Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:40   #91
ash

Re: pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !

Saw another Reva NXT/G on Hosur Road. Looks like a couple generations better than the current model!

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-img_20120121_112950.jpg
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:33   #92

A couple of months before, while traveling from Bangalore to Coimbatore, i had seen this "bigger" version of REVA, with a TestCar number plate.. and the driver was maneuvering it at a very good speed (~90kmph ) I took some pics with my mobile but they were blurred due to high speed..
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

A good VFM electric car has potential in India, especially in the cities. Short distances, traffic blocks, regular braking and downshifting etc.. means that this new Reva is a perfect solution. Its small, slow moving traffic and the short trips mean that the range should be enough, gearless operation....this should technically be the ideal city car.

But two big questions remain:
  1. Cost: It has to make economic sense, I am hoping Mahindras involvement and the larger production volumes will mean more competitive pricing. Indians expect a lot of bang for their buck especially with the advent of cars like the Nano. Simply running on electric power will not justify a 3 lac price tag for a 2 door city car!!
  2. Li battery: The big issue with such batteries is that they need to be replaced after some time and will gradually loose performance with age. Say after 5 years of use and the batteries have to be replaced, how will Reva handle this. They are very hazardous and needs proper disposal, also replacement batteries will cost a bomb. How will one justify a new battery thats much more than the value of the second hand car its meant for. They will need to start a battery replacement and disposal scheme ensuring customers that they are safe once the battery outlives its purpose.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:58   #94
BHPian

New small car?

I clicked this pictures today morning in GST Road, near Mahindra World City, Chennai. Not sure if this a new car (Mods, please move or delete the thread as required).

Pictures are not very clear (taken by mobile, while driving)
Attached Thumbnails
pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-wp_000006.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-wp_000005.jpg  

Last edited by r_devakumar : 24th January 2012 at 10:02.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: New small car?

That is the Reva NXR. there are threads discussing this already. It was even showcased on auto expo 2012
Funny thing is.. this car is under test from so many years.. yet to hit production
Old 24th January 2012, 10:25   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I clicked this pictures today morning in GST Road, near Mahindra World City, Chennai. Not sure if this a new car (Mods, please move or delete the thread as required).

Pictures are not very clear (taken by mobile, while driving)
Reva under test!!?? Now I see how they claim such fantastic FE figures.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 11:00   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Funny thing is.. this car is under test from so many years.. yet to hit production
The probable reason why it hasnt hit production is maybe because its being tested on a truck instead of on the road.

Mods probably need to close this thread.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

C'mon guys its meant to be a city car. With its 80(or 160km) range also, sooner or later it will need that truck to ferry it to Chennai from bangalore

Jokes apart, i really wish the car hits production soon. i am sure there are many people like me who want a city car which is environment friendly and light on pocket.

Only thing is our government should take proactive steps to encourage Electric car usage instead of putting petrol cess or increasing tax on diesel cars
Old 24th January 2012, 11:16   #99
Team-BHP Support

Wasn't Farooq Abdullah showing off his Reva NXR outside PMO a couple of weeks ago? It was well circulated throughout media.

Or was it a special made-to-order?
Old 24th January 2012, 12:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Wasn't Farooq Abdullah showing off his Reva NXR outside PMO a couple of weeks ago? It was well circulated throughout media.

Or was it a special made-to-order?
Since he is the Minister for new and renewable energy, M&M might have sought his help to get tax cuts from the Finance Ministry.

Note from Mod: Please continue the discussion in our Official Review thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th April 2013 at 18:35. Reason: Adding thread closing note / link to new thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks