Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 16:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Better then the current design which is expected but I think it is a missed opportunity. Why such a prominent grill or an electric car which doesn't have radiator?
Old 12th September 2009, 16:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Better then the current design which is expected but I think it is a missed opportunity. Why such a prominent grill or an electric car which doesn't have radiator?
if that didn't exist, you'd say " why is the front so bland".
To balance the design. It doesn't really have open pores/cutouts i guess.
Old 13th September 2009, 11:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Well I wouldn't say that . It is possible to make the front interesting without forcing fake/non functional styling cues. Remember 'form follows function'?
Old 13th September 2009, 12:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

GM has been talking about its volt for 3 years now. Never expect them to proceed on these things. Some companies just want to talk about electric and do nothing.

Last edited by srishiva : 13th September 2009 at 12:05.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Well I wouldn't say that . It is possible to make the front interesting without forcing fake/non functional styling cues. Remember 'form follows function'?
hmm.true but here, this car is out to make a statement and it is doing its job perfectly fine. Its a typical DC job. you never know , he may chop a santro and do the same design there too and then , this feature will find use!!
Old 13th September 2009, 12:51   #51
BHPian

Well, I hope it can accomodate 4 adults. But still 2 door Cars are not practical in India. (Women can't enter into back seats). I hope it is not overpriced like the current Reva.
Old 13th September 2009, 15:11   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Well, I hope it can accomodate 4 adults. But still 2 door Cars are not practical in India. (Women can't enter into back seats). I hope it is not overpriced like the current Reva.

Correct me if I may be wrong, but when the product sales increases the pricing of the REVA will decrease. Am not sure if our Government or the RTO has any subsidies for parking for electric cars , but the green building codes will ensure u get free covered parking and charging at office buildings.

Its the future ! If some one is looking at a second car for the city REVA must be an option.
Old 14th September 2009, 21:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

REPORT: Electric Chevy Spark to get its fire from... Reva?

REPORT: Electric Chevy Spark to get its fire from... Reva? — Autoblog
Reva,the little electric car company from India whose product has withstood ridicule from the likes of automotive entertainer Jeremy Clarkson, seems to be working very hard of late to turn those jeers into cheers. Not only will it be showing off two new models with fancy telematic systems and a "wireless charging" setup in Frankfurt next week, but news now comes it may be supplying GM India with the drivetrain components necessary to electrify the Chevy Spark. According to The Economic Times, if the Detroit headquarters gives the green light, the sub-continent subsidiary will enter into a joint venture with Reva Electric Car Company in what would be the first such deal for The General since those pesky bankruptcy problems.

If the deal does go ahead, we hope GM will use the 2010 version of the Spark rather than the current incredibly mediocre-looking re-badged Daewoo Matiz version. Looks count, and it would be embarrassing if the global Goliath racked up lower sales numbers than the David with which it had partnered. However it works out for GM, the agreement would be a boon to Reva, adding revenue and perhaps even allowing it to say arrivederci to their Rodney Dangerfield reputation.
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-chevysparkrender630.jpg
Old 16th September 2009, 13:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
OT . ok its time i eat my words. the VW E-up doesn't have the fake grill up front and looks good too. pix are available on frankfurt auto show thread.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

More pics from autoblog
Attached Thumbnails
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hi011.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hi068.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hi078.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hi136.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hi151.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hi196.jpg  

Old 17th September 2009, 13:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

NXR and NXG from Frankfurt 2009!!

Source:Autoblog

The REVA Electric Car Company announced the price of the REVA NXR – which starts at 9,995 euros for the lead acid version with leased batteries – in Frankfurt today and also took the wraps off of the NXG (above), the company's next electric vehicle that is due as a 2011 model.

The NXR, which stands for NeXr Reva (perhaps as a way to move away from some of the negative associations that the company's G-Wiz has), is scheduled to go into production early 2010 and has a top speed of 65 mph with a 100-mile range. Standard charging takes eight hours, but the car can accept a quick charge in 90 minutes. The hatch can seat four, Reva says, and comes with the company's REVive remote emergency charge (i.e. a way for Reva to use the car's telematics to temporarily access more of the battery's capacity than is usually available). Reva's pricing structure for the NXR is flexible, with both purchase and lease options for the lead acid (called the NXR CIty) or lithium-ion batteries (NXT Intercity). Details are available after the jump.

As for the NXG (NeXt Generation) above, it steps up where the NXR stops with a 125-mile range, 80 mph top speed and REVive. Pricing is expected to start at 23,000 euros. Interested customers can sign up at REVA's new website and put down a refundable 500 euro claim today.
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-01revalive.jpg

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-02revalive.jpg

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-05revalive.jpg

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-03revalive.jpg

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-06revalive.jpg

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-40093hinxr.jpg

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-12revalive.jpg
Old 18th September 2009, 13:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

the dash looks really cool.Whats that huge knob on the centre console?!
Nice catch anarchist
Old 18th September 2009, 13:55   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what a beaut!
did you know that the Li ion battery powered super stylish new reva which is being tested and under development, may cost almost 14 lacs on the road here?
I went to see the car last year at their lavelle road store and took some pics also, but I cant find those pics now.
that looked superb but look at the cost!
the small electric vehicle concept can never do well in India unless it is priced more realistically!
Old 18th September 2009, 15:23   #59
BHPian

It's getting tested at our product testing lab in Wipro for last few days (don't ask me what's getting tested - no track testing, definitely). Will click some picks today.
Looks quite better and grownup.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:35   #60
BHPian

wireless electricity

watch this
Eric Giler demos wireless electricity | Video on TED.com

I don't know if Reva is using this technology, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reva is indeed using this technology.

wireless electricity is not a myth and looking at the demo at the end of this video, it is already production quality.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed