Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 03:05   #76
BHPian

New REVA - Boxy Hatchback

Guys I happen to spot a new REVA model being tested in the late hours last weekend. It looks like a compact and good looking Wagon-R. I could not take a snap as I was on bike and I was on a no stopping zone.

A few things I can say....

Looks : Good futuristic looks.

Engine : I guess this one may(may, may) not be a battery powered one. It overtook me at around 70KMPH. So I am guessing. And if REVA has really powered the car to go till 70 KMPH this is a car to watch for city conditions. And the car was super silent(so maybe it is battery powered).

One last thing I could notice was its lights...

Headlight : Superb
Tail lights : Very very nice looking. With a huge REVA logo below it, covering the full width of the car.

The car was a quite compact car. Looks like the length of an Alto...maybe a bit longer with tall boy design like Wagon-R.

Next time I will surely get some snaps....

By the way this was spotted in Bangalore on the newly opened Flyover (Silkboad to ECity). It was on temporary registration.

Anyone else saw this one ? Is this an imported car ?

Last edited by bblost : 4th February 2010 at 11:25. Reason: edited the post title
Old 4th February 2010, 03:08   #77
Team-BHP Support

On one hand you say it is a sedan and then again you also say it looks like a Wagon R. I donot think it can be a sedan.
Old 4th February 2010, 03:10   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
On one hand you say it is a sedan and then again you also say it looks like a Wagon R. I donot think it can be a sedan.

Oh my fault its not a sedan...its an hatchback...

P.S. MODS please update the thread heading
Old 4th February 2010, 03:13   #79
BHPian

not a sedan

I assume you might have seen this - REVA NXR i.e. assuming you are sure it is a REVA
Attached Thumbnails
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-revanxr.jpg  

Old 4th February 2010, 03:15   #80
BHPian

@gshanky : Yes this is the one....Bingo..!!
Old 4th February 2010, 03:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
Guys I happen to spot a new REVA model being tested in the late hours last weekend. It looks like a compact and good looking Wagon-R. I could not take a snap as I was on bike and I was on a no stopping zone.

A few things I can say....

Looks : Good futuristic looks.

Engine : I guess this one may(may, may) not be a battery powered one. It overtook me at around 70KMPH. So I am guessing. And if REVA has really powered the car to go till 70 KMPH this is a car to watch for city conditions. And the car was super silent(so maybe it is battery powered).

One last thing I could notice was its lights...

Headlight : Superb
Tail lights : Very very nice looking. With a huge REVA logo below it, covering the full width of the car.

The car was a quite compact car. Looks like the length of an Alto...maybe a bit longer with tall boy design like Wagon-R.

Next time I will surely get some snaps....

By the way this was spotted in Bangalore on the newly opened Flyover (Silkboad to ECity). It was on temporary registration.

Anyone else saw this one ? Is this an imported car ?

Are you talking about REVA NXR?
posting some NXR pics below
Attached Thumbnails
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-revanxr4.preview.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-revanxr1lg.jpg  

Old 4th February 2010, 03:31   #82
BANNED

Hey this looks cool and competitive.
Old 4th February 2010, 05:48   #83
BHPian

Reva international cars

Source: Reva website-

Quote:
Reva is building two models for international market-
1) Reva NXR
2) Reva NXG

Reva NXR : is a four-seat, three-door hatchback family car suitable for urban driving. It is packed with user friendly technologies like advanced telematics and REVive. The NXR's high torque motor delivers a top speed of 104 km/h. A Boost mode provides short bursts of extra power. The NXR offers both Normal and Fast Charge options. While Normal Charge is ideal for overnight charging, the optional external Fast Charge station gives you 40 km (25 miles) in just 15 minutes.
Price: 9995 Euro (city model) and 14995 Euro (intercity model)

Reva NXG Wide as a supercar, the NXG's muscular styling and design are both futuristic and sensual. Scheduled for production in early 2011, the NXG is a 2 seat M1 targa top. With a top speed of 130 km/h and a range of 200 kms, the lithium ion powered car provides enough torque and acceleration to make it fun but not an irresponsible energy consumer. The NXG also packs in REViveTM, 4 Wheel disc brakes with integrated regenerative braking, along with all the advanced technologies that the NXR possesses.
Price: 22999 Euro
I didn't know of this information till I google it. It's nice to see Reva creating a brand name in international market with these futuristic cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-reva-nxr-2.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-reva-nxg-2.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-reva-nxg.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by erohit : 4th February 2010 at 05:48. Reason: Adding source details
Old 4th February 2010, 06:29   #84
SMK
BHPian

A pity that we dont get to drive these in India!
Old 4th February 2010, 06:47   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Source: Reva website-

I didn't know of this information till I google it. It's nice to see Reva creating a brand name in international market with these futuristic cars.
Those grey colored panels on the sides are ridiculous.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

I like the nxg. looks futuristic
Old 4th February 2010, 08:07   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod: Merged with existing thread. Please continue further discussion here.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:49   #88
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Looks much better than the existing match-box design. I hope they price is realistically this around. This could be a perfect vehicle for intra-city commute.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:31   #89
BHPian

This is exactly what we need for our future generation, electric muscle cars! And the price, especially for the NXR , i would rather join greenpeace to save the planet, much cheaper.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:38   #90
BANNED

Re: Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009

Hi some photos of reva nxr clicked by me today evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-new-reva-1.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-new-reva-2.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-new-reva-3.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-new-reva-4.jpg  

Gen II Reva NXR revealed EDIT : Launching at Frankfurt Motor Show 2009-new-reva-5.jpg  

Dr.Gagan is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks