Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 15:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Is the Think city a much more better looking reva?

Mods: Please move this to relevant section if need be.

Does this look like a better design for an electric vehicle? And a two-door at that. Its time Indian auto manufacturers come up with something like this soon. Not only does this resemble Beetle, but also looks much better than the rather sorry looking Reva.

Original URL: Think's electric cars start rolling off lines again | Green Tech - CNET News

Picture courtesy (Think global)

One year after nearing financial ruin, Think said Thursday that it has starting making its small all-electric sedan. The Norway-based company plans to begin delivering the two-seat Think City to customers in Europe, where municipal governments and utilities plan to use them as fleet vehicles. Think has orders for 2,300 of the cars, supported by government incentives. The initial car deliveries are due before the end of the year.

The Think City can go as fast about 60 miles per hour and it has a range of about 100 miles, on lithium ion batteries supplied by EnerDel. The car is being marketed to city dwellers who would like an electric car for daily commuting and errands, but not long trips. It's one of a few electric cars aimed at mainstream consumers that will be coming out in the next two years.
Valmet Automotive, which manufactures for Porsche and Fisker Automotive, has a production line of Think City cars at a plant in Uusikaupunki, Finland.
About a year ago, Think had to shut down its operations because it ran out of cash. Over the past year, the company secured more money and reorganized its management structure.

The company, which has its roots at Ford, plans to open a manufacturing facility and to launch sales for the Think City in the U.S. sometime in 2010. It also hopes to make money by licensing its electric power train to other automakers.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the specs like 60mph and lithium ion batteries, this will also be much more expensive than the Reva. Hence the design team also has more money and you get a better looking car. But I still find the Reva cuter and more original than a poor Beetle rendition.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

looks like a cross between a fish, a beetle and a mini. Nope I don't like the look of it.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

It does look better than the current Reva. The Beetle headlights also make the car look cute to an extent. However the rear is ugly.
Some more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Is the Think city a much more better looking reva?-thnkcitymichiganusa_imagelarge.jpg  

Is the Think city a much more better looking reva?-think_city__elbil___511212g.jpg  

Is the Think city a much more better looking reva?-thinkcity30_imagelarge.jpg  

Old 11th December 2009, 22:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wait a minute. Wikipedia lists the price of this car as US$32,500. That's over 15 lakh! And that's excluding the cost of the battery which is $160 (Rs.8000) per month! What in the world...
Old 11th December 2009, 22:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The newer Reva NXR and NXG look much better than Think City. The pricing of this car is much higher than the first gen Reva. First look at Think City is enough to recognise the headlamps which look like they come from Beetle.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

front looks are nice, pricing is crazzy.

We should thank Reva for giving us low priced car as compared to similar car manufacturers across the globe.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Wait a minute. Wikipedia lists the price of this car as US$32,500. That's over 15 lakh! And that's excluding the cost of the battery which is $160 (Rs.8000) per month! What in the world...

I'd use the same cash to get myslef a FiestaS 1.6 . And spend the rest on fuel!

It looks like some kind of cross-breed. If an Indian launch is on the cars, it'll be premature in my opinion.

If I see a Reva on the road, I say to myself "Aaj kya paap kiya tha maine" [What sin have I committed today?]
Old 12th December 2009, 10:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The newer Reva NXR and NXG look much better than Think City. The pricing of this car is much higher than the first gen Reva. First look at Think City is enough to recognise the headlamps which look like they come from Beetle.
Bang on! The newer Reva NXR and NXG look much better and original in design than the Think city!
Old 12th December 2009, 11:37   #10
BHPian

Reva is better and reasonable looking, for the price it is availaible.
Also to make it lighter, FRP/GRP like material had to be use, which has some limitation to design again/also to keep cost at low.
Old 12th December 2009, 11:46   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it Chinese ?

Lots of inspiration there. But still looks much better than the Reva.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:21   #12
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I personally feel the Reva (new gen) looks way better than this.
Specially the 2 door design.

This looks a mixtures of many cars there.
Let me name a few:
1. VW Bettle (lights)
2. Chevrolet Spark (Grill)
3. Mini (Hood, have a look at the 2nd car in the 1st pic)
4. Range Rover (The rear side quarter panel)

In all a good product. But the design could have been more original.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks