Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Although I try to be as supportive of Tata as possible, even then I could not help but notice that the lower part of the front bumper in the third and seventh pic is bent. Tata, please rectify such errors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Why does it have full wheel covers? In fact, I have noticed this trend in some more EVs! Any particular reason?
It is probably done to reduce drag which would in turn save energy allowing it to go further.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Indica Vista EV’s electrical components were designed by Miljø Grenland / Innovasjon in conjunction with Tata engineers. Externally there is no telling apart the petrol/diesel variants and the electric version of the Vista. The ‘engine bay’ of the Vista EV contains a 55kW (75 hp) electric motor coupled to a transmission. The car is capable of reaching top speeds of up to 128kmph and the 0-60kmph dash takes only 9 seconds.

The Indica Vista EV weighs about 1350 kilos of which 250 kilos are contributed by the lithium-ion batteries. The Indica Vista EV has a range of about 200kms on a single charge which is an extremely decent figure and also comes with air-conditioning, power steering and power windows.

The specialty of the Vista EV is that the car can be driven till the battery’s charge drops to 5% while other EV’s have a cut-off of at 15%. But the downside of this is that the Vista Ev takes 8 hrs to fully charged.

Tata Motors Spain already has 500 orders for the Indica Vista EV which retails at around 24,000 euros, of which the company would make 200 deliveries by the end of this year.

Report & pictures courtesy : ***************
Attached Thumbnails
First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets-tataindicavistaev2.jpg  

First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets-tataindicavistaev3.jpg  

First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets-tataindicavistaev4.jpg  

First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets-tataindicavistaev5.jpg  

First official pics: Indica Vista EV CVT, LHD Vista Interior for Euro markets-tataindicavistaev6.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2010, 14:17   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
DISCLAIMER : The translation is my own and in case of any errors, please excuse me.
That was pretty detailed, thank you for your effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
The Indica Vista EV’s electrical components were designed by Miljø Grenland / Innovasjon in conjunction with Tata engineers.
This Co, is it in India? If yes, any idea of their other developments for other automobiles as well?

Its performance is a blast. Perfect for the kind of car it is.

8hrs of charging time is ok in my opinion. I wish we had more such cars in India. This Vista for example, if sold at the right price would replace the many Indicabs that ply on the streets mostly within the city and have easy access to charging points and the works.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That was pretty detailed, thank you for your effort.

This Co, is it in India? If yes, any idea of their other developments for other automobiles as well?
AFAIK, its a Norwegian company that TML (or its European arm) took a 50.3% stake in.

Last edited by adits : 2nd June 2010 at 18:31.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Another feather in the cap for TATA.Frugal engineering and innovation again.Use an existing platform instead of others like nissan and gm to develop the EV.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:38   #21
BHPian

Its just awesome. Thanks SID.
TATA proves a point internationally with this and hoping to make an impact in-house as well that would compete with the awe-fully priced CBU's like Prius [No offence, but thats the reality that everyone knows].

Prem.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:53   #22
BHPian

The interiors of the car looks top notch, considering this is coming from Tata. If they have a build quality to match, then this would be a sure hit. I liked the one with the two tone dash with the blue better. This looks much better than the dash on the Ford Figo.

I dont understand why Tata is not providing this quality in the cars sold here. And an automatic would really work well for Tata.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Although I try to be as supportive of Tata as possible, even then I could not help but notice that the lower part of the front bumper in the third and seventh pic is bent. Tata, please rectify such errors!
Excellent observation, I went back and took another look at the pictures after I read this.
I am not sure why Tata can't get these things right, surely an externally visible defect like this should be caught easily at QC. Anyway, this is probably the rubber 'lip' that is black in colour in the Indian versions that is sticking out like that, I doubt that this is the actual bumper.

If I am right (about the rubber lip), then it seems quite foolish to try and paint something which is not rigid and specially when it is under the car.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:05   #24
BHPian

I feel the Leaf will eat the Indica Vista EV if it is sold for Euros 30,000! The interiors look solid, especially the gearl ever. The Indica Vista EV could only do this much as it is not a purpose built EV like the Leaf.

PS : Did anybvody notice the mildly dented front bumper in the 3rd and the 7th pictures? Just noticed that some one had already posted about this
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

To my eyes, the panel gaps are still there. Patriotic Indians & Tata Fans need to pay attention to images provided (it took me more than two visits to figure out). But, things are definitely moving in the right direction, with both Tata & Mahindra (with Reva) trying out the EVs.

Only things that hurts me if the price €30,000, way too much for Indians to pay for the EV hatch. But, it looks the same like the petrol/diesel powered hatch unlike competitors (not really) that are EV only.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:52   #26
BHPian

Indian model could be Value of money, by providing different battery option that could bring down the cost & KMs / per charge.

When are they launching hybrid?

Unlike Cloudy weather Europe, Take advantage of Scorching sun in Indian models, that should come with Solar panels, so charge while park or have a highway drive with solar power, wheel mounted A/C compressors, heat to energy conversion etc.

Also put the air compressed car technology to mix with a spruced up Hybrid.

All the best Tata Motors

Last edited by TeddyBear : 3rd June 2010 at 12:56.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Thats really neat!

But the question is when are we getting the EV in India and what would be its approx price
A top TM official was recently quoted as saying that electric Indica will not be introduced in India in view of the power situation prevalent in the country. IIRC, the statement was made by Rajeev Dubey and the news report figured in TOI.

The interiors look much better in the export version. However, I find the blue dashboard in RV unpalatable.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:37   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Out Priced for India.

Super Scoop Snaps Sid

The bumper bend is actually something very normal in this design, the bumper tends to warp depending on how it is tightened. It happens in both front and rear bumpers of both Vista dn Manza. It's not really a defect, but yes it's poor design as though it is presumed to be an area that is not visible, it is quite visible.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:14   #29
BHPian

Wow that sounds good.
My only comlaint is this - why is the wheel cover so dull???? is this to improve aerodynamic efficience or is it to keep people from stealing the hehious wheel caps?
Old 5th June 2010, 20:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Usually most of the "eco-cars" come with full cover wheel caps,because it reduces the aerodynamic efficiency of the car.More than that it has kind of become an industry norm to have dull wheel caps for eco norms.Portrays a sober image!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks