Team-BHP - The Auto-Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Auto-Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/16646-auto-image-thread-287.html)

On a fine Sunday-

The Auto-Image thread-img_0126_4-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by chethan.ram (Post 5172834)
Scene captured at a car/bike wash today near my place. The cars and bikes have been parked in queue since morning.

Mods, please move this to non auto image thread in case this doesn’t fit here.

A great capture and gets to the core of the action!

Our current Busephalus in Kolkata. Parking space is at a premium despite having a slot!

Being a professional photographer, I never compromise on the photographs of my own big boy, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, bought hardly three months back.

So whenever I take my big boy for a ride, if the location is nice, I always try to click a few artistic photographs to capture my memories with this car. As an artist, I love images in black and white and try to capture as many shades of grey as I can.

Here are a few pictures that I shot of my car in Rajgir, Bihar.

The Auto-Image thread-maruti-suzuki-scross-indo-hokke-hotel.jpg
Caption: This was shot from a very low angle to emphasize the grill design of S-Cross. You can also see the sun shining on one of the headlights, making it look stunning. The picture is all about the interplay of light and shadows.

The Auto-Image thread-maruti-suzuki-scross-indo-hokke-hotel_1.jpg
Caption: The beauty of the second image is the reflection of the alloy wheel and front design on the surface water. The water on the cemented ground is a spillover of the car wash.

The Auto-Image thread-maruti-suzuki-scross-indo-hokke-hotel_2.jpg
The beauty of this image is the shadow of the portico dividing the windshield and bonnet into two equal parts to portray a dichotomy.

I would share more pictures of my big boy at different locations, in the upcoming posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvarma9989 (Post 5160171)
West coast, sunset.

Attachment 2212583

Lovely shot of the car! Loved it! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chethan.ram (Post 5177232)
Off Kanakapura Road, Bangalore.

Nice image of the car! Depicts the character so well! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.AD (Post 5253998)
Here is one B&W image from my recent weekend trip:

Attachment 2270066

Very beautifully you have captured the reflections in black and white! clap:

Location Change Alert

Now it is Patna, India near Ganga Ghat on the sands.

The Auto-Image thread-pvkv5250.jpg
Caption: The image was shot on Lumix S1 mirrorless camera. I chose the side of the car which was against the direct sunlight so that I can get a reflection of the sand on the car's metallic body. Choosing the wrong side would not have given this effect at all. Further, I also positioned myself at an angle that could give only a glimpse of the side view of the car. The picture was framed keeping S-Cross badging intact so as to reveal the identity of the car.

The Auto-Image thread-pvkv52572.jpg
Caption: This is again my favourite low angle shot of the car to emphasize the design of S-Cross' bonnet.

Few tips, if you care to learn from the composition of these images:
1. Always experiment with different angles and select the unique ones to post.
2. Don't shoot at eye level, as it will only give you mainstream photos of your car.
3. As cars have metallic body, look for interesting reflections that can outshine your image.

From my recent Yercaud trip. Shot on Pixel 4a The Auto-Image thread-pxl_20220213_061116246.portrait2.jpg

The Auto-Image thread-pxl_20220213_060226678.jpg

The Auto-Image thread-pxl_20220213_0600269042.jpg

Would like to add a few more tips for photographing your car:

4. Your car needs to be fairly clean, if not sparkling clean.

5. Experiment with different lenses. Your car will appear different shot from an extreme wide-angle lens (at 14/16mm focal length) to a telephoto lens (70-200mm).

6. Always remove the number plate during post-processing or privacy reasons.

7. Shoot on a wet surface (where available) from a very low angle.

My City...this evening...Nikon Z50 + Nikkor 16-50mm, just crossed 5 years...

VW Taigun! Shot on iPhone 13 Pro

Without editing
The Auto-Image thread-650390f8d77a4f31b311cdd5a5879f1e.jpeg

With editing
The Auto-Image thread-39287c5eccec47eda48fb2f4f1f3187e.jpeg

Drove down from Kumbakonam to Chennai this morning: a shot of my ride and other pics with iPhone 11 Pro Max...I always stop at this Lotus Pond on the way from Kumbakonam to Chennai at Udayarpalayam, Ariyalur Dist, it was filled with White and Pink Lotuses and was pleasantly windy, sunny with the road side trees offering a cool shade from the blisteringly hot sun. Edited with Adobe LRCC and Luminar AI.

Last week, my 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider at the old Reims F1 circuit!

The Auto-Image thread-ef4f7a3e75064c3fbb5c1f201c80dc7c.jpeg

These days it much left of the circuit. Just the old grand stand and this starting and pit building. You actually drive through it on a regular provincial road

Jeroen

My Santa Fe in the grocery store’s parking lot

The Auto-Image thread-7d36f41239654c30af1319e0342f9dc8.jpeg

From one of the many pointless drives.

On one of the drives to Munnar.

The Auto-Image thread-20220126_141605.jpg

On the way to Hampi from Hyderabad. The Auto-Image thread-img_20220602_173647.jpg