Team-BHP - The Official non-auto Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Official non-auto Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/4477-official-non-auto-image-thread-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 574130)
This is at same vista point?
Anyways here is a clean no hdr no frills version

No, not the same vista point ... this one is taken probably 100 feet to the right of where you were standing. You can see the small island at the bottom left on my image.

Kaishik, this is Lake tahoe, emerald bay. The island is called angel island.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 574130)
This is at same vista point?
Anyways here is a clean no hdr no frills version

Tanveer, can you post all 3 versions (-2/0/+2).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 571794)
Thanks, my PP skills are quite limited, so I don't deviate too much from my usual, besides I try to stay close to reality.

Here is something different, I hope.

Thanks, the credit should go to the excellent 50-200mm Zuiko lens.

Samurai, your pics are amazingly sharp & i am sure its not just the lens. What i meant is not the object. The Tone. Would like to see yellows, reds, pinks & blues from you and that coconut tree leaves were different with that yellow from your normally earthy tones. (just my view :) )

PP is still spanish to me.

Thanks mansidea, what coconut tree leaves are you talking about? PP is spanish to me too, I just know few words.

Hola, no puedo hablar espaņol.

(Ok, I cheated. That's google translation)

A few experiments I did this week.

Cheers
Hellcat.

Hellcat, the first one is awesome mate! Beautiful

Kpzen, great view but a lil dull, may be you could use some PP here. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 576085)
Kpzen, great view but a lil dull, may be you could use some PP here. :)

Yet to learn PP.
Can u do something?

Wish I could, I cant! :(.. I am far worse than you in PP I guess..Sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 575976)

This was after 2 minutes in Picasa (free software).

You don't need the big gun (Photoshop) for minor corrections.:)

Good work Samurai san.
Damn i need to learn some PP and other tools

If you are shooting digital, you really have no choice. I know people who think PP as cheating, but that is basically ignorance. When we shot with film, it was the development studio that took care of PP. With digital we are own our own, therefore learning post-processing is not really optional anymore.

Post-processing completes the digital image.

@Samurai San, the corrected one has a bit of noise in the shadows. Maybe you should
a. blur that region alone to reduce the distraction of the noise from the main subject
b. you could otherwise try to apply a oil on canvas filter to the whole picture to give it a sketchy look. It will give the pic an authentic painted look and make good use of the noise as well :)

BTW do you have a vertical shot of the same landscape?

P.S - am no Photography expert and just giving a few suggestions based on a few tricks i know :)

Venkatesh, it is not my image. I worked from the 640x480 image posted by kpzen. Besides, with my limited PP skills I can't do much.