Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 07:48   #6511
Senior - BHPian

@tifosikrishna, TG, gd1418: Thanks!

Quote:
could it be the person behind the lens?
Quote:
It could very well be the man behind the lens
And you gd1418, TG... I have added you people also to my hit list along with jkdas! Aarrghh....!!

Last edited by clevermax : 14th September 2009 at 07:50.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:49   #6512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Beautiful shots brother..But i feel that first picture looks a bit noisy..No problems,still i like the shots
Yes - I know - we were paddling when it was clicked - can anybody help how to compensate for the movement when you shoot while travelling - for example,
a. the shot of the flamingoes was taken when were sitting in a boat in a river, we had stopped paddling, but the flow of the river and the angle of the sun was difficult to adjust;
b. you shoot from a car when someone else is driving - this is to capture some unique moments
Old 14th September 2009, 12:27   #6513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Yes - I know - we were paddling when it was clicked - can anybody help how to compensate for the movement when you shoot while travelling - for example,
a. the shot of the flamingoes was taken when were sitting in a boat in a river, we had stopped paddling, but the flow of the river and the angle of the sun was difficult to adjust;
b. you shoot from a car when someone else is driving - this is to capture some unique moments
You should practice panning shots. Helps you get a steady shot of a subject when it is moving or you are moving with the cam.

One shot in the auto image thread by TorqueGuru. Find the original post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1365735

Last edited by clevermax : 14th September 2009 at 12:32.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:23   #6514
BHPian

Kanheri caves Mumbai

Some pics of Kanheri Caves in Sanjay Gandhi national Park, Borivali (Mumbai). I was spell bound to see such a place right in the middle of the city. when i show these pic to my friends, some of them ask, "Is this Cambodia?" I reply, "The beauty of Cambodia in our very own Mumbai."

The Official non-auto Image thread-kanheri-caves.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-kanheri-caves-2.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-kanheri-caves-3.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th September 2009 at 15:29. Reason: Formatting corrected
Old 14th September 2009, 19:33   #6515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Out for a swim
Attachment 189601
Regards,
TG.
That shot is a keeper! Awesome timing, Did you Bribe the tiger?
Old 15th September 2009, 09:23   #6516
BHPian

@TSEA
Thanks man.

Making a Connection
The Official non-auto Image thread-3919174816_f6f01c9813_b.jpg

Water eyed
The Official non-auto Image thread-3919173720_a9fb33a929_o.jpg

Regards,
TG.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:32   #6517
Senior - BHPian

No TSEA, the tiger bribed him to get his portfolio done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
That shot is a keeper! Awesome timing, Did you Bribe the tiger?
Old 15th September 2009, 12:58   #6518
Senior - BHPian

Perfect for drifting ?
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_0652-large.jpg
Old 15th September 2009, 13:08   #6519
Senior - BHPian

@kp... the colors are over saturated.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:09   #6520
Team-BHP Support

And perfect for going off the road and slide down too.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:20   #6521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And perfect for going off the road and slide down too.
Haha, true, very true!
Old 15th September 2009, 15:22   #6522
Team-BHP Support

Theme photography thread launched: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...me-1-rain.html

Post away.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:22   #6523
Senior - BHPian

I know this was comming from you,

This is the third thread where you are posting this pic. BTW i like all three threads and this pic verymuch,

OT:why can't we have this thread merged in one of the image threads as we might have different themes every 15 days and it will be difficult to track all these older threads, just a sugestion though.

Pramod
Old 15th September 2009, 15:26   #6524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
OT:why can't we have this thread merged in one of the image threads as we might have different themes every 15 days and it will be difficult to track all these older threads, just a sugestion though.
Promod, let's keep the discussions here. The seperate thread for theme came after lots of brain storming. There will be only one theme thread, whose theme will be changing. Non-theme photos will be posted in this thread, like always.

Past Discussions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Dont you guys think its a good idea to have "the topic of the week" or something and post pics regarding the same?

For eg. we can have HDR for next week or b/w or panorama or unprocessed or whatever and post related to the topic pics, guru's can also post techniques for the same and us newbies cam learn.

Just a suggestion!!
Quote:

Mods! Are you listening???
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks for taking my comment in its pure sense. I always find fathers more attached to their daughters than sons, including myself.

Its a good idea to have a weekly subject here. Atleast it will be a big favour for people who are learning and experimenting, like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
+1 to that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
+1 count my vote in for the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow TG the first Portrait(B&W) is great & she is looking very cute

As for The Suggestion, We(MODs) will discuss & get back to you guys, I hope that's fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

me too, me too.

it will be photography tuition for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yes, yes, we are watching.
One is away, other is busy. You'll have to settle for me for now.

First, wanted to get the feel of what is expected here.

1) Assuming whole week will be one theme, what happens if somebody wants to post something outside of the theme?
2) Are the images going to be critiqued? Do people want to be critiqued? I can tell you it will get ugly. It could be optional too. Or it could be just fun, bad images are welcome as well as good pics.
3) Will there be a voting, will there be a winner? (this would need mod team approval before we can allow contest like this)
4) Any other ideas to improve the concept?

Based on your feedback, we will discuss in the support team and will come out with a structured plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
What you can do is, have a separate thread where you post only pics based on the weekly theme chosen. That way, you don't have to worry about people who want to post other images here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
my thoughts are inline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Sorry on missing You out Samurai. I think you the most regular here so You should be the One.

Criticism is no problem, i think this thread has done good enough with constructive criticism, and so far no one has taken any offence.

All pics good or bad should be allowed, I am saying this because my pics would all be bad in front of you guys but i am willing to be criticised and hence learn to make them better the next time.

Good idea about the contest Samurai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
+1 to the theme concept.

+1 to this thought too.
Quote:
Now that sounds sensible!

@Samuari
And I completely agree with your thoughts there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
You may try this:

1. Let one person start the contest by giving a "Subject for the week/month". He becomes the judge for the moment.

2. Let people post pictures (taken only after the contest is announced), and allow others to comment on them. All pictures should be posted with the Contest Name as the heading.

3. However, the Judge decides which picture is the best and that photographer becomes the new Judge and decides on the "Subject" for the next contest (and so on...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Criticism is the first step for improvement and amendment for any. C&C should remain and be an integral part as well.

I did not understand Sharath, when you said it might get ugly. In what way? You mean the criticism shall border on deriding and humiliate?

I think that should not be allowed and nipped in the bud. There could be a rank beginner who would post his/her first pics that he/she thinks are his/her's best effort. Now that may not be so for the seasoned here.

To deride & humiliate that person on a forum is not done and would be totally demoralising, discouraging and may cause dejection as well.

We are members here to share, learn and improve our knowledge and skills, whether be it the automotive or any other topic/field and not to score brownie points or show superiority over anybody.

My 2 cents..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
As far as my experience goes from the other photography forums, most people don't handle criticism that well. I am glad the members here are much more mature and accepting and are ready to learn. More often than not, when a person is criticized about his/her work, they tend to take it personally. It's the work that is being criticized not the person. Hence, it should be ok if all of us understand this simple thing and try to improve our photography.
Quote:
Now, why would you think about such extremes?

But HellwratH guessed it right since he and I have seen it before in another photography forum. Many people don't handle criticism well. This is exactly why we stopped moderating the Auto Image thread.

Critiquing is a very dicey area, each person has a different idea about composition. Personally I am very wary of giving critique unless it is specified solicited and I am sure that the person will take it well.

Generally contests are a very good thing to challenge oneself, to constantly experiment and achieve better composition. However, both critical judging and reality TV style voting can leave the participant disappointed. Since the participant profile can differ from noob to top-professional, it would be very difficult to have a common understanding about composition and technique. Therefore, I don't think we should make this one a contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Criticism is part of growth, be it good or bad. If nobody comments about my photos (I may not have even half a dozen photos here!), I realize others consider me as a learner of photography techniques (which is truth) OR my photo is too simple and ordinary, there is nothing to write home about ! Whatever is the after-effect, photos from people like me are, fillers among professional posters ! It also might remind our seniors, how they were years back.
Quote:
Often critique is solicited without any serious attempt by the snap-shooter. Here is an example where my comment was explicitly requested since it was too amateurish for expert comments, no I am not kidding.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post705384

And I gave it honestly and he too took it well. Not everybody takes it well.

Another case: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post864725

If you just go through this thread from the begining, you will see that often critique is asked and given. But in many cases, the composition attempt is rather casual or non-existent. If you want to write a book, you have to bother with grammar, the structure (introduction, plot, storyline, developing the characters, climax, ending, etc), spelling, etc. If you don't know, you have to learn how to do it. Once you put significant effort in the right direction, then you can ask for critique and feedback from peers to correct mistakes. Tips are useful for incremental improvement. Once you get your fundamentals right, then you can develop a style, break the mould, etc. That is what TG has been doing these days.

Instead, if you splash a paint bucket over the wall and ask "Whadayya think?", there is nothing much to think or reply.

The best and the most effective feedback I ever received on my photography was this: You have no clue about photography, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I think I haven't seen many cases where people have taken a criticism negatively on this forum. What has really been an issue is the removal of the picture. The whole point people put it here is to let others see what they captured, removal takes away that opportunity.

In the very initial days I had put some pictures from auto show assuming anything that had an auto in it was meant to be in auto thread. After removal I didn't bother to put them anywhere else because I had lost the links (we were still using imageshack at that time), and there were too many of them to upload again.

Personally, I think criticism will not be a big issue was long as the images remain on the forum.

Last edited by Samurai : 15th September 2009 at 15:36.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:58   #6525
BANNED

Wooow!

Great thread, We'll get some free wall papers here

Where is Rudra Sir, Rjstyles and others...?

Most Viewed