A snap taken on enroute to Mysore.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc04851.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 12:44   #8372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
A snap taken on enroute to Mysore.
The orton effect dosent go well with this snap, A tighter crop could have been better. The second tree on the left does not add to the composition.

Just my 2 cents

Pramod
Old 31st March 2010, 13:27   #8373
Senior - BHPian

Hellwrath,
The corn cart shot is awesome.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:28   #8374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The orton effect dosent go well with this snap, A tighter crop could have been better. The second tree on the left does not add to the composition.

Just my 2 cents

Pramod
pramod that doesn't look like the Orton effect. I remember vaguely it was an available option in Picasa for PP.

I would have preferred a complete silhouette effect. What say ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 31st March 2010 at 13:34.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:38   #8375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
pramod that doesn't look like the Orton effect. I remember vaguely it was an available option in Picasa for PP.

I would have preferred a complete silhouette effect. What say ?
True, a silhoutte would have looked brilliant with a dramatic sun and sky in the background, but just imagine the same pic minus the tree on the left, would have looked very balanced. What say ?

Pramod
Old 31st March 2010, 13:58   #8376
Senior - BHPian

HW, you keep giving me surprises each time you post something here. You are the best example to show the world "Its not what gear you own or carry around, but the brain and ideas that give life to a photograph". Looking forward to more meets, atleast I can learn many things.

Remember these dry branches ? Now I realize how important a polarizing filter is. Need to get one soon.
The Official non-auto Image thread-tr.jpg
Old 31st March 2010, 17:10   #8377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
Hellwrath, the second one is nice. @Shamik Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Hellwrath,
The corn cart shot is awesome.
Thank you Yusha and Fazal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
HW, you keep giving me surprises each time you post something here. You are the best example to show the world "Its not what gear you own or carry around, but the brain and ideas that give life to a photograph". Looking forward to more meets, atleast I can learn many things.

Remember these dry branches ? Now I realize how important a polarizing filter is. Need to get one soon.
Attachment 319408
Well, you're being way too kind to me Shaju. I am in the same boat as you . And, I am looking forward to more meets as well. We need to get some PROs as well (like kaushik_s) as it will help us learn new things. Ye, I remember the dry branches, it's come out pretty good but I am not sure I like the PP. And yes, the accessory/lens buying addiction is not going to end anytime soon (in my case as well) .
Old 31st March 2010, 17:21   #8378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Its not what gear you own or carry around, but the brain and ideas that give life to a photograph
Why is that I don't see anybody downgrading their equipment as their skills improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
He has used that selective blurring using Picasa, but you are right about incorrect application.

Last edited by Samurai : 31st March 2010 at 17:29.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:37   #8379
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys
I am feeling a little scarred to post some pictures that I took on a little recent trip to Goa in Sep' 09 as all the pictures that are uploaded here are clicked by experts and are light years ahead from what I click.

The pictures were clicked on a Canon S5 and are original, ie no photoshop or anything. I have just used picasa to reduce the size and cropping the 1st picture a little bit. As far as I remember I took the pictures on the pictures on the Manual mode but do not remember for sure

Eagerly awaiting for comments and suggestions on improving my photographic capability.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0544.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0564.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_0708.jpg  

Last edited by harjeev : 31st March 2010 at 19:39.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:42   #8380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why is that I don't see anybody downgrading their equipment as their skills improve.
Interesting thought!
In fact they upgrade the equipment as their skills improve. This can be only explained like when they are able to 'tame' a superior equipment, they buy it.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:46   #8381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
......I am not sure I like the PP. And yes, the accessory/lens buying addiction is not going to end anytime soon (in my case as well)
The sky was white and boring, may be the reddish effect might go well ! I am yet to find out a quality PP method as I am only fiddling with the basics. Also my JPEG originals may not help much, need to start RAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
True, may be we always look up for everything in life, unless circumstances force one to downgrade.

A landing shot !
The Official non-auto Image thread-bfr.jpg
Old 31st March 2010, 20:59   #8382
BHPian

@Samurai
Well i am developing a fascination for my friend's D60. I might just go and buy one. I like it mainly, because of how light it is. I have been able to take more than decent pictures in really low light as well. The setting of course have to be changed. But I liked the results. Also I just got an old 1975 model Canon camera, with a 50 mm f 1.8 lens on it. Its still n my bag. I need to check on the model number and stuff, I will post more later. I just picked it up because I am tired of technology assistance. I want to go all simple again, and shoot film for some time!

So would this go down as a down grade?

@Shaju
Beautiful shot.

@Hellwrath
Amazing stuff flowing from your lens buddy! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@TG: How are you using it inverted? The primitive way like I use, or you have a mount?

This one's dedicated to TG. Hope he'll come back to the world of colors!
Attachment 317454
EXIF: 1/20s, f/4.5, ISO200, taken in low light.
Haha, I shoot both color and black and white. Come on, dont say that i am not into color these days! Just that most of the compositions I see are worth a black and white more than color these days. When I seea color worthy picture, I still shoot in color!

Like this one.
The Official non-auto Image thread-4478057705_3a1d991d33_b.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
TG

Awwssum work..

How did u do that ? In detail pls
I just removed my 50mm f 1.4 lens. Adjusted the aperture manually to what I wanted. And then held it inverted in front of the shutter. and clicked. thats all.

Like Clevermax asked, yes I do it the primitive way.

Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 31st March 2010 at 21:06.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:22   #8383
Senior - BHPian

TG thanks, thats a terrific shot, I would have offered him a pack of Orbit white if I were in your place !

After the cow slaughter ban bill was passed in Karnataka (19th March 2010), cows here stopped eating grass !!
The Official non-auto Image thread-cow.jpg
Old 31st March 2010, 22:02   #8384
BHPian

@shaju
That blue cap is very distracting. Making the head of the cattle fit into the one third of the shot, would have worked better. An even lower angle at the level of the eye is what you should go for. When it come to animals, getting to the eye level, or getting their reaction from their eyes, 9,10 times...makes the shot.

Regards,
TG.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:21   #8385
Senior - BHPian

TG, tusi great ho !!
Very frankly, I was searching for the 'blue cap' after your reply. It never came to my line of vision until you pointed out. Thanks, the corrections are seriously taken, I will apply them in real life.

Most Viewed