Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 19:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Nokia N900 - One year with the beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Where can i find FM car kit? Is it online or in some app store or something like that?

thanks

great review. I gifted one to my brother and he loves it. his phone is stock like yours is.
maemo.org - package overview for fm-carkit
This app is available in 'kind of' appstore for n900. You need to define new Catalogs in App Manager. Instruction are up there in the link below.
http://thehandheldblog.com/2009/12/2...ith-one-click/

make sure that you know what you are doing as some of these applications can brick your phone!. But if you are ok with reflashing the firmware, you should go ahead and try it. (BTW, FM Carkit is fine. So far no problems with it)
Like someone said in TMO forums, if you dont reflash your device atleast once a week, you are not a real user of N900.

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 11th May 2011 at 19:15.
anToNIcHeN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 19:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Nokia N900 - One year with the beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Have you installed FM car kit? This would make even calls to be transmitted over the FM. Works like a hands free bluetooth set. Biggest advantage here --> Your HU need not have any BT capability, but you could stream calls to the Car speakers.
I like the phone in the landscape mode, so didn't try. Will try the FM car kit! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
What a brilliant review!! I never knew all thease things about the N900 and always thought it was running on Symbian. Dude, you should start writing a gadget blog! I would be the first one to subscribe!!
Thanks a lot Pri2. I am flattered, but I am not the technical guy and like to write about stuff I own. Still, thanks, means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
great review. I gifted one to my brother and he loves it. his phone is stock like yours is.
Thanks! God bless brothers!

Most Viewed