Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vodafone India sues customer for posting defamatory Facebook statuses

Quote:
i had paid Rs.28,000/- in excess which is still yet to be refunded.
ABRA motors Chennai got 502 rupees more than the selling price of my Jetta. I am yet to get 502. I can imagine how long it will take for your 28000
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Well, if he did this, I can understand why vodafone had to take action. If Vodafone had access to his FB, so could millions of other users. While his opinion are his own, the contact numbers are private to respective owners.
I think either you're completely wrong, or consumercomplaints.in or suchlike sites should be shut down. asap. Newspapers should be barred from such content. TBHP should apologise and shut down the Skoda thread. Eh? NO way!
e.g Vodafone Postpaid Connection Complaints - Harrasment and threatning call by Vodafone (read one of the comments as well - your comments were valid if they were personal numbers, not the official numbers. official numbers are for official purposes - they are not unlisted personal numbers!)

Its full of people complaining, saying, I wrote an email to so and so at this ID, and I called this this number and nothing happened. I'm not even going into the "one's FB is private" argument. Vodafone should get used to it and move on.

And honestly, both Airtel & Vodafone should apologise for the completely 3rd class 3G service they have. I opted for Airtel3G and came back to 2G within a week. Its useless and the coverage is horrible today. They should stop their marketing activities before they have gotten their network in place.

Vodafone’s Legal Notice To Customer Points Towards A Bigger Problem - MediaNama is a brilliant analysis. I am myself in an email war with Airtel over billing me for a stupid "S*xy Racing" game - one that comes on android admob - no authorization taken, no link clicked, nothing. Just like that. Their current stand is - come back to us after it shows up in your bill. Barf!

EDIT: Does anyone have the exact text that caused this mess - we can argue till we're blue without any data!

Last edited by phamilyman : 2nd June 2011 at 10:30.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Well, what you post in Facebook is not necessarily private.
It may not necessarily be private, but that does not give any company the right to look into the account and use it as bait. That is voilation of the privacy act!

If the user has posted private information of the company, that can be used, as he himself is voilating the act by doing this. Like he shared persoanl #'s of officials on his account. That would certainly be held against him.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:58   #19
BHPian

Vodafone is below par not just in India. Take a look at this Vodafail.com - Looks like Vodafail to me. a complete website revealing a whole bunch of unsatisfied customers in Australia. What action did vodafone take against those who whined on this blog???? This blog even has links to those who complained about bad service on twitter. Are they all going to court for this too??

Last edited by Punzabi : 2nd June 2011 at 11:01.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:32   #20
BHPian

I am sure this case will not withstand and customer will stay up right, as a consumer he has all the rights to notify his grievance and ask for what was promised by the provider. The vendor has already marketed himself bad with the notice on a customer. Which shows how the provider is and an individual like me have come to know about this.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:45   #21
BANNED

I was thinking of taking a Vodafone connection, with the intention of switching from either BSNL or Reliance to them. Now I will have to think!!
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

It may not necessarily be private, but that does not give any company the right to look into the account and use it as bait. That is voilation of the privacy act!
What we don't know is, if what he posted was on his public wall or only to his friends. If it is the former, I don't see anything wrong in anybody using that as somekind of proof. After all if it is on public wall, it is equivalent to standing in a busy street and shouting slogans.

Also I find it amusing that people are accusing Vodafone of hacking his account.

I am not supporting vodafone here. They may have failed to provide quality service. But that doesn't justify the actions of this individual if he has actually done so.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Just because there is freedom of speech
That is exactly the paradigm I was talking of. This guy is clearly being censored (asked to remove his FB post)!
Honestly.. he CAN do it "just because" in a democracy, freedom of speech is an inalienable right! People who don't get it, should move to Pakistan, North Korea or Saudi Arabia.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I was thinking of taking a Vodafone connection, with the intention of switching from either BSNL or Reliance to them. Now I will have to think!!
Well dont go to Vodafone, absolutely pathetic service. No network coverage, calls dropping frequently and their customer service is a complete disaster. I have four numbers at home from Vodafone. The dudes installed a signal booster in my house about 2 yrs back since the signal was really bad.

Now this thingy decided to go for a walk about 7 months back I was back at square one, no coverage in my apartment. Called Vodafone customer care in December last year and even sent an email to the nodal officer.

Repeated calls and finally 6 months later, a technician came home and fixed it yesterday. I prolly will soon be shifting to another service provider since MNP is available.
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:01   #25
BANNED

@rjstyles69; The problem is that Essara and (defunct) Usha were the first couple of service providers in UP. BSNL came later. These chaps were all on 900MHz. The new ones are all on 1800/1900MHz which is more prone to drop outs. Also, their coverage at least in UP(E) is probably the best after BSNL & RCom. IIT has a deal with TataDocomo and has concessional tariff plus CUG. I am not sure what is the situation at home. Hence the idea of experimenting and only then deciding.

What is this signal booster? Are they available in the market, and at what cost?
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rjstyles69; The problem is that Essara and (defunct) Usha were the first couple of service providers in UP. BSNL came later. These chaps were all on 900MHz. The new ones are all on 1800/1900MHz which is more prone to drop outs. Also, their coverage at least in UP(E) is probably the best after BSNL & RCom. IIT has a deal with TataDocomo and has concessional tariff plus CUG. I am not sure what is the situation at home. Hence the idea of experimenting and only then deciding.

What is this signal booster? Are they available in the market, and at what cost?
I think they are repeaters. My colleagues (who leave in the same enclave) have this installed for free from the operator.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The dudes installed a signal booster in my house about 2 yrs back since the signal was really bad.
Quote:
Yes, what is a signal booster?. Also, wont you need atleast some signal to boost it?. Or will it work only in areas with less coverage rather than no-coverage?.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

What they are going to do about these tweets

https://twitter.com/#!/ChodafoneIN

really hilarious
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes they are available in the market and IIRC Vodafone did tell me it costs about 1500 bucks or so. I told them I dont intend to pay this amount and simply asked them the procedure to rid my self of their SIM card. In a weeks time the signal booster was installed free of cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think they are repeaters. My colleagues (who leave in the same enclave) have this installed for free from the operator.
You could call it repeaters/passive repeater/signal booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Yes, what is a signal booster?. Also, wont you need atleast some signal to boost it?. Or will it work only in areas with less coverage rather than no-coverage?.
Here's how it works Cellular repeater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:03   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ever heard of the Streisand Effect? That's exactly what's happening unless the situation is controlled. Whoever at Vodafone decided to send him a notice is an idiot, no two sides to that.

It costs 200 rupees to send someone a legal notice in India. Don't worry, this case is not going anywhere (actually, no case is filed either). Any company suing a customer for defamatory comments is just bad news; Vodafone better realise that 5,000 internationally-registered websites blasting Vodafone can go live in 24 hours, with the kind of SEO that'll ensure they show up first on google search results. How many websites will Vodafone try to shut?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks