Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 12:49   #31
BHPian

re: Is Airtel Nationalised?

Amen to bad service from Airtel.

I shifted homes about three months back and had to get my Airtel LL shifted to my new house which is in the same Bldg Complex, only a different Bldg.

After running from post to post and a prolonged delay of abt 2 weeks, my service request was tended to, however the attitude and ineptness of the engineers was something i was not prepared for and came as bit of a shock.

This is really not what is to be expected of the largest Pvt Sector Company in Telecom.

In a lighter vein the entire incident reminded me of an episode of Jaspal Bhatti's popular sitcom Flop Show.
Old 9th August 2011, 16:52   #32
Team-BHP Support

Meanwhile, I am maintaining rolling fire on Airtel, by calling them at least 3 times a day, the office receptionist is doing that. Yesterday evening they told it will happen by 8PM, I didn't believe and it didn't happen. Today morning they said it will happen by today, so far nothing has moved, not even a call from them, which means nothing will happen again.

And I have ordered Tata Docomo Wifi Hub, should solve my speed problem.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:02   #33
BHPian

I got a reply from the nodal officer that there will be a resolution by 5:30 pm tomorrow. Let's see what happens.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:41   #34
BHPian

I have been using Reliance Winmax from past 3 years and I am very happy with their service. They provide Static IP for Free
Old 9th August 2011, 22:17   #35
BHPian

I noticed something funny. While browsing this thread, the Airtel ad appears at the ad space on top
Old 9th August 2011, 22:30   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Besides, I don't think BSNL will react any faster to service requests.
I'll say Give it a shot. From what I have seen, in case of problems, call & register a complaint. Then walk across to the nearest office (not the ones where they take payments etc). The response from the office near our place has been good.

At least they have some one you can meet & talk to. I dont if Airtel has this setup. From what you have described, Airtel's suppprt network seems out of bounds.

I would not touch Reliance. May leave you with Tata, but I'm not sure how good they are. Friend has a Tata WLL, but not happy with cust service again.

Last edited by condor : 9th August 2011 at 22:32.
Old 9th August 2011, 22:42   #37
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

Today is 9 Aug, 2011. Despite multiple reminders - no bill on my doorstep. After about six months of email followup, one lady called me to say that the bill should be a few hundred and I should visit BSNL customer care in person (with a couple of hours in hand) to sort it out. She herself said there's no way she can ensure the bill would be generated.

Service my foot!
Be happy

you did not get bill for 5 day service.

In my office quarters complex reliance disconnected all the residential phones and still sent them bills for 3 months. when they did not pay, because they did not have the connection at all, Reliance has dragged them to court to recover bills for non existent service. Only my friend countered them saying he has lost consultancy business worth few thousands due to their abrupt disconnection and they need to compensate him. Reliance just kept quiet.
Old 10th August 2011, 00:09   #38
BHPian

Samurai, Try contacting the Nodal Officer on 080-41115338, 9.30AM to 6.30 PM Monday to Friday. You can only contact them from an airtel phone.

I have been with Airtel for the last 5 years and only once I had a problem with their customer care.

Last edited by srimath : 10th August 2011 at 00:10.
Old 10th August 2011, 00:26   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Samurai, Try contacting the Nodal Officer on 080-41115338, 9.30AM to 6.30 PM Monday to Friday. You can only contact them from an airtel phone.
Considering my airtel connection is still in my former apartment, that is not an simple act.
Old 10th August 2011, 00:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Considering my airtel connection is still in my former apartment, that is not an simple act.
You can use either airtel mobile or landline.
Old 10th August 2011, 00:48   #41
BHPian

Samurai, do you have your local Airtel technician's number? I find that contacting him directly for smaller things can be more efficient than trying to move the mountain that is customer service.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:30   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Samurai, do you have your local Airtel technician's number? I find that contacting him directly for smaller things can be more efficient than trying to move the mountain that is customer service.
True, that is what I usually do, I have had technician showing up at my home within 10 minutes by doing this.

But, above trick didn't work this time. He no more works for Airtel. Is it because of this service outsourcing business?
Old 10th August 2011, 10:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Have they finished upgrading their software ?

My broadband bill has still not been generated for the month of July. (My bill generally gets generated on the 8th of the month)

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 10th August 2011 at 10:04.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
True, that is what I usually do, I have had technician showing up at my home within 10 minutes by doing this.
When we shifted house in Gurgaon for the first time, I went through the Call Centre. It took almost 2 weeks. The second time directly done. Took 1 day.

Quote:
But, above trick didn't work this time. He no more works for Airtel. Is it because of this service outsourcing business?
I don't know. Our technician is Gurgaon seems to be still there. Seen him a couple of days back and waved.
He may just have left for a better opportunity?
Old 10th August 2011, 10:24   #45
BHPian

@ Rohan,

My broadband bill gets generated on 27th of every month but this time the July bill has been generated on 5th Aug.
rishab.k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks