Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 17:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help with Airport Express

Apple experts, need help!

Have an airport express wifi n network connected to the broad band modem of Tata.

I'm trying to extend the range of this network by trying to use an older airport express b/g. It's not happening, there is no option in the menu of the old airport to extend the wifi network.

If I interchange the airport express' and use the b/g too connect to the internet, the n says this network cannot be extended..

What gives? Solution?
Old 5th September 2013, 17:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Need help again

I have a MTNL connection on a Dlink ADSL modem+Router 2730U. I have connected one Airport Express wirelessly and a DIR 505 to extend the range.

I have a DIR 600 router running DD-WRT lying with me - I want to connect this to the DIR505 to extend the range further.

Possible ? How ?

Help with Airport Express-img_20130905_165953.jpg

Last edited by normally_crazy : 5th September 2013 at 17:06.
Old 6th September 2013, 23:56   #18
BHPian

From your explanation it seems that you have connected DIR 505 to AE, but the diagram shows AE and DIR 505 as connected in parallel to 2730U. So not sure about your configuration. If its parallel you you can repeat the network using WDS, check explanation here.

Theoretically its also possible to daisy chain repeaters. However, its not recommended as the performance halves for every hop. If you already are using DIR 505 to extends AE's range, the configuration for adding DIR 600 to DIR 505 should be similar. However, if the two routers have different chipsets and firmware the connection could be very flaky.

Most Viewed