Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2006, 18:46   #1
VMG
BHPian

Bluetooth Headset

Pl. suggest me a base bluetooth headset whcih can be used for both O2 XDA Mini S and Sony K700i.
Thanks
Old 2nd March 2006, 07:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

U can take a jabra headset i am sure it works with k700i (dont know about o2)
I used one for 2 years(JABRA BT200),bought it for US$40. Sound is okay but dont expect to put your phone too far off from the headset,clarity is best if the phone is in your pocket
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:25   #3
BHPian

I had the Jabra BT200,but now,it's totally outdated,and discontinued since many months.
Currently,I would strongly suggest the Jabra BT250V,which comes with inbuilt vibration alert system,and should work fine with the phones you've mentioned.
Best thing I like about the BT250V is it's wear comfort.I can even keep it on when I am on my bike,and it won't fly away unlike a Nokia one which I had,which doesn't have a good ear support shape.
Buy the BT250V..good quality,cheap(I bought for Rs2500-probably prices must have decreased by now),reliable,and comfortable.

-sr
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:36   #4
BHPian

i would suggest the jabra bt800. I had bought it 2 months back for 3k. I am sure it will be less now. It has a buit in caller id, vibration and it has a lovely voice quality in terms of clarity. I use it with my nokia N90 and i simply love it.

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

xda mini S supports bluetooth A2DP.

look at the stereo bt products if you listen to music.

otherwise Jabra are pretty good and reliable.
Old 3rd March 2006, 11:44   #6
BHPian

Ok - a question,since this thread is on Bluetooth Headsets..
Is a stereo Bluetooth headset with an integrated mic available ?..which make/model??..is it available in India?
-sr
Old 3rd March 2006, 13:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Is a stereo Bluetooth headset with an integrated mic available ?..which make/model??..is it available in India?-sr
There are plenty of stereo bluetooth headsets with integrated mics available in the market today. Check Expansys for available models.

I use an iTech Blueband stereo bluetooth and it works well with my iMate JAM (with a custom Bluetooth build to support A2DP), Motorola A1000 and my Laptop. Great set of music headphones, especially if you like to listen during your workout (no wires to mess around). Works great with Skype, too.

Dont know whether this is available in India, but I'm sure you'll find a pair for sale if you look hard enough.
Old 4th March 2006, 04:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Is a stereo Bluetooth headset with an integrated mic available ?..which make/model??..is it available in India?
-sr

There are various stereo bluetooth headsets available worldwide and some are also available in INdia.

The two well known brands I know of are

motorola HT820
LOgitech
HP bluetooth headsets(only for Ipaqs but assumingly work with all bluetooth devices)
Old 6th March 2006, 17:25   #9
VMG
BHPian

I assume all bluetooth headsets can be used to listen MP3 music also.
Can anyone pl. confirm this.
I am planning to buy a Motorola H500 for Xda Mini S.
Thanks.
Old 6th March 2006, 17:42   #10
VMG
BHPian

I am cosidering Motorolo H300 also. Pl. advise.
Old 7th March 2006, 02:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG
I assume all bluetooth headsets can be used to listen MP3 music also.
Can anyone pl. confirm this.
I am planning to buy a Motorola H500 for Xda Mini S.
Thanks.
No not all bluetooth headsets can be used to listen to Mp3's. You need a stereo BT headset which use A2DP profile to connect to the phone unlike the mono single sided ones.

none of the models mentioned by you above will do mp3's for music.
Old 7th March 2006, 13:32   #12
VMG
BHPian

Thanks. Can you pl. suggest me some model numbers which can play back MP3 also.
Old 8th March 2006, 05:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Look for stereo bluetooth phones with A2DP profiles. eg motorola HT series. and motorola oakley .
Old 8th March 2006, 11:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Look for stereo bluetooth phones with A2DP profiles. eg motorola HT series. and motorola oakley .
Moto Oakley headsets currently available are not stereo. They've only just got out their Stereo sunglasses in concept (not out in market yet), and in any case these would be frightfully expensive - I paid Dhs 245 for my iTech Blueband Stereo Bluetooth headsets while the Motorola Oakley mono bluetooth sunglasses came up to Dhs 1200. They're not practical as headsets for music - would you wear sunglasses everytime you wanted to listen to music? What if you wanted to jog at night and listen t music???? YOu'll look like Stevie Wonder.

Personally I find the iTech Blueband wonderful for these purposes. It has rave reviews from a lot of users and its the only headset that seems to work with A2DP profiles on a whole range of handsets/PDA Phones too. Most others work on some Bluetooth stacks but not so well on others. The iTech headset pairs flawlessly with Broadcom, Microsoft and other proprietory Bluetooth stacks very well. Go for it.
Old 9th March 2006, 00:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Moto Oakley headsets currently available are not stereo. They've only just got out their Stereo sunglasses in concept (not out in market yet), and in any case these would be frightfully expensive - I paid Dhs 245 for my iTech Blueband Stereo Bluetooth headsets while the Motorola Oakley mono bluetooth sunglasses came up to Dhs 1200. They're not practical as headsets for music - would you wear sunglasses everytime you wanted to listen to music? What if you wanted to jog at night and listen t music???? YOu'll look like Stevie Wonder.

Personally I find the iTech Blueband wonderful for these purposes. It has rave reviews from a lot of users and its the only headset that seems to work with A2DP profiles on a whole range of handsets/PDA Phones too. Most others work on some Bluetooth stacks but not so well on others. The iTech headset pairs flawlessly with Broadcom, Microsoft and other proprietory Bluetooth stacks very well. Go for it.

The lol smiley was meant to say that I am joking about the Oakley Headset stuff.

I have used the HP stereo bluetooth on my friends pda and it worked excellent. the sound crackled if the range was more than 20feet.

otherwise I have read reviews about ht820 being good fit and good sounding headphones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks