Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2020, 21:01   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
The only minor problem with that BenQ monitor seems to be brightness, just 250 nits. 300nits or more is preferred but depends upon personal taste. If you favour less brightness, then it's a non-issue.
Thanks for the input on the size. I just checked few more brands on Amazon and most of the 27 inch ones are at 250 nits only. But the Lenovo one seems to have better Refresh Rate (URL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
I saw an article regarding a Redmi monitor this morning. It's not going to come anytime soon.
I saw this as well in the morning today but alas, its not planned to come soon. They are launching a laptop/notebook soon though...
Old 29th May 2020, 21:22   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Bumping up an old thread. I am looking to get a bigger screen that I can connect to from my laptop as I am working from home a lot during the lockdown.
In my office, I have a DELL 24 inch and 30 Inch monitor which I use along with my Laptop monitor. While on a comparative note the 30 seems better than the 24 for coding applications, I would prefer the 24 for other things like the regular web based stuff from browsing pages to tools like Jira etc as well as the other stuff like outlook. Somehow I feel 30 is too big for these things. Only when I use an IDE with smaller tabs all around the main code editor, I find the 30 to be handy. Hence, the size of your monitor depends upon what you use it for. Since my work also involves a lot of waveforms, videos and maps, I find the 30 inch convenient. Else the 24 is more than enough.

Similarly, I have a combo of 20inch and 24inch monitors at home. I wanted a bigger monitor but didnt want to throw away the existing 20 incher hence I created a dual monitor setup which I never regret. Hence, between one large monitor and two smaller ones, I would anyday swear by the latter. Here is my home setup, though not as interesting as the office setup:
Computer monitor recommendations?-img_3027.jpg

EDIT: Choose a smaller size monitor of a higher range compared to a bigger monitor that is cheaper. Both my displays are color calibrated or whatever it is called and I saw a 20 inch Dell monitor from a lower price bracket in my Aunts house and the overall display performance was below average compared to mine. The one I have is the UltraSharp series. I think the essential series are cheaper, but I didnt like them.

Last edited by audioholic : 29th May 2020 at 21:34.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 00:51   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping up an old thread. I am looking to get a bigger screen that I can connect to from my laptop as I am working from home a lot during the lockdown.

Looking at some 27 inch 1080P options like the one from BenQ: URL

Looking for Comments/Recommendations from the experts.
I have a LG 24MP88HM and its really good. Do check out their 27 inch monitors.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:43   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
While on a comparative note the 30 seems better than the 24 for coding applications, I would prefer the 24 for other things like the regular web based stuff from browsing pages to tools like Jira etc as well as the other stuff like outlook.
Is that 30 inch one a 4K Monitor or 1080P? I am hearing 1080P is insufficient for 27 inch and above sized Monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I have a LG 24MP88HM and its really good. Do check out their 27 inch monitors.
Back again with a few more question - a few of my friends advised me that 27 inch is not suitable for a Full HD resolution but more suitable for 4K. In fact, they said 22 inch is best for Office Apps.

I hear on a 27 inch with just 1080 P, reading documents based on Word etc. would show up pixelation in text. If this is true I am thinking of going for a 24 inch 1080P monitor given that 4K monitors are still expensive.

Would a 24 inch be more suitable if the requirement is more of Office Apps, Web browsing etc ? Also is there a big difference between 22 inch and 24 inch in text readability that I should further downsize to 22 inch to get better clarity for text given that resolution is 1080P?
Old 6th June 2020, 21:56   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is that 30 inch one a 4K Monitor or 1080P? Would a 24 inch be more suitable if the requirement is more of Office Apps, Web browsing etc ? Also is there a big difference between 22 inch and 24 inch in text readability that I should further downsize to 22 inch to get better clarity for text given that resolution is 1080P?
My 30 inch monitor runs 2K not full HD. So that makes the pixel density just right for my needs. 24 incher runs 1920X1200. For office apps, 24 I feel is the best. 30 will make things like outlook and office seem all over my face and I never use such applications on 30.

By the way, my laptop (Lenovo P50) has a 4k display stuffed into 15 inch form factor. This is the least usable disolay for me and even at a scaling of 200%, the display still looks bad and I cant read mails or code correctly.

Last edited by audioholic : 6th June 2020 at 21:58.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 12:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 30 inch monitor runs 2K not full HD. So that makes the pixel density just right for my needs. 24 incher runs 1920X1200. For office apps, 24 I feel is the best. 30 will make things like outlook and office seem all over my face and I never use such applications on 30.
Thanks - your response convinced me to go ahead with a 24 inch 1080P Monitor. Zeroed in on BenQ 2480T over the weekend which has height adjustment as well but it was out of stock over the weekend.

Had seen the price earlier at 12.3 K range. Today morning it re-appeared back and showed up at 10.4 K on Amazon.in [URL]. Ordered it right away and got a 1000 OFF due to the SBI Offer so got it at 9.4K. Should be delivered by Wednesday....And now the Monitor is Out of Stock again - looks like they dont stock monitors in larger quantities.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th June 2020 at 12:19.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:20   #97
BHPian

For anyone into a large format monitor, the Acer DM431K is an absolute steal. I just got this 43" 4K monitor as an upgrade from my last 32" 1440p monitor and I'm loving it.

The pixel density is perfect - 4k @ 43" is the same as 4x21.5" 1080p monitors.

Being an IPS panel, no complaints with viewing angles & colors too. The only issue is that the stand is non adjustable (not even tilt!), so you need to improvise a bit in setting it up, or get a TV stand for the 200x200mm VESA mount on the monitor.

On amazon it usually goes for 45k+, but acer India's own website lists it for 36k. Called up a local Acer dealer and got it for 35k. Insane value for the amount of real estate it offers! Makes any ultrawide looks overpriced by 3x (34" 3440x1440 for 70k? Why?).

https://store.acer.com/en-in/display...s-4k2k-monitor
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:23   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
For anyone into a large format monitor, the Acer DM431K is an absolute steal. I just got this 43" 4K monitor as an upgrade from my last 32" 1440p monitor and I'm loving it.
What is your typical use of this monitor? Is it for gaming? If not what is the distance at which you view this monitor? Do you split the window for things like browsing etc?
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:45   #99
BHPian

Quote:
What is your typical use of this monitor? Is it for gaming? If not what is the distance at which you view this monitor? Do you split the window for things like browsing etc?
I got this purely for work. VNC / Coding / Office / Browsing etc. There are better options for gaming.
I'm running this at 100% scaling at a distance of about one arm length.

Yes, splitting the desktop is really useful - I can split into 3 really tall windows side by side and not have to scroll or switch windows at all.

Check out Windows Powertoys which allows you to split up your desktop into any configuration you like (3x1 / 4x1 / 2x2 etc) and snap to those boundaries. Alternatively you could use sizer, which allows you to do the same thing and even assign shortcuts to snap the windows to those predefined positions. Armed with a macro enabled keyboard, this setup is a bliss - one key and you can move the window exactly where you want it to be without fumbling around with a mouse or Win+arrow shortcuts.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 17:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

I have just ordered a HP Elite Display 243F for around 16k from my computer supplier.

They had good reviews. The features that stand out are Pivot and Swivel and Tilt. Increase & Decrease height which is great when you want to relax and when you want to sit upright. Great for people who spend 8-10 hours which I do every alternate day and with WFH increasing it is a good investment.

Also can kick back and watch a show or news or youtube as the display is stunning. I saw it in an office and was blown over by the clarity and looks.
Old 29th June 2020, 18:46   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - your response convinced me to go ahead with a 24 inch 1080P Monitor. Zeroed in on BenQ 2480T over the weekend
I hope you got delivery and are using it on daily basis. What's your feedback of BenQ 2480T monitor? I am contemplating between BenQ 2480T and LG 24MP59G. What other monitors did you consider before short-listing 2480T?
Old 29th June 2020, 19:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I hope you got delivery and are using it on daily basis. What's your feedback of BenQ 2480T monitor? I am contemplating between BenQ 2480T and LG 24MP59G. What other monitors did you consider before short-listing 2480T?
I used it for about 9 days and here are my thoughts:

+ The Monitor was excellent in terms of quality.
+ The brightness levels were sufficient.
+ The adjustable stand is worth the extra money and helps
- The sound from speakers are not good.

I used it for 9 days and returned it back as I felt I needed a bigger screen and also saw some YouTube reviews that showed the EW2780 as the Best Value for money etc. There was nothing wrong with the Monitor except the size.

Usually only replacements are allowed on Monitors but since Amazon ran out of stock they had converted the Replacement into a Return Window and I made full use of it ...

So I have now ordered the 27 inch BenQ EW2780 and hoping I will like that - it is yet to arrive.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 19:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

Re: Computer monitor recommendations?

So, my son scratched my Samsung monitor with a safety pin and i am looking to upgrade in sometime...

Is this a good monitor?
https://www.aocindia.com/monitors/c27g1.php
Old 29th June 2020, 19:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So, my son scratched my Samsung monitor with a safety pin and i am looking to upgrade in sometime...

Is this a good monitor?
https://www.aocindia.com/monitors/c27g1.php
Ratings on Amazon seem to be good: URL

But for that price range (approx 27K), you may want to consider a 2K or a 4K monitor.
Old 29th June 2020, 21:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

I have LG 29" Ultrawide (21:9) - https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/lg-29UM69G. I have been using it for 2 years & highly recommended it. 29" just ideal, adequate size. Ultrawide comes in 21"/25" but that would be small in landscape position. 34" would look great I believe.

LG provides software to split the screen and that suffices for viewing 2 windows at a time. A very good alternative to dual monitors setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks