Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 10:13   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mobile operators in India | Plans, pricing & services

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabbhagabati View Post
Meanwhile, I am getting SMS from Airtel, saying that there is a due amount of 346 rupees with your previous provider, and if not paid services will be stopped on 1st Feb.

This number is my primary number everywhere - banks, other connections, office etc etc., losing service on this number will be a nightmare
Then you have no immediate recourse but to pay up.

Quote:
After numerous interactions with VI customer care and their appelate authority, they are refusing to rescind that bill.

But now I have had it. I want to challenge this bill legally if possible (in consumer court or whatever is applicable). I have the receipt for the bill I paid in December and all the relevant bills from Vi and Airtel
You have to go through the process - call centre, nodal officer, appellate authority. At each contact point make sure you get a tracking ID / docket number. And keep all receipts and paperwork / emailwork intact. After you have exhausted all this you can reach out to consumer court. Based on what you say, it sounds like you have a strong case.

I have found from experience that switching / porting mobile providers is easiest when one is dealing with prepaid numbers. So the sequence I follow is: postpaid to prepaid at old provider > port request initiated and completed > prepaid to postpaid at new provider.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 17:57   #257
BHPian

Though this thread is about Indian mobile operators, is there any international travel SIM cards that will work in India for a person travelling from Europe to India for couple of weeks? I checked Matrix but it seems not available to use in India.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 17:26   #258
BHPian

Quote:

Looking for some guidance here, what are my options?
Pay it first and then challenge it. Since this is your primary number, the grief from a disconnected number is immense. You can always seek legal/quasi legal recourses after payment.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks