Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 14:41   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Mobile operators in India | Plans, pricing & services

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Tanveer,
Reliance is the first player to take the next step I believe. Unless they release your number, I don't believe Idea service comes into play. What is the reason they (Reliance & Idea) are quoting? Most operators have a team (within the customer care team) who deals with the MNP requests.
I gave porting code to IDEA. After 10 days when I contacted them, they said my file has just come in and they will now forwards request to reliance. So reliance is not in the picture yet.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Just a quick question (I am in exactly the same shoes as you, but I have opted for a non-3G tablet - hence the question): can't you use tethering on one of your two phones to have Internet on your tablet for the rare occasion you need it?
My existing 2 phones are very basic ones (one used by me and another by wifey only for voice calls). We never use 3G data on our mobile phones.

I was also initially planning to buy the wifi only version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab2. But because of the recent price drop, I have decided to go for the wifi+3G variant, since the price difference is not that much.

Tethering is always one option, but I would prefer to buy a dedicated pre paid SIM for the tablet, only for 3G data.

Please suggest some good operator and pre paid 3G plan for me.

Rohan
Old 7th March 2013, 16:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Tethering is always one option, but I would prefer to buy a dedicated pre paid SIM for the tablet, only for 3G data.

Please suggest some good operator and pre paid 3G plan for me.

Rohan
I am using Tata Docomo for 3G (Tethering).

Rs. 250 recharge (Prepaid), we get 1 gb 3G data valid for one month along with Rs. 225 (IIRC). Post 1GB, unlimited data at 2G speed.

3G Data speed is quite comfortable.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
.... Reaching TD's customer service rep was another daunting task. The IVR almost never lets you. You're likely to give up before you exhaust all options before reaching one. I finally got the 3G settings activated by contacting TD CS rep over live chat......
Calling TD CS is a tedious task. Another strange thing I noted is, an ALL OUR EXECUTIVES ARE BUSY message gets while making a second call on same day whereas call from another TD connection gets connected

Here is a snapshot while I was put on hold to speak to a supervisor. Finally I dropped :(
Attached Thumbnails
Mobile operators in India | Plans, pricing & services-docomo-cust-care.png  

Old 12th March 2013, 17:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Calling TD CS is a tedious task. Another strange thing I noted is, an ALL OUR EXECUTIVES ARE BUSY message gets while making a second call on same day whereas call from another TD connection gets connected

Here is a snapshot while I was put on hold to speak to a supervisor. Finally I dropped :(
Wow. You surely have exhibited great patience with them on that call. Unfortunately, they failed you after over an hour of wait. I suppose that TD surely will qualify as one of the poor customer support provider in the telecom industry [a close buddy of mine in Chennai had major problems with them not acting on any issues, and a single tweet to Ratan Tata on twitter, got the whole company on their toes. Conveys a lot about their attitude].

Last edited by k_ajay : 12th March 2013 at 17:13. Reason: Grammatical corrections
Old 17th July 2013, 14:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I gave porting code to IDEA. After 10 days when I contacted them, they said my file has just come in and they will now forwards request to reliance. So reliance is not in the picture yet.
Did you give in your porting request in middle of the billing cycle ?

I want to port from Airtel to Tata DoCoMo so went to Tata DoCoMo shop the executive there told me to give porting reqest on the day of billing cycle with receipt from Airtel showing bill is cleared

Check this TRAI guideline

http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData...omer_Guide.pdf

Customer acquisition cost is high and no operator wants to loose customer
they just try to find maximum ways to reject port request. Receiving operator ( your existing operator) generally use the bill paid clause to reject the porting request in middle of cycle , so usually the new operator holds the request till the billing cycle such that there is no reason to reject.
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I am using Tata Docomo for 3G (Tethering).

Rs. 250 recharge (Prepaid), we get 1 gb 3G data valid for one month along with Rs. 225 (IIRC). Post 1GB, unlimited data at 2G speed.

3G Data speed is quite comfortable.
I'm considering switching from Vodafone to TD. Not just for 3g, but for their friendly call rates as well.

How has your experience been ? Calls and data in particular.
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h

I'm considering switching from Vodafone to TD. Not just for 3g, but for their friendly call rates as well.

How has your experience been ? Calls and data in particular.
My call rate is 1ps/2sec. We get 1gb 3g data and Rs. 22x talk time on Rs. 250 recharge but a lot to compromise on data connectivity. Presently I use Bsnl for data which is far reliable IMO.
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
My call rate is 1ps/2sec. We get 1gb 3g data and Rs. 22x talk time on Rs. 250 recharge but a lot to compromise on data connectivity. Presently I use Bsnl for data which is far reliable IMO.
Vodafone is no match to TD's call and data rates; but not having data at times is worrisome. Vodafone's 2g coverage is quite good and almost never disconnects. I'll wait for TD to catch up.

Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2013, 00:16   #70
BHPian

For people who need 3g in Karnataka, look at BSNL's annual 3g data plans. 750mb/month is given at Rs 1251/year. 2.5gb/month is given at Rs 3299/year. If you have a dual sim phone, you can take advantage of good call rates / plans from other operators & use BSNL for your data usage.

PS: I am planning to port my Tata Docomo number (nothing great about them - lower rates, network quality is at par with their prices; Vodafone is much better in my experience for voice connectivity) to BSNL to avail this plan on my new Lenovo P780 :P
Old 6th October 2013, 09:32   #71
BHPian

Vodafone - Karnataka has hiked their 2g data rates.

Plan 1: Rs. 125 for 25 days - ~ Rs. 5 per day
Plan 2: Rs. 155 for 30 days - ~ Rs. 5.17 per day
Old 6th October 2013, 10:32   #72
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea on the 3G rates in Mumbai of Vodafone? I recently got a Reilance post paid connection. There was a Rs 321 special plan - 500 minutes/500 SMS's and 1GB of 3G data. The other next option I was considering was Vodafone but just got the Reliance one as its network is quite good in my area.
Old 7th October 2013, 00:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Vodafone - Karnataka has hiked their 2g data rates.

Plan 1: Rs. 125 for 25 days - ~ Rs. 5 per day
Plan 2: Rs. 155 for 30 days - ~ Rs. 5.17 per day
Is it applicable to existing postpaid subscribers? I am using a postpaid vodafone for 5 years. Did not receive any notification for this price hike.
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:34   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Does any operator present in KA (Bangalore) region support IPV6 ?
Old 30th June 2014, 14:14   #75
BHPian

Anyone using reliance one india one rate plan?

I spend a lot of time on roaming (and atleast 40 mins calls everyday) so looking for suggestions for a postpaid plan. Circle shall be delhi

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 30th June 2014 at 14:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks