Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2004, 13:15   #16
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]It would be great if he could click some Zondas and Lambos with it before coming
Hey Dippy, not sandeep. He's gonna come only after 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]V12, am looking out myself. How many megapixels are you going for? What brand?
I havent decided as yet GTO. Definitely a 3.2MP. Most probably a Canon.
Old 15th April 2004, 01:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ April 14 2004,10:07)]Thats bcos if i take the rolls, that means he will be compensating me for the lost pics. And he will not try to search [i doubt he is] for the lost pics cos he has already compensated for it.
Hey V12,

well this is what u said last time as well..... honestly i doubt he is even bothering to search for it anymore.... either ways just take the 2 free rolls and if he find the pics then keep them as compensation for delay ;-]

Digicam buyers -
Id say Canon and Sony (and olympus) are the best digicam manufacturers.
I have a Canon A70 3.2MP (so does dippy)... its a great cam and lots of manual functions. The new 4.0MP A80 has come out.....thats awesome as well. Sony has some great cameras as well...(but nothing affordable with the full manual options as i know of).
Both makers offer leading picture quality and have well designed products. Please dont buy some konika digicam or something coz u will get what u payed for! ;-]

If u have a final 2 and want some feedback lemme know what they are and id be glad to help.

Cya
Rehaan.
Old 15th April 2004, 12:31   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey rehaan,
Whats the diff between a Digital Cam and a Digital Still Cam??
How good [or bad] is this cam ??

Sony DSCF505 Digital Still Camera

2.1 Mega Pixel Resolution of up to 1,600 x 1,200 pixels 5x optical and 10x digital zoom 0.5-inch Super HAD CCD 2-inch hybrid LCD with brightness control Expandable Memory Stick storage (16 MB included)

P.S. : Lets see i'm moslty plannin to buy the Canon A70.
Old 15th April 2004, 12:47   #19
Team-BHP Support

V12,

the DSCF505 is a $1000 camera!.....i think you have got it confused with other similar looking sonys?

My friend has a 5MP version of this style of sony...superb camera... great lens and awesome picture quality. Only 2 bad things are that it uses memory sticks (less choice when buying memory) and it doesnt have as many manual options as the canon. Also im not sure but i don know if the video resolution is comparable to the canons 640x480 (30secs at a time) whereas i think the sony goes till you run out of memory.

cya
R
Old 15th April 2004, 13:03   #20

I have a sony and my sis has a canon with higher pixels, and we've realized that the color and the result after getting them prinited are way more superior of the Sony. *I bought mine from Japan and they had shown me the difference in the printed results of the two brands, and thats how they recommended the Sony to me. *And, I had actually told my bro in law to get the sony, but for some reason they got the canon and now he is kinda regretting bcoz of the same reason I mentioned. *If anyone were to ask me which brand to get, I would definitely suggest Sony, as I have seen it with my other friends too, that Sony is a better camera in terms of the results....The pictures turn out way more brighter with the sony!

Rehaan, what kinda manual options are you talking about? *Bcoz, the sony does have a few options, dont know if its what you're talking about though....

kimibabe
Old 15th April 2004, 16:53   #21
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,
i found this site which has reviews on most of the digital cameras. It also has a min of 10 pics taken from each digicam to give u an idea of the quality.

Heres the link : Digital Photography Review
Old 15th April 2004, 22:21   #22
BHPian

Also refer to imaging-resource.com, dcresource.com, pcworld.com for good reviews on digital cameras. Plenty of sample photos for you to decide which one to buy.

The A70 has been upgraded to A80(4MP); but for a few bucks more, you could get a Canon S50. I own this currently, and the pics are amazing and colors vivid, except for very very rare instances of purple fringing.
You could get this camera for as low as $375. Plenty of manual settings gives you total control over the pics you take. On the more expensive side the Nikon 5700 and Canon G5 produce superior pics.

--V
Old 17th April 2004, 09:59   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (kimibabe @ April 15 2004,11:33)]Rehaan, what kinda manual options are you talking about? *Bcoz, the sony does have a few options, dont know if its what you're talking about though....
Hey Kimi,

The canon definitely has more manual functions than the sonys of the same level. Stuff like shutter priority, aperture priority, full manual aperture&shutter, manual focus, calibrateable white balance etc. Sonys probably do have some of those functions but not all.

Also the reason u prefer sony picture quality is because sonys tend to make the colours more vivid. Canon has as feature on the camera which makes the colours more vivid (but it is an exageration of the colours and hence not switched on by default.)
I do agree that sony has spectacular picture quality though!

V12 & powerslave - holy shoot!!!!! u guys took those URLS straight out of my digicam favourite pages!!! (except i have not used pcworld.com much)

v12 - did u do anymore research on the 1000$ camera??

ok, and the Canon A80 - i just played with it again today so i refreshed my memory as to what the good/bad things abt it are (as compared to my A70)
+4mp as opposed to A70=3.2MP
+swivel/moveable lcd screen
+image auto-rotate
-no 640x480 movie mode
-lcd screen appears smaller
-CF card cover is loose and moves around while holding the camera coz ur palm preses against it.

WHOA...hold up!!

holy moly.....i just realised canon has just launched an A75 !!
Ive not read about it much but here are some points in comparison to the A70 (same resolution of 3.2MP)
+larger higher res LCD
+larger CCD (though same res)
+image auto rotate
+new scene modes (snow, beach, foliage, fireworks etC)
+image histogram

I better stop before this becomes a digicam shop!!
As i have said before if anyone comes down to 2 cameras to choose between and wants some advice from me i will be more than happy to help.

cya
Rehaan

Old 17th April 2004, 12:07   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]v12 - did u do anymore research on the 1000$ camera??
Rehaan, Do u want me to be kicked out of my house?
Old 17th April 2004, 12:09   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

BTW any prices of the A75 and A80
Old 17th April 2004, 12:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

I guess the title of this topic should be changed to " Which Digicam should I buy?"
Old 18th April 2004, 16:04   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ April 17 2004,10:37)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]v12 - did u do anymore research on the 1000$ camera??
Rehaan, Do u want me to be kicked out of my house?
Hahahaha..dude.....i meant did u find out if the sony whos pic u posted earlier is the price u though it was ~$300 or $1000 as i found it to be online.....

R

ps - A70 A75 are about $300 or less. A80..not sure maybe $400.
Old 18th April 2004, 23:13   #28
BANNED

dude all u need is a dscp8 my freind has a....more like had one... it got dropped at a party....on its way to being good as new. i think it does the trick...and has good quality too..all u need is a 128 mb memory stick...
Old 22nd April 2004, 14:29   #29
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,
I got my pics back. Sorry am in a hurry. will tell u guys ab t later.
Old 22nd April 2004, 15:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

I'm happy....my energy and time are finally not wasted.....here is the SL 500 pic

There was a problem with the pic, will post it in sometime

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks