Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 22:07   #31
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys I did every thing said here the game runs in quickraces,but in career mode when i start to load a race,or the free roam facility, it just crashes ,I think I need to be happy playing quick races!Or start earning some money to get a better computer!

Thank You every one for helping me!
Old 13th March 2006, 22:18   #32
BHPian

Relax Dude......
changing computer is not the solution,you have a decent config.

Do you have Windows XP Service pack 2 installed ? if not get it installed from your vendor, you can check the same by doing the 1st step as mentioned earlier. Check that out & confirm.
Old 13th March 2006, 22:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just some quick qsns:

1: Have you ever played around with your BIOS settings?
2. Have you made any major changes in control panel?
3. Have you played any other game on this system? how did they play? did you make any changes to adjust to those games?
4. Have you checked your graphics settings like refresh rates and stuff?

there is no reason why it shouldnt work?

by crash do you mean it just freezes? Try to wait for around 5-10 mins once. Maybe the game is loading. It takes time sometimes to load when doing it the first time.

also try to install and play the game on a friends computer. see what's happening. It is also possible that the cd maybe corrupt as in not all the files may have been copied on the pc.

Try out the above and answer the questions. Maybe we can be more helpful to you.
Old 13th March 2006, 23:11   #34
BHPian

does it work on some other persons comp??
Old 14th March 2006, 00:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

You said earleir that your RAM is 504 MB, this means your RAM has some problem because the game should work fine with 512 MB RAM.
Old 14th March 2006, 06:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

IN the system properties RAM never appears to be the same as what you have. (my desktop has 2GB and it shows only 1.99GB)
Anyway that is the case with desktops dont know about laptops.

The game worked perfectly in my friend's basic laptop

Intel celeron 1.2GHz
512Mb ram
40GB hdd
No graphics card

Might be a problem with your CD (That is why you should not put extra money on original...Fake ones are of a higher quality....LOL!!!!)

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 14th March 2006 at 06:47.
Old 14th March 2006, 07:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
IN the system properties RAM never appears to be the same as what you have. (my desktop has 2GB and it shows only 1.99GB)
Anyway that is the case with desktops dont know about laptops.

The game worked perfectly in my friend's basic laptop

Intel celeron 1.2GHz
512Mb ram
40GB hdd
No graphics card

Might be a problem with your CD (That is why you should not put extra money on original...Fake ones are of a higher quality....LOL!!!!)
if you have not mismatched the memory modules then the memory should show 2048mb RAM. one reason to show 1.99gb would be the dedicated graphics built on your chipset that is shared with your ram.
Old 14th March 2006, 10:21   #38
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Just some quick qsns:

1: Have you ever played around with your BIOS settings?
2. Have you made any major changes in control panel?
3. Have you played any other game on this system? how did they play? did you make any changes to adjust to those games?
4. Have you checked your graphics settings like refresh rates and stuff?

there is no reason why it shouldnt work?

by crash do you mean it just freezes? Try to wait for around 5-10 mins once. Maybe the game is loading. It takes time sometimes to load when doing it the first time.

also try to install and play the game on a friends computer. see what's happening. It is also possible that the cd maybe corrupt as in not all the files may have been copied on the pc.

Try out the above and answer the questions. Maybe we can be more helpful to you.
I dont know if I have made changes to any settings,the chances are the settings may be stock.
I played SanAdreas,Underground2,they all worked fine.
By crash I mean when I click on race / leave safe house button a loading screen appears,then suddenly it switches to background screen and then nfs MW disappers from the taskbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Relax Dude......
changing computer is not the solution,you have a decent config.

Do you have Windows XP Service pack 2 installed ? if not get it installed from your vendor, you can check the same by doing the 1st step as mentioned earlier. Check that out & confirm.
Yes I do have it installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbar
does it work on some other persons comp??
Never tried it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
I tried the game with a fake one, but had the same problem so I switched to an original one
Old 6th August 2009, 16:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Have a wierd problem and i am unable to figure out what is wrong.

My DVD Writer (Sony dual layer) used to "Autorun" whenever a cd used to be inserted.

There is only one drive for the cd's, dvd's etc. This drive is used to read and also to wirte cd's etc.

This was working fine (did burn a couple of data dvd's too) and since yesterday, the damn thing refuses to work.

When i insert a cd, i can hear it spinning in the drive, the light on the drive flashes, but my computer hangs.

Earlier i used to get a promt as to what to do when the cd was inserted (like open folder to view files, play using windows media player etc).

Now nothing happens. I right clicked on the dvd drive and on auto play options in properties, i confirmed that i should be prompted. No joy !!!!! My comp just hangs and i have to restart it to work. The dvd drive is driving me nuts.

please help.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:09   #40
BANNED

Right click on the drive icon and eject. Check if it works. No disk required inside the drive.

Reinstall drivers and check with a disk again.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Aditya, by any chance did you play Audio CD by Sony/ BMG Music on this PC recently?
Old 6th August 2009, 20:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

go to device manager and uninstall and reinstall the harware. Also check if the drivers are running fine. Try again and report here.
Old 6th August 2009, 20:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Right click on the drive icon and eject. Check if it works. No disk required inside the drive.

Reinstall drivers and check with a disk again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
go to device manager and uninstall and reinstall the harware. Also check if the drivers are running fine. Try again and report here.
Dont I need the drivers cd for this? The OS is not the original copy as the system was assembled and sold by the dealer. So i dont have the drivers cds or the OS cd for troubleshoot and repair .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Aditya, by any chance did you play Audio CD by Sony/ BMG Music on this PC recently?
Nope.

One thing to mention, dunno if its relevant.

I burnt a few dvd's on Monday night. That was the last day for the free trial of the AntiVirus.

Did not try playing any cd's on Tuesday.

Yesterday (wednesday), i noticed the AV didnt startup on boot. It's free period had expired. Thats when the cd drive stopped working. I mean it works : cd spins, light on drive flashes, but nothing happens. No auto run. Checked if this was enabled on drive proprties and its fine. Problem is when i click on the drive letter for dvd rom, the comp hangs.

Sounds crazy. But my call of duty games were being quarantined by QuickHeal and had to disable the AV while playing.

Does the AV have anything to do with the DVD ROM? I dont see any logical connection but thinking out of the box for now.

Anyway the systems guy is coming tomorrow to check and hopefully it'll be resolved. Will post the developments.

And... thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate all the help.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th August 2009 at 20:44.
Old 6th August 2009, 21:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Okay I have a weird problem. Problems actually

1: Cant see hidden files - No matter how many times I've change the settings and RegEdit. It still doesnt show them.

2: Left Click - When I left click on the drives, it comes up with a "Open With" window. Tried formatting the drives, reinstalling windows, regedit and everything else. Tried scanning with 3 diff AVs.

Any suggestions or anyone else encountered similar problems ?

I guess its about time I move to a Mac
Old 6th August 2009, 21:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yesterday (wednesday), i noticed the AV didnt startup on boot. It's free period had expired. Thats when the cd drive stopped working. I mean it works : cd spins, light on drive flashes, but nothing happens. No auto run. Checked if this was enabled on drive proprties and its fine. Problem is when i click on the drive letter for dvd rom, the comp hangs.

Sounds crazy. But my call of duty games were being quarantined by QuickHeal and had to disable the AV while playing.
Ah! are these games pirated? Lots of tools that are used to defeat copy protection are the ones that are used to patch programs by viruses.

If that is the case then tug-of-war between AV and patches can wreck havoc on Windows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks