Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post

- Xbox One X
- Mi 4 55" 4K TV
- Blaupunkt SBW-01 sound bar
- Thrustmaster TMX wheel with force feedback
- Jio 100mbps Fibre net

Anyone on Xbox add me to the friends list, my id is amrutmhatre90
Love your wheel set up. Can you post more pics of it and how did you go about getting/assembling it? I plan to pick up a Xbox One X mainly for Forza Horizon and Motorsport.

Cheers
Old 16th January 2019, 03:42   #752
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Currently this is my Xbox rig

- Xbox One X
- Mi 4 55" 4K TV
- Blaupunkt SBW-01 sound bar
- Thrustmaster TMX wheel with force feedback
- Jio 100mbps Fibre net
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Love your wheel set up. Can you post more pics of it and how did you go about getting/assembling it? I plan to pick up a Xbox One X mainly for Forza Horizon and Motorsport.

Cheers
While we're on the topic of racing games with steering wheels, check out what this guy did

Cheers
Old 16th January 2019, 18:42   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Cheers
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20190116-6.11.13-pm.jpeg

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20190116-6.11.51-pm.jpeg

So you just get the steering wheel and accelerator/brake combo. The stand was a DIY by me. Built for just 400-600 bucks. Xbox One X is more than just Forza, and if you have a 4K TV you will notice the raw power of the console. But ya the Forza Motorsport 7 just rocks on this, Horizon feels a bit arcadish so i stick to controllers for this.

Did a full nurburgring race which had 11-12 laps, 1 lap was around 7-8 mins. Took 1 hour and more to complete it. But it was worth it, i am master of the nurburgring now but on console. The Forza Motorsport series is used by the racing teams to train their drivers so the feel of using forcefeedback steering is nearly close to real if you tweak it properly. It has many different settings, you can get them on youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
While we're on the topic of racing games with steering wheels, check out what this guy did

Cheers
Had seen this long back, I am too poor to try all this

Last edited by Eddy : 25th January 2019 at 15:36. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability
Old 18th January 2019, 16:02   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So you just get the steering wheel and accelerator/brake combo. The stand was a DIY by me. Built for just 400-600 bucks. Xbox One X is more than just Forza, and if you have a 4K TV you will notice the raw power of the console. But ya the Forza Motorsport 7 just rocks on this, Horizon feels a bit arcadish so i stick to controllers for this.

Did a full nurburgring race which had 11-12 laps, 1 lap was around 7-8 mins. Took 1 hour and more to complete it.
Thanks mate! Is the rig collapsible? As in can you fold it and keep it away when not in use? I will surely get the console and the steering shortly, will get in touch then.

Regards
Old 18th January 2019, 16:39   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate! Is the rig collapsible? As in can you fold it and keep it away when not in use? I will surely get the console and the steering shortly, will get in touch then.

Regards
Yup it is, not really collapsible but detachable. If you have a 4K TV then get a Xbox one X or you will miss out on the 4K experience.
Old 18th January 2019, 17:05   #756
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Storage - Patriot SCORCH M.2 2280 128GB PCIe 3.0 x2 with NVMe
Nice config but are you really gonna manage with 128GB storage? With the size of the games nowadays if you just install windows, even 1 modern game may not fit. I went with an ADATA sx8200 256GB recently and the 256 was a mistake case I have just installed 3 games and the drive is 80% full. Also next time buy 4 lane nvme, it's much faster and hardly any price difference.
Old 18th January 2019, 20:10   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Nice config but are you really gonna manage with 128GB storage? With the size of the games nowadays if you just install windows, even 1 modern game may not fit. I went with an ADATA sx8200 256GB recently and the 256 was a mistake case I have just installed 3 games and the drive is 80% full. Also next time buy 4 lane nvme, it's much faster and hardly any price difference.
The NVME is just for Windows. I have a separate 500GB SSD for games and 4 TB mechanical drive for my songs and photos. I am looking for a good deal on 1 TB SSD for more storage. Thanks for the tip on the 4 lane NVME - will keep an eye out.

Btw guys, I am seeing my GPU going to 75~80 when gaming. Its the 1070 Ti. Is that normal? I'm using 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust.
Old 25th January 2019, 00:37   #758
BHPian

Quote:

Btw guys, I am seeing my GPU going to 75~80 when gaming. Its the 1070 Ti. Is that normal? I'm using 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust.

Quite normal. My GTX1070 runs at 80-85 degrees !
Old 25th January 2019, 03:16   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Quite normal. My GTX1070 runs at 80-85 degrees !
Ok, so it is quite normal then. Thanks for the replies.
Old 25th January 2019, 15:35   #760
BHPian

Marvel Spider-Man on PS4 is amongst the most fun games I have played recently. The game structure is typical open world (think FC or AC series), but this game nails the feel of playing Spider-Man like no other. The swing and launch mechanisms are pure joy, with simple intuitive controls. You really feel like the webbed crusader when playing. This is one game where the fast travel system will be redundant for many players because the traversal mechanism is such fun. The game also has a satisfying combat element inspired from the Rockateady Batman games.

The plot is typical comic book convoluted, but does have its moments, and sets up quite a few exhilarating action set pieces. While some players might feel that the open world is bloated, to completionists like me, it is heaven.

Not to be missed.

Last edited by Pequod : 25th January 2019 at 15:38.
Old 25th January 2019, 22:22   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Marvel Spider-Man on PS4 is amongst the most fun games I have played recently. The game structure is typical open world (think FC or AC series), but this game nails the feel of playing Spider-Man like no other. The swing and launch mechanisms are pure joy, with simple intuitive controls. You really feel like the webbed crusader when playing. This is one game where the fast travel system will be redundant for many players because the traversal mechanism is such fun. The game also has a satisfying combat element inspired from the Rockateady Batman games.

The plot is typical comic book convoluted, but does have its moments, and sets up quite a few exhilarating action set pieces. While some players might feel that the open world is bloated, to completionists like me, it is heaven.

Not to be missed.
Yeah I have been reading and seeing great reviews of this game! I am waiting for the price to come down a bit and will buy it used. Thanks for another review that pushes me to get this game.

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Very nice game. It was nice to finally be able to play a recent game in ULTRA settings! Also, I was on 92% completion. Few more to finish and I can finish the game completely.
Old 25th January 2019, 22:32   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Ah! Started Shadow but couldn’t bring myself to complete it, and sold the game! Found it to be too much of a rehash of the 2013 and 2016 iterations and got bored around the Paititi stage.
Old 10th February 2019, 19:48   #763
BHPian

I have setup a racing-rig in my home.
Playing 'Gran Turismo Sport'.
Got gold on all the driving-school challenges!

Have not tried online racing yet.

Attached Thumbnails
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-dsc_9810.jpg  

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-dsc_9806.jpg  

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-dsc_9812.jpg  

Old 15th August 2019, 15:09   #764
BHPian

Looks good.

Old 27th August 2019, 10:18   #765
BHPian

Has anyone played Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt ?
I love RPGs and this is simply one of the best. It lives up to all the hype !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks