Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2019, 21:16   #781
Team-BHP Support

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Also, has anyone heard of Dark Souls series ? This is brutally difficult. I did progress well in the first game - finally had to give up as it demands lot of dedication and time !
Completed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (on the PC). Shoot your queries!

Here's my finishing post about Dark Souls from the other forum (Techenclave) back in Nov. 2012:

Quote:
Beaten the game a while back and I feel on top of the world right now. With so many unwarranted deaths, epic boss battles with brutally mind numbing music, traversing some of the most relentlessly hostile levels, touching that bonfire to get a sense of relief (only to die a few yards later!), it has been an absolutely terrific ride. Just like Demon's Souls was few months back when Allwyn insisted me to grab the title from Flipkart. But somehow this title feels a lot more rewarding than Demon's Souls or may be it's just my perception.

I think I have reiterated this a dozen times already but I will say it again, both the Souls titles out there aren't exactly hard but challenging. Unlike the newer crop of titles which let you save at any point during the game with added quick saves and regenerating health, this game has stuck to its old roots. Not to mention portraying combat in the most realistic way I have ever seen in any game till date. Equip your character with a heavy armor, the defense improves but stamina and movement takes a hit. Equip them lightly and they can roll like a tumbleweed but would take a huge hit with every attack. There is no ambient music during the gameplay except during boss battles. And music that can be soothing at times or terrifying. So much so that I used to feel my heart beating at a much faster pace!

The boss battles in the game deserve a special mention. Every other game nowadays have plenty of those. Be it an arcade racing title, you have to beat the car to own it. Be it a 2D side-scroller, you have a bunch of them with health bars. I must admit however, there were at least 26 boss battles that I had to contend with but each of them were very different from one another. In the sense that, the scale was different - at one point of time, you have to face a towering giant wielding an axe on top of a narrow walkway who would knock you off the ledge or a couple of sentinel'ish enemies inside a huge chapel-like arena with one of them absorbing the soul of the other when it dies and further empowers itself to become a mightier variant or four different spirits twice the size of your character within a dark abyss with no visible footing and the spirits keep spawning based on a timer or kill a hybrid of a human female and a big arse spider that spews lava at you or a huge wolf wielding a sword in its mouth protecting the tomb of its dead master! None of them felt repetitive sans the variants of the Asylum Demon but it wasn't a big deal TBH.

Initially, the game feels a lot hard and by hard I mean, excruciatingly hard. You have a bunch of panzy equipment to start of with, no souls to level up your stats or do any upgrade to the armor or equipment, no NPCs around to interact with and so forth. And a whole lot of lore and other things within the game are left best to the exploration of the user. As a result, it pays to do a bit of homework initially - browse through a few starting guides and videos on YouTube to get acquainted with the gameplay mechanics of the title. Unlike other RPGs out there, this one has a completely different play style and it might be a good idea to get the hang of it before you die a gazillion deaths. A simple Google search will throw you ample guides for reference. Having a lot of patience in the game really helps - you will die, that's a given. And at times lose several thousand souls and a bunch of humanities that were accumulated. But fret not! Pay attention to what went wrong when you died and you can avoid it the next time. Once you die, the bloodstain remains intact on the location a few seconds before you died so be extremely careful if you intend to touch the stain and do not impatiently hurry towards the spot. The stain will be there waiting for you. Die again and you will lose it. Which will be at times very very demoralising. Been there and done that!

The only gripe that I had at times were that some of the crucial things were not explained properly to the player. For instance, I was hooked to the NPC Solaire of Astora and Seigmeyer of Catarina right from the start I met them. But their paths had absolutely no mention anywhere within the game and I had to refer a guide to figure out where these guys were headed to after a particular interaction. Fortunately, I met both and saved both their lives. Long live Sunbro!

Towards the end of the game, as my good friend Allwyn has already put it, it got a lot more easier with the upgraded equipment - Black Knight Halberd +5 to be specific. This halberd was chopping through enemies like a hot knife through butter! Things became simpler and bosses mere wussies! Of course there were some who still gave me a good run however. Black Dragon Kalameet for instance. It must have taken me at least 6 to 7 tries to beat this hellish creature who had some unpredictable and intimidating moves! The final boss however (surprisingly considering False King Allant in Demon's Souls owned me!) was extremely simple and it took me just 5 critical hits and 2 estus flasks before I laid him to rest permanently. The screenshots below should be self explanatory I suppose:

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-4dixi.jpg

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-9koga.jpg

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-inia4.jpg

Props to the devs. at From Software for a brilliant game and to Namco Bandai for listening to the fans publishing the port to the PC. And to Durante at NeoGAF for bringing out an instant fix to an otherwise flawed port. Had it not been for him, I wouldn't have even bothered to play it on the PC. And finally, Allwyn who insisted me to grab the title after the Dishonored playthrough, instilled courage in me from time to time, for all the help that you have lent me - I owe you one Allwyn!

Here is hoping that the devs. bring about more Souls titles in the future.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th August 2019 at 21:29.
Old 28th August 2019, 21:18   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
It is a really good game, currently there are talks of a show or movie on Wichter, guess who is playing the lead role, Henry Cavill a.k.a the latest Superman.
Yes, the series will be aired on Netflix. I believe there are 8 episodes. The trailer is already out
Old 28th August 2019, 22:56   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
It's an awesome game, but I keep wanting to pay Gwent and keep losing as I have no idea what happens in it. But it's a quest and the completionist in me won't move on till I have won one round of the mini game.

Cheers,
R_S
CD Projekt RED has launched Gwent as a separate game, which can be downloaded for free on PC, Xbox One or PS4. I avoided playing Gwent during my first run through of the game, but I intend to play the whole game again and this time try to get a different ending.
Old 1st September 2019, 15:53   #784
Senior - BHPian

Just picked up an Xbox One X two weeks ago.

Anyone playing Forza Horizon 4?

Haven't figured out the online multiplayer yet, however created a team by the name, "Team Bhp"
Old 1st September 2019, 19:44   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Just picked up an Xbox One X two weeks ago.

Anyone playing Forza Horizon 4?

Haven't figured out the online multiplayer yet, however created a team by the name, "Team Bhp"

Yup, I am a huge fan of the forza series, Horizon is a bit arcadish and Motorsport is proper track fun. You will enjoy the graphics and gameplay on a 4K TV with HDR.

As far as the online multiplayer mode, you need to have a Xbox Live subscription. Not only for Forza but any multiplayer game will need this.

Add me my gamer id is same amrutmhatre90
Old 2nd September 2019, 15:18   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Yup, I am a huge fan of the forza series, Horizon is a bit arcadish and Motorsport is proper track fun. You will enjoy the graphics and gameplay on a 4K TV with HDR.

As far as the online multiplayer mode, you need to have a Xbox Live subscription. Not only for Forza but any multiplayer game will need this.

Add me my gamer id is same amrutmhatre90
Already on 4K HDR 65" Sony, and loving it.
I find open world racing more interesting since I love to explore.
I got a month's subscription free with Xbox which expired last week.
Will renew it and add you
Old 5th September 2019, 16:23   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
However, the loading time is too much on xbox one s,

I also tried Diablo III on xbox one, in fond memory of Diablo II on PC a decade ago.
I play Witcher 3 on the Xbox One. The load times are not that bad.
Both Diablo I & II were excellent. In-fact, these are the first RPGs that I played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Completed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (on the PC). Shoot your queries!

Here's my finishing post about Dark Souls from the other forum (Techenclave) back in Nov. 2012:
You are simply awesome ! Ornstein and Smough in Anor Londo stopped my progress

I plan to get Dark Souls 3 for the Christmas vacation. Did you get a chance to play this ?
Old 6th September 2019, 19:50   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both Diablo I & II were excellent. In-fact, these are the first RPGs that I played
I love Diablo. I still play it sometimes when I can - I have the save games from like ~17 years ago? Have broken many mouses, mice, mices, mouse playing Diablo.
Old 6th September 2019, 22:22   #789
BHPian

Quote:
I play Witcher 3 on the Xbox One. The load times are not that bad.
I play it on the Xbox One X and the load times are indeed pretty annoying. I'm guessing the game is not optimized for the X, since the game was released earlier. This is especially bad when you are facing off against a strong enemy and keep dying a lot of times. I usually click on resume and then go to the kitchen to fetch a snack .
Old 25th September 2019, 07:25   #790
BHPian

Some great news dropped today.

The Last Of Us Part 2 is coming to PS4 0n 21st February 2020.

Quote:
During today's PlayStation State of Play, Naughty Dog confirmed The Last of Us Part 2 will be released on February 21, 2020.
After years of waiting, Naughty Dog finally announced the release date for The Last of Us Part 2 alongside the first reveal of Joel, who had yet to be seen in previous looks at this much anticipated sequel.
Quote:
The Last of Us Part 2 will continue the story from 2013's The Last of Us which originally released for the PlayStation 3. We gave The Last of Us a 10/10 and called it a masterpiece that is an "absolute must-play."
But for extreme Fanboys:
Quote:
Also revealed were The Last of Us 2's Standard Edition, Special Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition, Collector's Edition, and Ellie Edition, which can be pre-ordered now. The Ellie Edition, which will cost $249.99 USD, comes packaged with a 12" Ellie statue, a recreation of Ellie's backpack, and so much more.
Source: IGN Article

Quote:
After much speculation, Sony has announced The Last of Us 2 will be released on Feb. 21 for the PlayStation 4. Sony also showed a trailer for the highly anticipated sequel from developer Naughty Dog during its State of Play event Tuesday.
In the new trailer, a grown-up Ellie is seen enjoying her new life, but she gets abducted and something happens. Something bad. She now has to leave her life and take on those that hurt her. And she's not alone. Joel from the original game made an appearance as he doesn't want to let her take on this fight alone.
Source: CNET Article

On a personal note, cannot wait for this one. Will pre-order as soon the links are up on Amazon India.
Old 25th September 2019, 09:27   #791
BHPian

I've competed Dark Souls 2 on the PS3 and Dark Souls 3 twice on the PS4. During my first playthrough, I constantly had help from other players online who would do most of the damage. During my second playthrough, I went through most of the Bosses without dying a single time, except the Final Boss. By my estimation, I had died around 70-80 times before I finally killed the guy. I had to check a guide online, where I found out that the only mistake I'd kept making was not giving enough space during that particular move which killed me like 60 out of 80 times, and then, I aced it.

God of War 2018 on the PS4 was another game that I enjoyed as much as Dark Souls. The Game was just so damn GOOD, and violent, and required seriously good reflexes, and was almost as hard as the Souls series. Now I've just started playing Nioh, and while the visuals aren't too great, the gameplay is very satisfying, and it is very much a soulsborne game, although it is a lot faster than Dark Souls, like everyone's jumping and dodging around.

For anyone who loves rpgs, while Witcher 3 is one way to go, the other is Skyrim. It's an old game, but the Mods out there for this game change it into something else entirely. I'd recommend getting this game, seeing a good modlist on the Internet, putting those mods into your games and then playing the Game. It is a beautiful game that contains hundreds of hours of gameplay that is well worth your time.
Old 25th September 2019, 21:09   #792
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it is time to change the thread to "PC, Cloud gaming & Console games - Discussion Thread".

Anyone excited about Stadia? I've been interested since the demo of AC during the Google event and it seemed like a great concept. Imagine the day when you wouldn't have to own a pricey gaming rig (that you have to upgrade every other year) or a pricey console, no loading times, no hardware glitches and you can play on even a low-end machine that can run Chrome. Well, I've decided to try it out - will be interesting to see how Google manages this.

TBH, I think this makes sense to a lot of casual gamers who really don't spend too much time gaming. And the ease of just turning on your TV and to start playing is just amazing. Let us see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Some great news dropped today.

The Last Of Us Part 2 is coming to PS4 0n 21st February 2020.
I think the first part is probably the best game I've ever played. Can't wait for the next one. There were some homophobic comments about the depiction of Ellie in the trailers etc but heck.
Old 25th September 2019, 21:50   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I think the first part is probably the best game I've ever played. Can't wait for the next one. There were some homophobic comments about the depiction of Ellie in the trailers etc but heck.
Without a doubt, The Last Of Us (2013) was one of the best games I have ever played.
First played on PS3 and then when the released the remastered version for PS4, bought that too and played it.
No wonder it won all the awards that year and was rated highly by all the gamer sites.

Cannot wait for the release. Have been hooked to any news since they showed a short clip in one Sony gaming convention a few years ago and confirmed the second part was coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
God of War 2018 on the PS4 was another game that I enjoyed as much as Dark Souls. The Game was just so damn GOOD, and violent, and required seriously good reflexes, and was almost as hard as the Souls series.
What a game this one is too. Kratos as a father to Atreus. The gameplay , the boss fights with Thor's sons - Magni and Modi and Baldur. Eagerly waiting God Of War: Raising Kratos.
Old 14th October 2019, 12:51   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
On a personal note, cannot wait for this one. Will pre-order as soon the links are up on Amazon India.
Why not go for the digital edition? It's one of those gems which you probably don't want to sell after finishing it. Also, the multiplayer on the first part was epic. Not sure if you played that or not but, if you didn't, you must.

I assume the multiplayer this time is going to be a step above because they'll be releasing it separately. I read it somewhere that the game is getting too big that they'll be releasing the multiplayer as a different package and not in the stock game.

Very excited for this!! Already pre-ordered.
Old 14th October 2019, 13:30   #795
BHPian

Is there anyone who is playing Call of Duty on Android? We can add and have a team bhp clan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks