Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:17   #916
Team-BHP Support

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
What an opportune time for you to pen this. I have just re installed this game today to actually start playing it.
So how did it go?

Remember, if you are playing online with a PS+ subscription and are finding it hard to clear some area/boss, you can seek help using the summon sign.

I prefer playing offline though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Did you play Shadow of the Tomb Raider? Heh, I have it on Stadia and PC and am playing it again to finish side quests etc.
Hi Naveen. Yes I did complete Shadow of the Tomb Raider and did make a mention of it in the post, in case you missed it. Loved the settings and the gameplay although I didn't find it any different from Rise of the Tomb Raider which was quite epic when it was out. Side quests were good esp. those challenge tombs.

So, did you play SOTR? What did you make of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Maybe some day, I'll pick up Dark Souls III and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
And I completed Dark Souls III! During lockdown 1.0. It lasted a week but man, I am blown away by the title. I just wish it lasted a little longer!

It was on sale for Rs. 700 on the PS Store and I did not think any further. Loaded it up the same day evening and began the quest. I'd rate it the best of all the Souls titles hands down! Difficulty was pretty much balanced and except for a few enemies which were incredibly strong, my character was dishing out some serious damage. I loved the similarities with Bloodborne; understandable since DS III was developed alongside Bloodborne.

One particular boss battle was very VERY annoying and I rage quit several times. The dude can wreck some serious damage, almost two or three shotting my character. Tried several strategies and then cheesed him to his death using a simple crossbow. Man, it felt so good! Most boss battles have NPC summons available to help the player which is good because the NPC can draw the boss' attention and some of them can even single-handedly wreck the boss! A few enemies were returning from DS I which was nostalgic.

Soundtracks were mind blowing!

Check this out and just listen for a minute:

And then I read on Reddit that there's a Latin chanting in the background which translates to:

Quote:
I will slay you, victim of the cinder. To block you from the false oath, I will slay you.

Victim of the flame, victim of the fallacy, I'm suffering, suffering from the flame's fallacy and the wolf's oath. per the fallacy.

I'm thirsty, suffering form this fallacy, from wolf's oath.

To block from the truth of the flame, the fallacy tells.

Life weakens Dark. Dark weakens Flame. Dark and Flame are fading.

I learned the fallacy of the flame and the truth of the oath.

And so, I loved loved, loved,.. loved the fallacy. Loved, loved, loved.
OK, scratch that. Want to see the action part of the boss battle with this music background? How about you take an enemy along to fight the boss? I managed to lure a Darkwraith into the boss' arena and although his health was low, he landed a blow which took out a good chunk of his health!

Watch this (skip to 2:25):

Looking forward to The Witcher III but I have no clue when I can start the title. Pretty occupied right now.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:35   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
So how did it go?
Oh hell no!!
It was the most agonizing and frustrating game I have ever played in recent memory.

It demands every ounce of patience in you. Roughly 6 hours into it and i was done. Never again am I picking it up. To hard for me.

I played dark souls recently. It was an enjoyable experience on the whole.

In the meantime I ended up picking up like 10 games during these PS sales that have been running since last few weeks. Wrecked, resident evil, yakuza, death stranding, deteroit and a few other indi titles.

Currently revisiting Gta V. The simplicity of running over someone in Los Santos is at stark comparison to hitting one blow in Bloodborne.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:15   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Hi Naveen. Yes I did complete Shadow of the Tomb Raider and did make a mention of it in the post, in case you missed it. Loved the settings and the gameplay although I didn't find it any different from Rise of the Tomb Raider which was quite epic when it was out. Side quests were good esp. those challenge tombs.

So, did you play SOTR? What did you make of it?
Ah my bad, I see you said
Quote:
Took out the dusty controller from the drawer, cleaned it, fired up the console and loaded Shadow of the Tomb Raider (SOTR) just to show him a brief demo. And that rekindled the 10-year old in me! Started SOTR and wrapped it up within a week.
Yeah I liked the game and finished it on the PC and playing in Stadia now. Actually finished that too but playing side quests. Nicely done game.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 22:20   #919
BHPian

While Microsoft has the Xbox series X lined up for release to compete with PS 5 , I think equally interesting is their Project xCloud.
It changes the whole gaming parody. You no longer are tied down having to own a powerful gaming console in order to enjoy high def games. I believe over time they would be extending the list of client devices that would be supported on this platform.

if things go as planned, India is on the rollout plan for 2020.
Basically an Xbox powered compute device on the cloud where you can connect to and play on a lower spec device. All you need is good internet.

Need to see what the pricing and offering is going to be.

In addition to this they are going to extend the XBox Game pass to be valid on this platform.

Last edited by Fillmore : 16th June 2020 at 22:28. Reason: added more content, clarified existing content.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 23:12   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Basically an Xbox powered compute device on the cloud where you can connect to and play on a lower spec device. All you need is good internet.

Need to see what the pricing and offering is going to be.

In addition to this they are going to extend the XBox Game pass to be valid on this platform.
Similar to Stadia? If they offer more games and better pricing, it will be a good option.
Old 16th June 2020, 23:50   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Similar to Stadia? If they offer more games and better pricing, it will be a good option.
Yes, I just rechecked Stadia after your post. (Though I heard about it , frankly did not check it out)

It is still not launched for India though

However I doubt Stadia really clicked. Though have never tried it the reviews do talk about slight lag, too much data hogging, few games etc..

I guess it will take a while for cloud gaming to mature. A major factor being unlike streaming a video here it is based on a request response model. And game developers just targeted a console in mind when building these games hence the architecture did not call for a requirement to deal with any kind of lag between the controller and the action.

Guess they need to re-architect games for the cloud model to factor in the streaming response times. Otherwise you will end up getting killed in most combat or other action scenes.
Old 17th June 2020, 00:55   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Yes, I just rechecked Stadia after your post. (Though I heard about it , frankly did not check it out)

It is still not launched for India though

However I doubt Stadia really clicked. Though have never tried it the reviews do talk about slight lag, too much data hogging, few games etc..

I guess it will take a while for cloud gaming to mature. A major factor being unlike streaming a video here it is based on a request response model. And game developers just targeted a console in mind when building these games hence the architecture did not call for a requirement to deal with any kind of lag between the controller and the action.

Guess they need to re-architect games for the cloud model to factor in the streaming response times. Otherwise you will end up getting killed in most combat or other action scenes.
I think they will launch Stadia in India soon. Massive market. And if I am going by how Spotify is priced there vs here, Stadia will be priced well. But it is Google after all, so let us see.

Stadia is doing really well - I play on Stadia most times than PC or PS4 these days. The ease of use is unparalleled - I can start a game on my PC, play in the living room on the TV and just play on my mobile after that.

The bad press for Stadia comes mostly from initial reviews and the less number of games - but that is increasing every day. As for lag, there is none - I play PUBG and have not had any issues.
Old 21st June 2020, 08:17   #923
BHPian

If you love TLOU for the story don't bother buying the second part. The story & plot is so bad you'd wish to have a memory wipe. Buy only if you are interested in the gameplay mechanics & graphics and don't care about the story. It's an abomination. All those trailers are false advertising. Check the spoilers if you want to know.
Dante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 10:02   #924
Senior - BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
If you love TLOU for the story don't bother buying the second part. The story & plot is so bad you'd wish to have a memory wipe. Buy only if you are interested in the gameplay mechanics & graphics and don't care about the story. It's an abomination. All those trailers are false advertising. Check the spoilers if you want to know.
Thanks. That's the general consensus. Glad I didn't pre order it. Will buy it used after 6 months or so. Though I am slightly disappointed as I loved the story in first part.
Old 27th June 2020, 09:28   #925
Senior - BHPian

Steam sale is going on guys till July 9. Now is the time to buy those expensive titles.
Old 27th June 2020, 19:52   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Even I have been playing the game since lockdown started. Some stats:

Attachment 2004416

Attachment 2004417

I don't have a racing wheel setup, playing it on my laptop though.
Hi,

Is there any Team-bhp convoy organized in ETS2. If so please let me know, I will be eager to join.

And this ets1, ets2 is one hell of a game I have been playing always.I Cannot count how many hours I have spent trucking. And the multiplayer brings you a whole new experience.

Dark souls2 scholar of first sin was the game I started during lock down1.0 and it is the first game which really haunted me even in my sleep

Recently finished horizon zero dawn and it was completely immersive experience, would highly recommend.
Old 2nd July 2020, 08:21   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
To each his own, but this is not a fair assessment in my humble opinion. Yes the first part had one of the best endings to any game ever, as always the case with ambiguous climaxes where one is free to interpret and take away his/her version. While TLOU 2 has a more resolute ending, does it necessarily have to mean it’s a bad one?

There is a singular message that the game tries to make through its entire runtime, and it is forcefully driven home by the final choice of the main protagonist. To call it an ‘abomination’, would be to miss the whole point.

My opinion is that everyone who liked the first part should play this game. As you progress through the story you will eventually be forced to reflect and change your opinion, sometimes even grow to like certain characters who you wanted to kill with the same bloodlust as the protagonist. To be able to do that through the video game medium, is nothing short of genius.
Old 14th July 2020, 14:55   #928
BHPian

Ubisoft is giving away Watch Dogs 2 along with few freebies for a limited time : https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Ne...orward-Rewards

Make sure to refresh the page after logging in so it shows the "Registration confirmed" page.
Justin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 15:52   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thanks. That's the general consensus. Glad I didn't pre order it. Will buy it used after 6 months or so. Though I am slightly disappointed as I loved the story in first part.
Hey, where do you buy used PS4 games from?
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 23:24   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Hey, where do you buy used PS4 games from?
I am a member of Indianvideogamer(IVG) forum. We trade used stuff for gaming there. You can also check Gameloot.com. I have bought few used games from them.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed