Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 21:21   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Just picked up Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 recently.

What a splendid title it is. Notwithstanding the fact that it is based in fedual Japan which itself is a brand new setting for any open world action adventure game, the combat system is absolutely unreal. The opportunity of taking out multiple enemies buy just 1 blade swing is out of this world satisfying. The visuals are great too. But its all about the combat.

For anyone who likes the the whole open world adventure category, give this one a go.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 21:51   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Except for wafer thin storyline, it is a gem of a game. As you progress you will realize there are so many ways to play the game, and you can keep altering your play style to keep the game.

One of the rare games I felt like getting the platinum trophy, and eventually got it.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 11:25   #978
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I am new to console gaming and I would like some help in understanding that if I buy a game from Microsoft store, do I necessarily need to have some type of membership like Xbox game pass or Xbox live gold to use the game or I can just play the game as I don't do multiplayer as the deals is really lucrative like below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/fo...%3aoverviewtab
Old 25th November 2020, 11:28   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Hi Everyone, I am new to console gaming and I would like some help in understanding that if I buy a game from Microsoft store, do I necessarily need to have some type of membership like Xbox game pass or Xbox live gold to use the game or I can just play the game as I don't do multiplayer as the deals is really lucrative like below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/fo...%3aoverviewtab
I've had an Xbox One since 2015 and I used to maintain an Xbox Gold membership. My observation is that if you are going to keep gaming heavily and if you're going to keep buying newer games, these memberships make total sense. Buying individual games without these memberships is a sureshot way to bankruptcy especially in the Indian market (since games come way cheaper in the US).

Right now, I start the console up maybe once in a month and I have 1 or 2 trusted games that I like to play all the time. I'm happy with that.
Old 25th November 2020, 12:23   #980
BHPian

eagerly waiting for ps5 to be made available here!
have been going through youtube videos and bloggers.
Found that these guys are buying from dubai.
any idea if ps5 will be available in jan 2021 in good quantities?
Old 26th November 2020, 17:13   #981
BHPian

Started playing Sniper Elite 4, an old game. I'm sure many people would've completed this game few years back itself. God, is the level map big and detailed. Took close to 2 hours to complete just the first level, and was amazed how big the level was. As I could speculate from the first level itself, there are multiple ways to complete a level, from stealth to hardcore FPS. I'm guessing, either gameplay choice would yield a totally different experience. Looking forward!

Cheers!
Old 26th November 2020, 21:58   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Right now, I start the console up maybe once in a month and I have 1 or 2 trusted games that I like to play all the time. I'm happy with that.
I myself don't game much at max I will be completing 3 to 4 titles a year which will go down more in the near future and I try to keep my purchase below Rs.1500 and neither I am into new title and all that's why the Live gold membership and game pass don't seem worth to me.

Another issue I ran into is I am unable to add the SBI Visa card to Microsoft account for purchase, it throws up an error stating my details don't match and not able to get any support is also really frustrating neither the chat support nor the call support works from Microsoft.

I have a Rupay Debit card in my name and my mother has a Visa Debit card which I am trying to use could this be the reason, if yes then I don't see any possible way to make purchases any time soon. If anyone can help it'll be really nice.
Old 27th November 2020, 13:37   #983
BHPian

I have tried adding 2 Visa cards and they throw up the same error, i know this might be a stretch to ask on a public forum but if someone here can make a purchase as gift for me and I'll pay them the amount.

Last edited by revvharder : 27th November 2020 at 13:40.
Old 27th November 2020, 16:13   #984
BHPian

Steam and Epic sales are on. Got myself Doom Eternal Deluxe edition.
Old 29th November 2020, 23:01   #985
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any Warzone players here? We can team up and conquer COD Warzone once
Old 1st December 2020, 17:43   #986
BHPian

Beamng is available on Steam @ Rs.455 till tonight. I got it for my PC.
Old 14th December 2020, 15:05   #987
BHPian

Got myself Shadow of Tomb Raider, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC on Steam sales recently. While Tomb Raider game is nothing revolutionary, RDR 2 is just amazing in terms of graphics and environment fidelity. I am hardly 2 hours in and the vistas in the game at night, long draw distance, character models and lighting just steal the show. enjoying it.

Was thinking of getting Cyberpunk 2077, but looking at the huge amount of issues on PC, have decided to skip for now and will probably pick up for sale next year when bugs are ironed out.
Old 14th December 2020, 22:11   #988
BHPian

I have got myself a 3090 FE and it's already arrived but I am away for another 4 days. Upgrading from a 2080 which was sufficient tbh but have trigger fingers.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 23:28   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
I have got myself a 3090 FE and it's already arrived but I am away for another 4 days. Upgrading from a 2080 which was sufficient tbh but have trigger fingers.
Congratulations, and have a blast. What games are you gonna throw at the 3090?

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 23:40   #990
BHPian

Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the reason for getting this.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed