Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2021, 10:11   #1006
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Looks the production of PS4/pro consoles has been reduced. Not many available on amazon or flipkart.

PS5 is out of my budget.

Any other Indian websites where I can view the deals ? will go for a pre-owned as a last resort.
Old 28th April 2021, 19:51   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Just 20K with two working controllers is a sweet deal. Go for it. Plus the person lives in your society, so there's some peace of mind. In case, you don't go ahead with this, keep me in mind.

Actually the seller is a bit reclusive, not picking up calls or messages! If he does and if I do change my mind, I will DM you for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Hi motorworks

1. 20k seems to be a good price, just make sure the console is not modded and works well. Also check the condition of the controllers, they are prone to wear with heavy usage.

2. PS Plus, the online subscription service of PlayStation, costs 3k annually or 499/- monthly. This gives access to online multiplayer on supported titles, discounts on digital purchases and 2 free games every month (the quality of these games are hit or miss, and are usually not the best the console has to offer).

With the COVID-19 situation across the globe, PS has this temporary initiative going called 'Play at Home', with periodic offers for both AAA and indie games absolutely free. Currently they have 'Horizon Zero Dawn' (with all DLC) under this offer till May 14, and this is one of the must have games for this console.

3. Physical discs for the PS4 are relatively cheaper now since the console is at the end of its life cycle - you could get AAA titles at 1/3rd or 1/4th the price of what they were at launch. You are buying this at a good time!

4. I am not sure if you are aware, but games are age rated. For instance God of War is rated 17+ for extreme violence. While games have always been violent in one way or other, today they also handle a variety of adult/sexual themes and emotionally affecting content. You would want to watch out for what your 9 year old would be playing.

On a side note, have always heard that Xbox with its Gamepass service is leagues ahead when it comes to multiplayer content and access to games from previous generations, so maybe you would want to look at that. Have no personal experience, since I have always been a PlayStation guy

Thanks a ton for your elaborate replies, will surely keep these in mind during the purchase. Although im seeing PS4 listed at 29k with some games bundled on Amazon, I see some direct sellers on Indiamart etc showing lower prices, but I guess the one can be not sure about the credibility of unknown sellers.
Old 1st May 2021, 12:51   #1008
BHPian

Gran Turismo officially recognized as an Olympic sport

Considering the number of enthusiasts who play digital games across the world, hoping to see good participation. From other news articles & live streaming related to Formula 1 stars playing these games during lockdowns last year, seems like both the skills and funds required to play will be at Olympian levels.

As per the above website, another 4 e-sports will be part of the Olympic Virtual Series: baseball, rowing, cycling and sailing/regatta.
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:38   #1009
BHPian

Got myself the Xbox Series S. Skipped a whole generation and moved from PS3 to Xbox S and the difference is staggering. Gamepass is quite a steal and looks to be of great value.

For anyone sitting on the fence about these next-gen consoles, just go for it. There is a massive semiconductor shortage and stocks are short supply all around the world. For now, the Xbox S is available both on Flipkart and Amazon.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 17:24   #1010
Team-BHP Support

Anyone in NCR who can help me get an Xbox 360 (2012 model) up and running with software upgrades and some minor repairs? Reliable service guy, because I have 0 knowledge about this console. It was handed over to me in an as-is condition yesterday.

Update: Got it up and running with Gannu_1's help. Cheers Gannu

Last edited by Eddy : 9th May 2021 at 21:41.
Old 10th May 2021, 17:32   #1011
Team-BHP Support

And I am back to square one. The console's CD tray does not eject and has stopped reading any CD even if I open it manually.

I'll have to get that fixed. If anyone knows anyone in NCR who can do it (after the lockdown), please help.

Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:51   #1012
BHPian

Have had some time, so have been playing a little bit. I just finished Mafia-The Definitive Edition. It is a ground-up remake of the 2002 original. I played the original on PC way back in 2005 and was amazed at how far ahead of its time the game was. The 2020 version of the game impressed me - was so good to revisit this masterpiece. It pulled me out of my GTA obsession. Mafia is about 10 hours of playtime. It's largely story-driven, based in the 1930's in a fictional city that appears to be a cross between Chicago & New York. The narrative and storyline is brilliant, pretty immersive and incredible as your work your way through the underworld as the right hand of a Don. Lots of period cars, and weapons etc. Don't miss this one!

I picked up F1-2020 on PS Store this month on sale for only 1200 bucks. Always wanted to try it. It is an all-out simulator. The Career mode as the boss and driver of the 11th team on the grid is super. I am practically living my F1 driver daydream. If you love F1, this one is for you. I am spending a lot more time playing this than I anticipated. It is fairly difficult to play.All the details - tire wear, managing engine modes, managing strategy, ERS, DRS, pitstops and perfect gear changes, paying attention to radio while going flat out etc etc will blow your mind. Newfound appreciation for how difficult an F1 drivers job is.

Just downloaded Battlefield V, it's one of the free games on PSN this month. Just started it, looks very good thus far. Very strong visuals - based during WW2. The intro gives you a teaser on single-player campaign and puts you in a fighter plane, a tank, as a sniper as well a soldier across multiple locations (Libya, Norway, France) during the World War 2.
Old 17th May 2021, 12:31   #1013
BHPian

Am currently playing 2 games with Polar Opposite gameplay & mechanics - Doom Eternal (DLC 2) and Metro Exodus on PC.

While Doom Eternal is all Unrelenting, push Forward with Testosterone high battle sequences and full Metal music, Metro Exodus is a Slow Burn with focus on Survival Horror and exploration rather than going-in full guns blazing.

With both games, the developers have certainly outdone themselves (both ID and 4A) & like the single player campaigns in a glut of games (at least on PC) which are only multiplayer focused.
Old 17th May 2021, 13:57   #1014
BHPian

Mass Effect : Legendary Edition is out, and bought it day one. While I have played through Mass Effect 2 & 3 multiple times, had never played the first game in the series. Also, huge fan of Commander Shepard and so can’t wait to start playing - there’s over 200 hours of content in there with all the 3 main games and over 40 DLC.
Attached Thumbnails
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-e14799a40d1548bd81605e0092e7f75d.jpeg  

Last edited by Pequod : 17th May 2021 at 13:59.
Old 27th May 2021, 23:09   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any COD Warzone players here? If yes, we can form a team bhp regiment
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:08   #1016
BHPian

Experts,

I am planning to buy Minecraft game from Amazon. The instructions in Amazon says that the redeem code has to be entered at this website:

minecraft.net/redeem

The problem I face is that this link is not getting connected in my personal laptop, but gets connected through my mobile as well as when I tried on office laptop. Snap is attached.

Please let me know what could be the reason? Please ask for pertinent details.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 2nd August 2021, 11:28   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Do we have any COD Warzone players here? If yes, we can form a team bhp regiment
Me! Please let me know your activision id so I can add you as a friend.
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:59   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Experts,

I am planning to buy Minecraft game from Amazon. The instructions in Amazon says that the redeem code has to be entered at this website:

minecraft.net/redeem

The problem I face is that this link is not getting connected in my personal laptop, but gets connected through my mobile as well as when I tried on office laptop. Snap is attached.

Please let me know what could be the reason? Please ask for pertinent details.

Thanks.
Quoting myself for visibility.
Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:49   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Quoting myself for visibility.
Thanks.
You may want to see this for fixing.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 17:05   #1020
BHPian

I finally completed the expansions of Witcher3. I repeat, this is a class apart.
Hopefully, upgraded version is released for PS5/Xbox series. Would love to replay once I get the new consoles

Far Cry 5 was lying around for a long time. Resumed it. Very similar to last 2 installments.

From reviews, Far Cry 6 is more of the same. Very disappointing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks