Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 19:15   #31
BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
I am planning to buy a Galaxy Note from Flipkart. They are offering a price of 32.7 K (+500 for 6 months EMI fee) against 33.5K (+699 for 6 months EMI fee) in Chroma. I am inclined to buy it from flipkart. But there are a number of negative reviews on mouthshut, hence I'm a bit scared.

What do the bhpians advise? Should I do it on flipkart or rather be safe at chroma?
Well, I've had a pretty good experience with Flipkart both times I ordered online. I bought the Galaxy Note from them and it got delivered to me in 2 days.

INR 800 is not much of a price difference or deal breaker to lose your sleep/comfort over. If you are comfortable with the online retail experience, I'd recommend Flipkart.
Old 27th March 2012, 23:40   #32
BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Got my Samsung Wave 3 for 15900 last week from Flipkart. Immaculate packaging and prompt delivery. You can look at Croma if you don't want to wait for 3-4 days of wait after ordering
Waiting won't be an issue. I was planning to get it after 3-4 days anyway. Thanks for the feedback on flipkart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Well, I've had a pretty good experience with Flipkart both times I ordered online. I bought the Galaxy Note from them and it got delivered to me in 2 days.

INR 800 is not much of a price difference or deal breaker to lose your sleep/comfort over. If you are comfortable with the online retail experience, I'd recommend Flipkart.
I am cool with online purchase, but I have not spent more than 10-12k on a single purchase yet. That is why, this time around I bothered to check mouthshut. Although there are a few negative reviews, a lot of positive feedbacks are also there. Plus, you and Anandtheleo have had satisfactory buying experience. So I've decided to go ahead with flipkart.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 27th March 2012, 23:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^ You can't go wrong with Flipkart.
If it makes you feel better here is what I have bought from them till now:
1. Laptop
2. Books
3. Camera Lens cleaner
4. Memory card

However there were couple of items I took from letsbuy.com since they were going 1k cheaper.
1. 2TB hard drive
2. Olympus camera.
Old 28th March 2012, 04:08   #34
BHPian

Hi sen2009,

Did you check out ebay ? one seller with a feedback score of 100% is selling it for 31,390 another one with a rating of 99.3% for 30,799.
I have had good experience with all of them- ebay , flipkart , letsbuy.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart are seriously mental! Ordered in the evening on day 1. Delivery before noon on Day 2!!! In less than 24 hours! Thats just unimaginable. Though maybe it helps that I am in Bangalore.

The packaging was flawless. Overall very very good buying experience. Flipkart is totally recommended even with eyes shut.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:42   #36
BANNED

I have been buying from Flipkart from last 2 years and not once was I disappointed with the product or service. I had bought a book once and after like 3 months noticed that some 20 pages were missing in the book, I called them up and they replaced without as much as asking a question. The best customer service I have ever seen by an Indian online retail company.
Old 28th March 2012, 09:34   #37
BHPian

In one of the initial posts on this thread about Amazons Junglee killing Flipkart - It is not really an apples to apples comparison here.
Flipkart is into end to end operations where you have peace of mind. Junglee is just a re-direction portal where you have to rely on multiple vendors and their delivery network. Hassel of registering / security etc..

Cost is not the only criteria when you buy online. Junglee may get you the cheapest price , but when you are buying an expensive item most people don't mind paying a little more to ensure peace of mind in delivery and after sales support.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:39   #38
BHPian

I have bought more than 29 items from flipkart over the past year and 100% satisfied.
All through Cash-On-Delivery.

Even ordered minor items like pens instead of going to the corner shop near my house!
(minimum Rs.200 in one order for free courier).

Will continue to always order from flipkart if the price is right.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
I am planning to buy a Galaxy Note from Flipkart. They are offering a price of 32.7 K (+500 for 6 months EMI fee) against 33.5K (+699 for 6 months EMI fee) in Chroma. I am inclined to buy it from flipkart. But there are a number of negative reviews on mouthshut, hence I'm a bit scared.

What do the bhpians advise? Should I do it on flipkart or rather be safe at chroma?
If you plan to buy on EMI, Letsbuy has 6months EMI on Citibank card without any extra charges.
Buy Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (Blue) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

And I think nowadays, the prices at both Flipkart and Letsbuy are in sync, so not much to choose from either of them.
Old 28th March 2012, 16:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for couple of 64GB Pen drives (if possible 128gb), the one on letsbuy.com looks at a good price.

Buy SanDisk Ultra USB 64GB Flash Drive (CZ45) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

On the other hand the a search for similar products on Flipkart results in only two options and both priced north of 3.5K.

I am little apprehensive about buying from letsbuy as sometimes what they show on the pictures is not what gets delivered. Anyone has similar experiences or an alternate online store where i can get this.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Hi sen2009,

Did you check out ebay ? one seller with a feedback score of 100% is selling it for 31,390 another one with a rating of 99.3% for 30,799.
I have had good experience with all of them- ebay , flipkart , letsbuy.
Thanks for that info, I too checked it out. Actually, I have to buy from Flipkart or Chroma as I need the EMI option. The local dealers in Thane are also quoting 30,500-30,750 for the Note. I guess I'll have to pay the premium and count that as interest on the EMI.

And, guys (all guys), thanks for your feedback on the flipkart.com. Now I feel completely at ease with placing the order with them.
It indeed feels nice to see that such a service has started, built up and continuously running in India.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Shopping with Flipkart has been an amazing and wonderful experience for me so far.

I ordered books from them which one cannot think of getting in India(books procured from foreign publishers). All books were delivered on time. On one occasion, there was a delay in delivering a book( mainly due to goof up by the courier co). They refunded my money with apologies and said when the book is ready for re-despatch, they will inform me and gave Rs 100 discount. The customer care fellows at flipkart and co-operative and helpful too. If anything goes wrong, rest assured, you will get your money back.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:32   #43
BHPian

For Books, check HomeShop18 as well before ordering from flipkart. I have done lot of shopping from Flipkart but books at HomeShop18 are as much as 20% cheaper as compared to Flipkart.

Also, the range and delivery meets Flipkart standards. I feel they have come a long way from initial sub standard portal days.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
For Books, check HomeShop18 as well before ordering from flipkart. I have done lot of shopping from Flipkart but books at HomeShop18 are as much as 20% cheaper as compared to Flipkart.

Also, the range and delivery meets Flipkart standards. I feel they have come a long way from initial sub standard portal days.
I think FK has lost its pricing edge in many books.

recently, i got a book at 20% discount on infibeam but zero discount on FK! then noticed other products (incl. Nokia BP4L battery) being cheaper than fk at infibeam.
Old 30th March 2012, 18:44   #45
BANNED

Ordered a FujiFilm Camera worth 10k from FlipKart yesterday. The order was placed around 6PM yesterday. Received around 3:30PM today. See the time lines below.

Fri, 30-03-2012 | 10:28 AM Out For Delivery Hyderabad
Fri, 30-03-2012 | 09:00 AM Received At Flipkart Facility Hyderabad
Thu, 29-03-2012 | 07:44 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility Hyderabad
Thu, 29-03-2012 | 07:21 PM Received At Flipkart Facility Bengaluru
Thu, 29-03-2012 | 07:01 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility Bengaluru

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks