Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 19:23   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

With Flipkart raising its prices across the board, I have ordered a hand iron today from Infibeam.

If the delivery is as per expectation, I will continue with Infibeam hereafter.
Old 20th August 2012, 00:29   #77
BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

I have been ordering from infibeam from past few months and pretty happy about their service. But don't except their customer care service same life flipkart. Flipkart has the best customer service with quick responses.

I am getting 10% discount for using AMEX Card and also 5X reward points.
Old 26th August 2012, 19:23   #78
BHPian

Flipkart has certainly gone lagging in the pricing department. I recently ordered a SoundMagic ES-18 earphones from Indiatimes Shopping for 420/- while the same product was priced in Flipkart at 560/-. I was a bit sceptical with ordering from them but I got the product delivered today and the packing was real good too. It took 7 days to reach me, but that's what was promised anyways.
Flipkart advantage is the superior customer service and response time, definitely not pricing any more.
Old 26th August 2012, 19:42   #79
BHPian

Bought Kaspersky anti-virus from Homeshop18 through COD. They offered the cheapest rate. Totally hassle free service and packet reached home in flat 4 days after order. Recommended.
Old 26th August 2012, 20:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Flipkart has certainly gone lagging in the pricing department. I recently ordered a SoundMagic ES-18 earphones from Indiatimes Shopping for 420/- while the same product was priced in Flipkart at 560/-. I was a bit sceptical with ordering from them but I got the product delivered today and the packing was real good too. It took 7 days to reach me, but that's what was promised anyways.
Flipkart advantage is the superior customer service and response time, definitely not pricing any more.
jayded, You are quite right. Flipkart was never the cheapest and with all the financial troubles that they are having we can't expect them to undercut competition.

Off late I have bought a Plasma TV from gadgetsguru.com, A Netbook from homeshop18, A Pen Drive & SD Card from Tradus, A Wireless mouse from infibeam.com. And needless to say I have got the best pricing + fast shipping via Bluedart.

All these stuff was pricier on Flipkart. I've bought some books, A Laptop & Mobile from Flipkart and the experience is mixed. They have delivered on time in Bangalore but two times when I ordered to Cochin the deliveries got delayed. Once I had to call Bluedart 2-3 times and had to force them to deliver stuff and another time the lazy Aramex guys failed to deliver the Laptop for 2 days and finally my Cousin picked it up from their office.

But all said & done I would prefer the Flipkart site's UI any day since it is very well organised and the I would only buy from them if they are offering the cheapest price for whatever I'm looking for.
Old 26th August 2012, 20:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Pen drives, Memory cards etc used to be cheaper in Flipkart compared to physical stores. I guess not any more! Had been to RK Color lab yesterday to take a few prints. Saw a board there listing prices of memory cards and pen drives, which had an undernote in bold- "Cheaper than flipkart rates" came home and checked the prices in FK and yes, RK prices were cheaper!
Old 26th August 2012, 20:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
With Flipkart raising its prices across the board, I have ordered a hand iron today from Infibeam.

Hopefully it should be. I have not been let down in over 5 orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Bought Kaspersky anti-virus from Homeshop18 through COD. They offered the cheapest rate. Totally hassle free service and packet reached home in flat 4 days after order. Recommended.
The simpler thing is to buy the license key online on ebay. You get it in one day max (courtesy ebay taking time to transfer the money or such). then download and install. 4 days is too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Pen drives, Memory cards etc used to be cheaper in Flipkart compared to physical stores. I guess not any more! Had been to RK Color lab yesterday to take a few prints. Saw a board there listing prices of memory cards and pen drives, which had an undernote in bold- "Cheaper than flipkart rates" came home and checked the prices in FK and yes, RK prices were cheaper!
Epic! Whatay world we live in. Whoever said that India was an easy market, or that brick n mortar stores would disappear like many said they would
Old 28th August 2012, 01:39   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

The big problem with Homeshop18 is that, often they won't deliver to relatively smaller towns, -- even when those places are served by all major couriers! They won't even deliver to all pincodes in a major city like Kolkata!

I have been buying stuff online for years from Flipkart, Infibeam, ebay and so on. But I can't buy stuff (other than books) from Homeshop18 ! I wonder why they can deliver books, but not other stuff ! The funny thing is, they do deliver a very small fraction ( 5% ? ) of other stuff as well, -- sometimes they would deliver a certain thing from one brand, but not the same thing from another brand (which they also have in stock)! I'm puzzled!

The worst part is, once I had something delivered to a relative's address in Kolkata, -- and they started spamming my mailbox with loads of teasers they are not going to deliver to my address anyway!

Last edited by meerkat : 28th August 2012 at 01:41.
Old 28th August 2012, 14:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried snapdeal.com, seems like on some of the electronics the prices are even lesser than infibeam.com.

Searched in Junglee.com as well, still snapdeal comes out cheaper.
Old 28th August 2012, 15:01   #85
BHPian

I have been buying lots of things from Flipkart and trust me they have always delivered to my expectation. Be it home appliances or books, everything neatly packed and delivered in time.

Snap deal is good too, you can get/buy different deals here and avail them.
Old 5th September 2012, 17:35   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Has anyone tried online grocery shopping with any of the sites who deliver in Mumbai.
I found one site http://ekstop.com which seems to have a lot of stuff. Anyone have any experience with them or any of the other online grocery deliverers?
Old 5th September 2012, 17:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

I had a great experience with Flipkart. Ordered a wireless router and a couple of labour Law books. They delivered it in less than 48 hours including the sunday in between. Price wise, yes they were only slightly costlier, but were offering 3 years warranty on the router compared to one year on other sites. I have been using Flipkart since a long time and they have delivered 100% everytime. Even my Galaxy S was from Flipkart, they had the price advantage then though. Not anymore.
I also had a fabulous experience with Healthkart. I ordered a digital thermometer, hot water bag and pepper spray. They delivered in 48 hours flat. For a newcomer in the online shopping scene, I was pretty impressed. Anyone else had experience with them? They seems to have a good following on FB with many positive comments.

Last edited by hrman : 5th September 2012 at 17:59.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:17   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hopefully it should be. I have not been let down in over 5 orders.
I knew it would be a make or break experience and I got a raw deal. Ordered re-chargeable AA batteries with them and its a week now, and still the status is "shipping in progress". Based on their promise, I should have got the stuff delivered yesterday. Almost all the items in Flipkart are present in Infibeam too, with a lower price. So I think it is a strategy to lure customers, but they just cannot deliver. I would advice not to take chances for big ticket items.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:20   #89
BHPian

Does Flipkart, Infibeam charge octroi in addition to website prices for delivering in Pune / Mumbai?
Old 5th September 2012, 18:23   #90
Team-BHP Support

The delivery timelines for infibeam are definitely 3-4 days more than FK, but I am ok with it considering I get better prices.

Most Viewed