Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 11:04   #91
BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Does Flipkart, Infibeam charge octroi in addition to website prices for delivering in Pune / Mumbai?
Flipkart does not charge octroi extra for deliveries in Mumbai.

I had ordered on COD basis few books with Flipkart & Homeshop18 on Saturday 1st September. All the books from Flipkart was delivered on Monday & Tuesday 3/4th September. However Homeshop has yet not delivered one book.

Kiran
Old 6th September 2012, 12:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I knew it would be a make or break experience and I got a raw deal. Ordered re-chargeable AA batteries with them and its a week now, and still the status is "shipping in progress". Based on their promise, I should have got the stuff delivered yesterday. Almost all the items in Flipkart are present in Infibeam too, with a lower price. So I think it is a strategy to lure customers, but they just cannot deliver. I would advice not to take chances for big ticket items.
As of now, its almost 20k in multiple orders. I have had a decent experience each time. Not next day but 3/4th day delivery.

Your experience is unfortunate given the ticket size (such items should not be tough to source) - we have ordered intl editions of books to tier-III towns and had it delivered in 5 days.

You can't expect these struggling cos to do 100% perfect service delivery.

Relax. They are just starting out - they are no Dominos with 100% service quality. Chillax man.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:36   #93
BHPian

I do most of my shopping online. Have tried almost every e-commerce sites for everything from buying shirts to mobile recharges. For shopping, I regularly shop at eBay, HomeShop18, Flipkart, Infibeam and many others, and have received products everytime within a week (FK was the fastest, next day delivery). Just last night at around 11, ordered a book from Indiatimes (first time from this site), and I just received a mail of it being shipped a few minutes back.
Old 6th September 2012, 21:04   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Relax. They are just starting out - they are no Dominos with 100% service quality. Chillax man.
I would have relaxed if they had quoted one week for delivery
Flipkart has set the bar and these guys has to simply match up or they cannot sustain. Just by selling at a low price would not take them anywhere in long run.

BTW, I got the item delivered within 12 hours of posting a review in mouthshut!. The post was followed up by infibeam and the item was shipped within 4 hours through Bluedart.
Old 10th September 2012, 18:38   #95
BHPian

Very Bad.. Flipkart has started charging for EMI Options.

Rising Prices + No More Free Shipping Below Rs. 300 + EMI Charges = Decided not to buy from flipkart unless the product is not available anywhere online.

Quote:
EMI Details
EMI schemes available for HDFC, ICICI, Citibank Bank credit cards only
Pay in easy 3, 6, 9 or 12 month installments
9, 12 month schemes are not available for Citibank credit cards
Available for minimum order value of Rs. 4000
Flat EMI processing fee will be charged by Flipkart
Rs. 100 for 3 months, Rs. 500 for 6 months, Rs. 1500 for 9 months, Rs. 2500 for 12 months EMI
Old 10th September 2012, 20:04   #96
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010
Very Bad.. Flipkart has started charging for EMI Options.

Rising Prices + No More Free Shipping Below Rs. 300 + EMI Charges = Decided not to buy from flipkart unless the product is not available anywhere online.
Did you really expect freebies forever? In these days of rising costs that is an unrealistic expectation. It is unviable. Period.
Old 13th September 2012, 21:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

Is there an issue with BlueDart courier services? Its almost a week I am unable to track items sent from flipkart.com through BlueDart. flipkart.com has responded that they have resent the items through FirstFlight couriers! 2 other items from the same vendor through BlueDart too returns a "No matching Waybill/Reference Number/Order Number" status.

I get the same status of another shipment from lenskart.com through BlueDart. So I guess flipkart is not at fault, but ultimately their shipments get delayed and business can get cancelled.
Old 15th September 2012, 08:32   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Is there an issue with BlueDart courier services? Its almost a week I am unable to track items sent from flipkart.com through BlueDart. flipkart.com has responded that they have resent the items through FirstFlight couriers! 2 other items from the same vendor through BlueDart too returns a "No matching Waybill/Reference Number/Order Number" status.

I get the same status of another shipment from lenskart.com through BlueDart. So I guess flipkart is not at fault, but ultimately their shipments get delayed and business can get cancelled.
Not sure if there are any changes in Blue dart, but they fake delivery attempts and you can validate this if you go and check on their website (awb tracking). This has happened to me more than once in recent past. The status update will be "attempted delivery, door locked" which was not true in my case as my folks are always at home and our home address is not something which can get mixed up. Upon complaining to lens kart, instead of considering my complaint, their attitude was, shall we cancel the order?. Delivery guy does not answer why it was delayed. Guess it has to do with their SLAs and penalties.

I too have noticed that the tracking number usually does not appear for first 1-2 days. I guess it is a trick by the retailers to fool us that item is dispatched already :d or probably their systems do not sync in real time with the courier company systems or probably follow some manual procedures.

Last edited by null : 15th September 2012 at 08:37.
Old 15th September 2012, 16:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Bit off from the main topic. Mods may delete accordingly.

There definitely seems to be an issue with BlueDart. I do not know what and why. BlueDart have recently shifted to a big building in my town and they are the leading courier service here. 4 of my shipments from flipkart.com and lenskart.com through BlueDart have been returned back to the consignor!

Can anybody give me a mail id of anybody in the management at BlueDart?
Old 15th September 2012, 17:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I bought a laptop and host of other things from flipkart before. Delivery was perfect. Unfortunately no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I would have relaxed if they had quoted one week for delivery
I recently cancelled a laptop order. The item reached Bangalore on Thursday and till Monday Flipkart did not find time to deliver it. Finally went to Chroma and bought it. As of now Flipkart is yet to credit the refund. Its more than 10 business days since the cancellation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
So I guess flipkart is not at fault, but ultimately their shipments get delayed and business can get cancelled.
They do have some issues with shipping now. I cancelled my order of Baby Diapers. They were not able to deliver it in stipulated time. At time of cancellation (beyond the stipulated delivery time) they had just procured it from somewhere in Mumbai.

I am kind of sad to see Flipkart go this way.
I was initially having very high hopes with them. But it seems that respecting the customer is not there in the DNA of Indians. Waiting for Junglee to take off big time so that Amazon comes in India.
Old 15th September 2012, 18:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
They do have some issues with shipping now. I cancelled my order of Baby Diapers. They were not able to deliver it in stipulated time. At time of cancellation (beyond the stipulated delivery time) they had just procured it from somewhere in Mumbai.
I have asked flipkart to cancel the order if the original shipment is not happening and not to resend the order through another courier. Not only that they haven't responded to the mail but they have also silently resent the items through FirstFlight couriers
Old 16th September 2012, 21:24   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

With FDI in multi brand retail permitted, it's only a matter of time before Amazon's current avatar Junglee becomes a full fledged e-retail shop. That should bring Flipkart back to Earth
Old 18th September 2012, 13:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Had been to BlueDart and got a chance to inquire about the previous delays and returns. BlueDart had officially suspended all orders from flipkart for a week owing to huge COD backlogs which the customer tend not to collect after ordering items. Shipments have restarted from the 15th. So the basic issue was not with BlueDart or flipkart?
Old 20th September 2012, 13:34   #104
BHPian

I recently ordered three books and a car phone charger from Infibeam after comparing the prices at Flipkart.

In one book ( "Pantheon" by Sam Bourne ), Infibeam was 60 rupees cheaper ( Rs. 242 vs Rs 305) than Flipkart.

In the other items also the prices at Infibeam were lesser, though not of this magnitude. Okay, the books were delivered after 4 days. Probably Flipkart may have delivered sooner. But I ain't complaining. For books 3-4 days don't matter.
---

By the way, why do these online sites make separate deliveries for each item? For four items, they made four separate deliveries and thus increase their and our costs. They should give an option of combining the deliveries with a reduced price, even though the delivery may be slightly delayed. I would be fine with a delivery in 7-8 days for things such as books, if the prices are lesser.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:46   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Could be the items were coming from different warehouses by different couriers. Has happened many times to me. This was before FK had their own delivery service and used to rely on couriers. With a self delivery service this can be done.

By the way, I am looking for a 1TB backup drive and was shocked to see the difference between flipkart and infibeam price.

http://www.flipkart.com/wd-elements-...0-f7fccd8b182b

http://www.infibeam.com/Hard_Disk/i-....html?id=Black

Most Viewed