Team-BHP - The DSLR Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The DSLR Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/11582-dslr-thread-101.html)

Got my Nikon D-5000. Got it lugged back from US. Cost me around 40K with the kit lens. Am quite impressed with the camera, but I need to work on the WB part a bit. Not getting the colours exactly right, specially when using the flash (both with AWB and with the flash settings)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaudhrysan (Post 1456489)
I
Instead of trying to get closer to the subject, I "need" a longer lens to bring the subject close. :)

how do plan to get close to birds that areflying? To catch birds in flight you need long lenses.

BTW Nikon's crop is 1.5 and Canon's is 1.6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1457678)
Thanks GD, I googled up some videos on youtube regarding sensor cleaning.

Mc, in the US where labour is expensive most DIY it. In India you could get all your lenses and bodies serviced for about Rs. 2-3K.

Price check;

pixetra - CANON EOS 1000D Digital SLR Camera from pixetra online

1000D at 24,748.00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1458307)

You have to add 12.5% VAT to that. Last week GKvale (Cunningham rd) was selling at 26k all incl

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohang_j (Post 1458506)
You have to add 12.5% VAT to that. Last week GKvale (Cunningham rd) was selling at 26k all incl

emm; not bad still. D60 kit would cost more right?

Guys any idea how much good quality SD cards for my Canon 450D would cost? Make and model would be appreciated in 4 and 8 GB please.

Anything in particular i should look for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1458514)
Guys any idea how much good quality SD cards for my Canon 450D would cost? Make and model would be appreciated in 4 and 8 GB please.

Anything in particular i should look for?

Jjmehta is selling Scandisk 4gb for 600 and 8gb for 1k.
jjmehta.com eShop

JK, the 1000d is with the IS kit lens or non-IS?

Thanks Mclaren for the link.

Guys is it worth going for the Extreme III version at double the cost for a 450D? Will it make a difference to the shooting experience?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1458561)
Guys is it worth going for the Extreme III version at double the cost for a 450D? Will it make a difference to the shooting experience?

Jaggu, I wouldn't be able to comment on how much of a difference it makes since I'm just beginning to explore the 450D. I'm assuming when you use continous shooting etc it would be able to write faster without filling up the buffer. I've got the Extreme III 4 GB Class 6 - 20 MB/s read/write card, there's also a newer 30 MB/s one in the market now (really expensive though).

Quote:

1000d is with the IS kit lens or non-IS?
Only Non IS version kit lens is available in India.

How much was Extreme III's RufRoc? and yes newer ones might be the Extreme IV and they are expensive.

After some thoughts i think 4GB would be enough, since it can capture well over 220 Raw's in 450D and then i have another 110+ from my current 2GB card. So keep the 4GB as primary card and 2GB for back up's and transfer the shots to the hard disc if need arises.

Only reason why am buying an additional card is my current hard disc doesn't have a direct card reader, so need to hook up the camera to back up, so on the fly transfer is a pain. Ill check out any mini usb adapter's for the card, so that i can directly plug it in to my hard disc ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohang_j (Post 1458808)

Isn't it better to just pick up the 1000d body and go for the IS kit lens? I got my camera from China and it came with the IS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohang_j (Post 1458808)

Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1458825)
Isn't it better to just pick up the 1000d body and go for the IS kit lens? I got my camera from China and it came with the IS.

mcl; no warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1458538)
Jjmehta is selling Scandisk 4gb for 600 and 8gb for 1k.
jjmehta.com eShop

JK, the 1000d is with the IS kit lens or non-IS?

But the cards shown in their site are Class 2, the slowest. Class 6, Extreme III & IV etc. will be better with high write speeds.

No JK, no warranty on my cam. The 1000D wasn't even launched in India when mom was in China. And I read reviews that it would be launched here without the IS kit lens. So asked mom to pick it up there only with the IS kit lens.