Senior - BHPian

sj: nice kit

This is how you upgrade
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-63e5ur6thrthrt.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 15:04   #1202
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That picture's a classic, Jkdas! Cracked me up.

Is there anything like a point & shoot DSLR? Or should I vamoose from this thread? Purpose : Only to shoot cars. I am not the type who will make even one manual adjustment for a picture, but know what to shoot (in terms of angle). Best point & shoot?
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:06   #1203
Senior - BHPian

GTO check out the Canon SX 10 IS
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:22   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Is there anything like a point & shoot DSLR? Or should I vamoose from this thread? Purpose : Only to shoot cars. I am not the type who will make even one manual adjustment for a picture, but know what to shoot (in terms of angle). Best point & shoot?
All DSLRs have a point and shoot mode GTO. In Nikon cameras you just turn the mode dial to the green camera icon and it does everything for you. The only thing you have to do is fidget with the zoom ring on the lens to get the composition right - but then you do that in a P&S as well with buttons.
You can use a DSLR exactly as you would a P&S - the camera will focus, meter, expose and even automatically pop up and fire the flash if needed.

Last edited by StarScream : 23rd June 2009 at 15:25.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:26   #1205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Is there anything like a point & shoot DSLR?
Yes, now there is a dSLR point and shoot.

Olympus E-P1 'digital Pen' - in depth preview + samples: Digital Photography Review
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 digital camera specifications: Digital Photography Review

Both of them can use interchangable lenses and shoot HD videos. In fact, both of them can use all my dSLR lenses.

But, I don't think it is for you.

Quote:
Or should I vamoose from this thread? Best point & shoot?
You should indeed stick to regular P&S if you don't have patience for photography. This thread the best info: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...s-etc-218.html (The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.)
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:47   #1206
BHPian

@JK, that pic really made me laugh.
Camera phone to NatGeo stuff. Actually that is real!

Already a tele lens is on top of my mind. It all depends on how the share market favors me.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:46   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Here is an attempt with my new D90. View towards MG road, taken from my apartment terrace on Sarjapur road. Haven't got a chance yet to go around for some clicks.
@sj_koova, Congrats on your D90 gear - I guess you will enjoy that 50mm lense the most.
Give some feedback on Video shooting with D90 - It seems like lot of fun. DOF creates magic which normal camcorders cant deliver.
Also is there a hard limit on minutes of video shoot i.e. clip you can do irrespective of size of storage on D90?
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:50   #1208
BHPian

Guys, finally finalized something.

Canon 450D with kit lens + 55-250 IS for 737$ (approx 36 K) on Amazon. Don't know how come I missed this deal on Amazon, the earlier deal I was looking at was Canon's rebate program running till July 11th, where the above combo was available for 849$ on Adorama.com and bhphotovideo.com, this deal however beats that.

Will be shipping it to a friend who'll be bringing it back from the US, just wanted to know if there are any additional charges if I pay from a credit card where the billing address is out here in India. Thanks.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:45   #1209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Guys, finally finalized something.

Canon 450D with kit lens + 55-250 IS for 737$ (approx 36 K) on Amazon. Don't know how come I missed this deal on Amazon, the earlier deal I was looking at was Canon's rebate program running till July 11th, where the above combo was available for 849$ on Adorama.com and bhphotovideo.com, this deal however beats that.

Will be shipping it to a friend who'll be bringing it back from the US, just wanted to know if there are any additional charges if I pay from a credit card where the billing address is out here in India. Thanks.
You will be charged the current conversion rate + 3% of the amount as conversion charges. (3% is a standard for most banks for international transactions)
Old 24th June 2009, 11:56   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
@sj_koova, Congrats on your D90 gear - I guess you will enjoy that 50mm lense the most.
Give some feedback on Video shooting with D90 - It seems like lot of fun. DOF creates magic which normal camcorders cant deliver.
Also is there a hard limit on minutes of video shoot i.e. clip you can do irrespective of size of storage on D90?
Yes. I love the 50mm. I made it a point that I will buy a prime lens with whatever DSLR I am finalizing on. It works very well for portraits.

I had Canon 40D and Nikon D90 in my final list. It was tough job to choose one of them. My heart was on D90 and brain on 40D.

Haven't tried with the Video yet as I have a pretty good Sony camcorder. As far as I know (or read), the limit is with the memory card size, not on time. Will try it sometime in the weekend and update.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:31   #1211
Senior - BHPian

You are a riot...

I'm thinking of letting go of my Nikon D80 and opt for a full frame. D3 or D3x is way beyond my pocket.. What to do??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
sj: nice kit

This is how you upgrade
Old 24th June 2009, 12:45   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Haven't tried with the Video yet as I have a pretty good Sony camcorder. As far as I know (or read), the limit is with the memory card size, not on time. Will try it sometime in the weekend and update.
Limit is not on memory card size, it is on time. Please go through your manual. There is a time limit as beyond that, the sensor can get too hot and damaged. No, I don't have a D90, but I had done some research on it. It is another matter that a DSLR is still a long way away for me :(
Old 24th June 2009, 15:04   #1213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
You are a riot...

I'm thinking of letting go of my Nikon D80 and opt for a full frame. D3 or D3x is way beyond my pocket.. What to do??
You do D700, that's all.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:22   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
You will be charged the current conversion rate + 3% of the amount as conversion charges. (3% is a standard for most banks for international transactions)
Thanks, I wouldn't have known. I assumed that it would just be the current conversion rate.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:42   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Limit is not on memory card size, it is on time. Please go through your manual. There is a time limit as beyond that, the sensor can get too hot and damaged. No, I don't have a D90, but I had done some research on it. It is another matter that a DSLR is still a long way away for me :(
Thanks for pointing that out. I was never keen on the Video functionality of D90, so did not pay attention to it!. Let me try some video stuff and playing that on my plasma over HDMI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks