Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 18:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rechargeitnow.com - Money deducted, not received Airtel recharge. EDIT : Refunded

I usually charge my all mobiles and tata sky/dish tv from rechargeitnow.com, every time the transaction is successful and I receive recharge within seconds. But this time I charged my airtel prepaid worth Rs.444 and money is deducted from my account but there is no recharge confirmation SMS and the balance is same as before. No error was there and transaction was successful.

Now I have registered a complaint with airtel customer care and filled the complaint form on the rechargeitnow website. Surprisingly there is no phone number on the website.

Please help me! Has anyone faced similar problem? What more options I have? Who is at fault - Airtel or Rechargeitnow.com?

PS - I have purchased this number just couple of days back and it is activated on the same day.

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th April 2012 at 18:31.
Old 20th April 2012, 18:41   #2
BHPian

re: Rechargeitnow.com - Money deducted, not received Airtel recharge. EDIT : Refunded

It has happened with me while recharging Tata Photon Plus account.
I did multiple topups using rechargeitnow. Rechargeitnow/Tata site said transaction failed, but every time the amount was debited from my bank account!

It's almost a year and I'm yet to get the refund :-(
Old 21st April 2012, 02:12   #3
BHPian

re: Rechargeitnow.com - Money deducted, not received Airtel recharge. EDIT : Refunded

It happened to me but for a change, I always use to get back my money in a day's time or two max. Just shoot them an email with the transaction number and they'll take care of the rest. I still make multiple recharges from that site.
Old 21st April 2012, 09:00   #4
BHPian

For recharging airtel prepaid numbers online, airtel also have a service. I feel its the best. www.airtel.com/PrepaidOnlineRecharge
Send emails to both airtel and rechargeit.com mentioning the transaction number.
You'll either recieve money or get the charge amount in your phone in a day or two.
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

had a similar issue with that site while trying to recharge my dishtv. funny part is i did it through the dishtv site itself and now am shooting mails to both dishtv and rechargeitnow trying to get it resolved.
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

I use paytm to recharge/top-up one of my old BSNL number and no issues so far.
I would say you better use service providers official payment website to pay your bills.
Old 22nd April 2012, 23:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have sent both airtel and rechargeitnow email about the issue immediately after the failed recharge on 20th evening (Friday) but not recieved any correspondence from either side, may be because of weekend. I will wait for couple of more days before calling them again.
Old 23rd April 2012, 02:08   #8
BHPian

Hi, rechargeitnow replies within 72 hours, they are a bit laid back. I am using Paytm & Freecharge since past 1 year and faced no problem till now , plus i also get free McD and other coupons.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

So finally I received an 'Order Refund from ccAvenue' email, so thankfully my money is not wasted.

Most Viewed