Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Micromax A100 Cellphone Review

Out of being out of stock everywhere for a while, it seems Homeshop18 now again has it in stock.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

I had posted a query on MMX page several times on availability of A100 and A90. Last week, they did reply to me stating stocks would be available from October 1st week.

I was also posting several times on dual cores availability, I did not get a single response.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
So its a poor one! Is it okay to buy a higher mA charger and use? Would it cause any damage to the battery?
Computer gives 500mA max on one USB port to prevent the port from excessive current draw & resultant heating.

You'd be safe with a branded original charger from any of the known mobile cos.Don't buy knockoffs/ original unsealed on ebay etc. And don't buy very high Amps (2100mA etc).

Your battery will still be charging from the 5V input, so there's no need to worry. Another reason I asked you to go branded is that the charger goes to a low power state as soon as the battery full signal is given by the phone (Energy Star 5 compliance). Even if you leave it plugged overnight, it will only waste electricity but will never damage the battery.

These High current-chargers also get very hot during operation, which is normal.

I've been using this Nokia charger on phones,tablets & mp3 players of various brands & even unbranded ones for about 3 years and I'm yet to find any kind of problem arising out of it.

Last edited by JustCause : 3rd October 2012 at 13:39.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:51   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Please note the current supplied by the charger. Usually, due to cost cutting it would be 600-800mA, which is insufficient for large batteries. I use my Nokia micro USB charger (AC-10N) for all my phones/tablet (it is rated at 1200mA) & it happily charges any of them within 1.3 hours
Thanks for that info. Never thought companies would differentiate on chargers too. Always presumed if the charging pin is same, the charging capacity would be same.

Quote:

My review of the Karbonn A18:
Thanks. That was helpful. Now if I could find a owner in front of me, maybe I could then do a one-on-one compare. No intentions, just to quench my curiosity!

Quote:
- Time to charge the phone: 2/10. It takes ages to charge.
Now that's weird. The A100 charges up pretty fast. You might want to give other phone chargers a try; I keep charging the phone with a BB (previous phone) charger and other friend's phone chargers, depending on the location and best options. They all work fine with the phone.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Computer gives 500mA max on one USB port to prevent the port from excessive current draw & resultant heating.
Great, never knew. I have charged only using this method and comfortable with the same.

Quote:
You'd be safe with a branded original charger from any of the known mobile cos.Don't buy knockoffs/ original unsealed on ebay etc. And don't buy very high Amps (2100mA etc).

Your battery will still be charging from the 5V input, so there's no need to worry. Another reason I asked you to go branded is that the charger goes to a low power state as soon as the battery full signal is given by the phone (Energy Star 5 compliance). Even if you leave it plugged overnight, it will only waste electricity but will never damage the battery.

These High current-chargers also get very hot during operation, which is normal.

I've been using this Nokia charger on phones,tablets & mp3 players of various brands & even unbranded ones for about 3 years and I'm yet to find any kind of problem arising out of it.
Any specific Nokia XXX mA I should consider buying. What would be the approximate cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thanks. That was helpful. Now if I could find a owner in front of me, maybe I could then do a one-on-one compare. No intentions, just to quench my curiosity!

No problem. Come over to Namma Bengaluru with a A100 or a person with A100. My A18 is ready for the comparison. Moreover, if dual cores in MMX/Karbonn come in near future, I may buy it and pass on the A18 tomy wifey.
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific Nokia XXX mA I should consider buying. What would be the approximate cost?
Go for the AC-10N (1200mA). I don't know of the exact cost, but it should be around 600-800Rs. Buy it from Nokia care/Priority dealer. I've extensively used 1200mA specification and hence recommend you not to go above 1200mA (1500mA is the limit for microUSB).

This charger charges the 1200mAh battery of my Nokia N86 & 701 in about 45 mins. So, I guess your battery (1500mAh) will get fully charged in 1 hr.

Last edited by JustCause : 3rd October 2012 at 15:50.
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Found this on the net: http://www.buytheprice.com/shop-onli...charger__13779

Expensive, I will decide in a day or two if I really need one
Old 27th October 2012, 21:29   #38
BHPian

A sucessor of A100 the A110 was launched today @ Rs.9999. Other than upadated features it now has capacitive buttons than the on-screen one. It sure looks good!

Quote:
The all new Micromax A110 Superfone Canvas 2 is now available at just Rs 9,999. Get your hands on a mammoth 5” FWVGA IPS display, running on a powerhouse Dual Core 1GhZ processor, 8MP camera & 2000 mAh battery
I am an iPhone user since four years and wanted to try out android OS, will definitely buy the Canvas 2 and use it as a secondary phone. Will keep you guys updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Micromax A100 Cellphone Review-534711_515591115117729_1142279088_n.jpeg  

Last edited by Y@SH : 27th October 2012 at 21:32.
Old 27th October 2012, 22:23   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
A sucessor of A100 the A110 was launched today @ Rs.9999. Other than upadated features it now has capacitive buttons than the on-screen one. It sure looks good!

I am an iPhone user since four years and wanted to try out android OS, will definitely buy the Canvas 2 and use it as a secondary phone. Will keep you guys updated.
Ironically I plan to do the opposite Can't make myself move onto the Apple platform, inspite of the better phone.

Btw the improved features are
- Better processor
- Improved screen
- Increased internal memory
- 8MP camera

Other cosmetic changes are not clear yet. Btw the lowest price I could find online was 10,999 Rs.
Old 29th October 2012, 00:29   #40
BHPian

I'm planning to get the A110 soon. Just waiting to check out some good reviews.

Btw, what's the RAM size on the A100? And how much of it is available to the user?
Do games like temple run work properly?
Also, are these Micromax phones reliable? If i get the A110, I'll expect it to last atleast a year.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ironically I plan to do the opposite
Other cosmetic changes are not clear yet. Btw the lowest price I could find online was 10,999 Rs.
Only available at Saholic at the moment @ Rs.9999. (3 months EMI of Rs.3333 with no additional charges)

http://www.saholic.com/mobile-phones...2-a110-1004952

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I'm planning to get the A110 soon. Just waiting to check out some good reviews.
The reviews seem to be good. Check this video on youtube.

I'm waiting for the credit card's curent bill cycle to end. Will order soon.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st October 2012 at 18:57. Reason: Proper view of video
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:54   #42
BHPian

I got my A110 yesterday. i was fed-up with the test unit experience of Garmin Nuvi as it never used to find any area or society.
i just went to the market and was impressed with the design and look of this A110.
i had only one thing in my mind that i can use it as my navigation unit permanently.
i purchased sygic mapmyindia navigation on play store and downloaded all the India maps.
used it today as navigation unit from home to office and it was such a fantastic experience using 5'' screen with good resolution. maps were as usual detailed and crisp.

Positives:
1. responsive touch
2. very good brightness
3. huge display looks good when browsing or navigating
4. no lag at all
5. running 4.0.4 android
6. quick GPS lock
7. rooted and uninstalled some factory installed crappy apps to free space
8. back panel looks good and material has texture which really good to hold with rubber like effect which helps in grip.
9. white color looks really great

Negatives:
1. images and fonts doesn't look that sharp like samsung, htc or apple devices but we really should not compare with them.
but it's not at all a deal breaker. just the matter of getting used to as i am coming from Sony xperia, iphone 4.
2. Internal phone memory is less 500 MB. now i have only 114 MB available after some apps install.
but there is 2 GB memory card installed. so enough for now.
will upgrade card to bigger capacity
3. front camera is really not optimized for video chat. i tried yesterday and the output was nothing great to write about but can live with this.
frame rate was playing big role. whenever i was moving, it was not able to focus simultaneously resulting in blur image.

Note: White color simply looks stunning. i demanded white color at shop and out of 40 handsets he could hardly found 2 white handsets. quickly grabbed one.

Total cost: 9.5k in pune

Last edited by Nicky : 2nd November 2012 at 13:57.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I got my A110 yesterday.
Total cost: 9.5k in pune
Thank you for the report Nicky. May I ask where in Pune did you buy it from ?
A friend is interested (and I may be too.. ) , but dealer was asking around 10.5k.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Thank you for the report Nicky. May I ask where in Pune did you buy it from ?
A friend is interested (and I may be too.. ) , but dealer was asking around 10.5k.
i got it from Jai Mobile Shop, Sai Chowk, Pimpri Market.
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
i got it from Jai Mobile Shop, Sai Chowk, Pimpri Market.
Nicky, Can you pl. post your review of your A110 as a user?

I am interested in hearing about

1. audio quality (both volume & clarity) when you
a) use it normally (with holding the phone near ur ear),
b) with speaker-on,
c) with a headset / earphone plugged in (which came with the phone) &
d) bluetooth?

2. Signal reception when inside a building where signal strength drops?

I had a micromax (one of those Q* series phones with QWERTY & Wifi) and the audio quality was just pathetic and too low for outdoors and very feeble even when inside. Also, the signal reception was very poor inside the buildings (and elevators). Nokia phone used to work inside the elevator on the same vodafone netwokr where as this micromax phone used to drop the call. The white one is very tempting for a price of 10k, but dont want to jump in without hearing about these earlier seen issues which are the basic requirements of a phone.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks