Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 13:50   #76
BHPian

Finally, Sony PSP Phone!

Just got this news on Anandtech.

Sony Ericsson Announces Xperia Play, Neo, and Pro - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

According to them,

"But let’s talk about this PSP phone deal. They may be calling it the Xperia Play, but take one look at the slide-out gaming keypad, and you know what it really is. Overall, the design looks like a sleeker and more streamlined version of the PSP Go, with optical thumbpad analogs in the middle and the classic PlayStation action buttons. The underlying hardware is identical to the rest of the Xperia line, so the Play makes do with the 1GHz Scorpion core and Adreno 205. This is a pretty big statement about how far Qualcomm graphics have come since the Adreno 200 a generation ago. The Play has a 4” screen with the same FWVGA resolution as the rest of the Xperias, along with a 5.1 MP autofocus camera and Android 2.3. So the hardware is pretty standard, but the Play is the first PlayStation Certified device, so it will have access to PlayStation gaming content through Sony’s new PlayStation Suite. It’s a pretty impressive set up actually, with a long list of game developers and game titles available at launch. We’re talking Need For Speed, FIFA 10, Sims 3, Guitar Hero, Asphalt, Assasin’s Creed, and Splinter Cell. Between EA, Gameloft, Namco, Unity and all the other game developers, to go along with SCEA themselves, there’s going to be a lot of high quality games out for PlayStation Suite. If you’re into mobile gaming, Sony has just launched your ultimate device, no questions asked."

Go geeks!!
Old 15th February 2011, 21:49   #77
BHPian

Re: Finally, Sony PSP Phone!

I'm confused between Xperia Play and iPhone 3gs....I hope they launch this within 25k
Old 24th February 2011, 01:22   #78
BHPian

Re: Sony PSP Thread!!!!

Guys,right now I have a PSP-1000, I'm thinking of upgrading, but I'm confused. Should i go for the 3000, or the GO? OR, should i wait for the all new PSP 2?
Old 16th June 2011, 10:27   #79
BHPian

I've got myself a PSP GO! I got 10 games free with it in a DVD.
But i am not able to install them onto the device. It asks for a PSN user id and password.
The problem is with creating one. The PSN user registration site is down for "maintenance". Its been so for a long time i guess.
Is there any other way that i can install games on to the device?
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:09   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, some doubts. Can the PSP be cracked? Some people say it can't be done and some classifieds say it CAN be done.

Also once it's cracked is when we can play games from the memory card? Or can we play from card by default? Trying to source one. Would like to know about it before I take a plunge.

1. Isn't the 3000 series the latest one? How can we differentiate between different models?
2. How much does a UMD usually cost?
3. If the PSP can be cracked, can we still use original games?

If I am getting a pre-worshipped one, what should I look for before giving the cash?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd February 2013 at 16:11.
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:33   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guys, some doubts. Can the PSP be cracked? Some people say it can't be done and some classifieds say it CAN be done.

Also once it's cracked is when we can play games from the memory card? Or can we play from card by default? Trying to source one. Would like to know about it before I take a plunge.

1. Isn't the 3000 series the latest one? How can we differentiate between different models?
2. How much does a UMD usually cost?
3. If the PSP can be cracked, can we still use original games?

If I am getting a pre-worshipped one, what should I look for before giving the cash?
Yes PSP 3000 can be cracked. Basically custom firmware needs to be installed to play games from the memory card without the UMD.

2.UMDs cost between 1-2k approx

3.Yes

Check for any physical damage, try playing for half an hour if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks