Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2006, 12:37   #1
BHPian

Sony PSP Thread!!!!

Ok now all of you might know what the PSP is, Sony PlayStation Portable. Now here at Hyderabad, it costs 11,000 and i am going to check out the grey prices and the prices of games too. Will update the prices abroad too. Can we obtain the accessories and all games in India? Can we get pirated games like in PS2?
Old 1st May 2006, 12:43   #2
bhp
BHPian

yes we can obtain all accessories and games in india .... no we cannot get pirated cd s for psp which is the worst part and all games start frm rs 1800/- +
Old 1st May 2006, 12:44   #3
BHPian

Any idea about the prices in different places and the grey prices???? It sure is s killer gaming device!!!
Old 1st May 2006, 12:47   #4
bhp
BHPian

its approx the same price all over the world ....a lil cheaper in us
its around 10.5 k - 11 k in bbay
Old 1st May 2006, 12:55   #5
BHPian

I may buy the PSP abroad , the games i may em abroad again.....but where can i get those accessories?????

BTW is any PSP owner present here somewhr????
Old 1st May 2006, 13:58   #6
BANNED

i had a ps2 and a psp sold both of them the damn games were just too expensive i just bought 2 games. the accesories whatever came i was using it. i have heard they do make pirated copy for the same. its too late now since i have sold both of them.
Old 1st May 2006, 14:57   #7
BHPian

i had a ps2 and a psp LUCKY YOU............sold both of them WHY?..........the damn games were just too expensive YOU ARE SOOO RIGHT........... the accesories whatever came i was using it WHICH PACK DID U BUY AND WHAT ALL ACCESSORIES DID U GET? .......... i have heard they do make pirated copy for the same.......FOR THE SAME WHAT? PRICE? AND WHR CAN U GET THESE PIRATED PSP UMD's AND THE PRICE???
Old 3rd May 2006, 19:36   #8
BHPian

Well. you cant get pirated UMDs but you can download ISOs and use programs like fastloader to play them on your psp. Of course you need a larger memorystick also to dump the ISOs on. 1 GB or more recommended. I think the PSP now comes with a 1 GB card too in that giga pack thing. So try to pick that up.
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think you need version 1.5 firmware to run the special games and other homebrew apps.
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:21   #10
BHPian

Yes. But firmware downgraders are also available off the net. So not much of a problem.
Old 3rd May 2006, 21:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Yes. But firmware downgraders are also available off the net. So not much of a problem.
Can you upgrade the firmware back to say version 2 or 2.5. The reason I ask is say you downgrade and your PSP goes faulty and the retailer has to send it back to Sony for repairs. What if they check the unit and say you have messed with the firmware so warranty is void.

Last edited by bigman : 3rd May 2006 at 21:52.
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:46   #12
BHPian

hi furioussphinx,yes i am an owner of the sony psp for the past 2 months.the main reason for buying a psp and not a PS2 was because i usually play whenever i get free time(which in my work,is very less)and in my quarters i cannot keep a tv.also the ps3 will be launched soon which means the ps2 will fast become outdated and i was not ready to wait till end-2006 for it.also i did not want to spend much on a computer just for gaming(going for a good graphics card would anyway increase the price unnecessarily plus the accessories)and anyway since i am planning on a laptop,i have read that laptops are not ideal for gaming.the psp meant i could play in my duty room at the hospital too and good enough graphics for a decent gaming experience
i bought it for 12000 bucks(bangalore grey market)this one plays movies too unlike the 10k one which plays only games.the high price of the u.m.d is a major problem and i have bought only one game till now(colin mc rae rally).planning to buy a FPS game in the near future.another problem is you cannot play for long hours-my eyes start paining after 30-45min of continuous play(dont know but it may vary from person to person)since i dont use it too often i cannot exactly comment on battery performance(use it only once in 2 days)
its a great thing-the clarity is awesome.not yet seen movies(and not planning on spending 2400 on a movie too esp. when dvd comes for 1500 bucks,original)but the clarity when i played the sampler disc was awesome!!
and no problems till date.touchwood!!
Old 4th May 2006, 07:30   #13
BHPian

Hey i know the quality of the psp. Yes i am going to buy a 2GB card, and any idea how much it costs???? and if more memory is required, i guess ill try to buy the 4 GB attachable HDD. And where can i download the games???
Old 4th May 2006, 13:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
Can you upgrade the firmware back to say version 2 or 2.5
Yes. you can upgrade the firmware again. Tried it on 3 psps. Nothing has gone wrong till now

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
this one plays movies too unlike the 10k one which plays only games
No such thing. all psps play both movies and games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
And where can i download the games???
Many torrents available all over the net. Try torrentspy.com mininova.org
Old 4th May 2006, 20:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
No such thing. all psps play both movies and games.
well when i went to buy,the shopkeeper showed me 2 models-the black one which plays movies(which i bought)and a white one which doesnt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks