Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Now in the installer screen there are two options: Retail HD and Large/Upgraded HD.. which one should i select?.. my Xbox already has EVOX mod chp
If you have the original hard drive then I suppose you should select Retail HD. If you have upgraded your HDD then the large HD.
Old 14th June 2006, 19:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Trouble Trouble Trouble.....

I installed the XBMC through the official Slayers IRC channel. The softwre worked fine for a couple of times. BUT... the third time i used Xbox media center, and rebooted the system, i started getting blank screen.. no audio, no video.. and GREEN Light (Eject button) Flashing.

Bye bye Xbox.... :(
Old 15th June 2006, 04:58   #18
BHPian

sorry to hear bout that dude, didnt u just buy it this year? ive had my modded box for over a yr, so far its running alright. u just need to find right installer who knows what they are doing.
i am sure someone will be able to bring back ur xbox to life.
Old 24th January 2009, 11:56   #19
BHPian

XBox 360 RRoD

I have a "stock" XBox 360 which developed the RRoD (Xbox 360 technical problems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) yesterday, my son was playing some game, and it just went kaput. It is more than a year since I got it.

Does the M$ extended 3 year warranty for RRoD apply in India? Or is that US only?

And any idea what is the procedure for getting M$ service for this in Bangalore/India?

Ps. Sorry to kick up an old thread, could not find a better place to ask about this.
Old 24th January 2009, 19:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
I have a "stock" XBox 360 which developed the RRoD (Xbox 360 technical problems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) yesterday, my son was playing some game, and it just went kaput. It is more than a year since I got it.

Does the M$ extended 3 year warranty for RRoD apply in India? Or is that US only?

And any idea what is the procedure for getting M$ service for this in Bangalore/India?

Ps. Sorry to kick up an old thread, could not find a better place to ask about this.
My sons xbox had this same problem in July last year - RRoD, i called up the local microsoft support toll free number and registered the complaint, they asked for bill details, date of purchase etc. After logging in the complaint they sent me a brand new Xbox 360 replacement free of cost within 7 days. It was hand delivered to my residence.

Last edited by luky_13 : 24th January 2009 at 19:16.
Old 27th January 2009, 10:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh this thread has revived my sweet XBox memories. Yes its still dumped in the store, trying to play tricks and tips i made it go kaput. :(
Old 27th January 2009, 11:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post

Yes, the warranty is very much available in India, extended to 3 years I mean. I have had the RRoD couple of times in 2 and a bit years of ownership. They always replace it within 7 days. Just call up the call center and register a complaint. All the best!!!
Old 28th January 2009, 01:35   #23
BHPian

Thanks guys! And now that I know the extended warranty is applicable here as well, life is much sweeter.

Not yet called the service center, been caught up with work. Will do in a day or two, and let you know how it goes.

@dceite - Sorry dude, I know how it feels, just could not find another thread to ask this Q.
Old 28th January 2009, 01:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

I saw an Xbox of a class colleage with linux installed. Was sweet but it seemed like the games lagged a lot under heavy graphics after the mod.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks