Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 19:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The E-Reader (E-Ink) Thread

Guys, remembered this thread and thought I'd give it a nudge.

Are you still using the Kobo Glo? I am still using mine and it has been a very good companion for these many months. I have loaded a lot of books and am slowly reading through them.
Old 12th October 2016, 19:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, remembered this thread and thought I'd give it a nudge.

Are you still using the Kobo Glo? I am still using mine and it has been a very good companion for these many months. I have loaded a lot of books and am slowly reading through them.
I have been using my kobo aura for almost 2 years, and it's been going good for me. It does get some updates regularly for it's software and also reading stats is a good feature on this device.

I just completed 'Why do we get fat' based on the reviews on another thread on this forum. All in all, it's one must have device to utilize our free hours.
Old 25th March 2019, 20:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just another nudge to the lesser of the E-book readers.

Still have the Kobo Glo. I even nearly lost it on my travels to India (left it on the plane) but managed to get it back from the airlines. Still going strong - got a new update on it too.

Also, a lovely feature - I can read ebooks borrowed from my local library here on it. Only downside - need to use Adobe Digital Editions though the new Kobo readers natively support borrowing books. Awesome stuff.
Old 26th March 2019, 08:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Just another nudge to the lesser of the E-book readers.

Still have the Kobo Glo. I even nearly lost it on my travels to India (left it on the plane) but managed to get it back from the airlines. Still going strong - got a new update on it too.

Also, a lovely feature - I can read ebooks borrowed from my local library here on it. Only downside - need to use Adobe Digital Editions though the new Kobo readers natively support borrowing books. Awesome stuff.
Even, I have a Kobo Aura which is with me from past 5+ years. Its going great, with all the updates! The PDF experience is only the sore point in these 6" readers.
Old 19th June 2022, 06:18   #50
BHPian

Guys!
What device are you using for reading PDF files? The 6" screen e-ink readers are NO good for PDF files.

In the past few years, there have been plethora of 8" and above models from the likes of 'Kobo', 'Remarkable', 'Pocket Book', 'Onyx' and 'Fujitsu'.

If any of you are on 10" and above e-ink readers, could you please share the PDF reading experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks