Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 15:17   #406
BANNED

Lenovo One Key not working

Lenovo Users watch out. Seems that OneKeyRecovery does not work. Had some issues in my Flex2, so decided to restore. One Key Recovery is not recognising the files I had created. So better safe than sorry.
Old 16th August 2015, 17:52   #407
BANNED

Re: The Windows 10 Thread!

Just checked out. One Key recovery is not going to work. There is a freeware AOMEI One Key Recovery which creates a fresh partition for the OS backup and restore. Also, one can use another location incl USB and removable disk. Looks to be kosher, any experience!

Last edited by sgiitk : 16th August 2015 at 17:55.
Old 16th August 2015, 18:23   #408
BHPian

Guys..I was on official Windows 7 (64 bit) home, upgraded to Windows 10, used it for a week.

Initially Windows 10 seemed to be light years ahead, then the bugs started
Office 2007 slowed down, and the system frequently hung.

Finally decided I did not require any free upgrade, reverted to Windows 7, and am very happy that I did!
Had tried the same exercise earlier - Windows XP to Vista & back to XP.

Guess I can never learn
Old 16th August 2015, 21:25   #409
BHPian

Just be cautious guys!!

After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 I did a system reset to do the clean install. After reboot I faced BSOD "boot device inaccessible".

I tried startup repair but it could fix it. I thought of reinstalling Win 10 again from USB drive. But got error message that driver for drive (hard disk) is missing!!

I have install Win 8.1 from a DVD and upgrade to Win 10.

I searched google and I found that there are a lot of issue like this.
Old 16th August 2015, 23:37   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I thought of reinstalling Win 10 again from USB drive. But got error message that driver for drive (hard disk) is missing!!
Did you try chkdsk /f c:?

Once check disk is done boot from USB and format C drive to have a clean install.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 17th August 2015, 00:16   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ok got this done, had downloaded all the drivers and installed them including the BIOS for win 10 from HP support.

Did some digging around and read that people had managed to install the HP security tool, which also controlled the finger print scanner earlier, this was uninstalled stating compatibility during the win 10 install.

So it was just matter of downloading the tool again from HP, install and restart. Logged in using the password, then went to the tool and configured it. Works like a charm on Win 10 also.

Caution: Do not use if the tool is for Win 7 or less, or it will slow and crash your system Minimum win 8+ with 64/32 bit support based on your system config is needed.
I had to download the Dell Digital Persona again, uninstall the driver, disable FP on BIOS, restart, enable FP again on BIOS, download the driver and reinstall Dell Digital Persona.

Finally got the FP sensor to work using Windows Hello. Its become really complicated to use something that was taken for granted on Win 7.
Old 17th August 2015, 09:08   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Guys..I was on official Windows 7(64 bit) home, upgraded to Windows 10, used it for a week.Initially Windows 10 seemed to be light years ahead, then the bugs started. Office 2007 slowed down, and the system frequently hung.Finally decided I did not require any free upgrade, reverted to Windows 7, and am very happy that I did!
When Microsoft announced that Win 10 is free, I had at that time itself thought of it as a disaster. Bottomline - nothing that is free would ever be as good as when its sold as a proper off-the-shelf product with packaging. Microsoft in every release has used the first 6-12 months on bug-fixing, even their most refined product Win 7 was smoothened out only on SP1. The issue is also that with certain laptops (ThinkPad in my case) there is so much of the manufacturers software in it i.e gestures, battery settings, volume control etc & they need a few months to tune such software to the new OS. I'd decided to upgrade after such period but after reading your experience I've cancelled it forever. Win 10 might be a good experience when it come pre-loaded with new machines.

Also if Microsoft thinks that cloud/torrent-like updating of OS software is the future even their most loyal fans (like myself) will jump to Mac.

Last edited by dark.knight : 17th August 2015 at 09:10.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:35   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Just be cautious guys!!

After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 I did a system reset to do the clean install. After reboot I faced BSOD "boot device inaccessible".

I tried startup repair but it could fix it. I thought of reinstalling Win 10 again from USB drive. But got error message that driver for drive (hard disk) is missing!!

I have install Win 8.1 from a DVD and upgrade to Win 10.

I searched google and I found that there are a lot of issue like this.
Exact same thing happened with me as well and I also had to reinstall Windows 8 via DVD and upgrade. How could such a primetime feature not work? Do they even test the software?
Old 17th August 2015, 10:51   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Exact same thing happened with me as well and I also had to reinstall Windows 8 via DVD and upgrade. How could such a primetime feature not work? Do they even test the software?
And the funny thing is Windows 10 installer is asking for driver for the HDD!!
Old 17th August 2015, 16:05   #415
BANNED

Windows 10 : Downloading updates stuck at 40% for three days! Any fixes!
Old 17th August 2015, 16:32   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Windows 10 : Downloading updates stuck at 40% for three days! Any fixes!
Search for offline update (mydigitallife forum) for the specific KBs and download them and install.
Old 17th August 2015, 17:13   #417
BHPian

Can we use one Windows 10 upgrade DVD created using Media Creation Tool for different PC?

I am going to create one DVD on my OEM 8.1 laptop and planning to use it on friend's Windows 7 desktop also for the upgrade, will it work on both of them?
Old 17th August 2015, 17:48   #418
BHPian

my iphone 5 is not recognised by Win10, though iTunes has no issues in recognizing the phone and syncing. Any leads and help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 17th August 2015, 21:44   #419
BANNED

My system gave up the Ghost. Desktop not loading. Now back to 8.1 and then wait for a few months, and try again. With my stuck update issue I found some advice to remove the previous Malware Removal Tool and then fire away. It worked for one cycle and then lost everything. Fortunately, I have a May OneKeyRecovery so maybe I am in luck. Had taken backups of my Drives E and F on Sunday.

Last edited by sgiitk : 17th August 2015 at 21:46.
Old 18th August 2015, 10:29   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
my iphone 5 is not recognised by Win10, though iTunes has no issues in recognizing the phone and syncing. Any leads and help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh
I would recommend returning to your previous version of Windows (7/8.1) and waiting for stabilization of Windows 10.
Currently, Windows 10 does not recognize certain hardware (Wi-Fi cards) and does not allow certain software (Kaspersky Anti Virus) to run!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 18th August 2015 at 10:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks