Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 15:34   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows 10 Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I did do the disk cleanup and was able to free up only 120 odd mb. Am I missing something.
Right click C:
Click Disk Cleanup
Select clean system files. Select all when it has searched for those especially previous windows installation files. This would be in GBs and rest all in MBs.
Clean

If you want to free GBs of space, you should note that you will not be able to get back to your old OS. Complete disk cleanup removes windows.old files too.

See this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...anup=windows-8
Old 30th July 2015, 16:21   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Thanks, Vasudeva.

The GPU that I have is GeForce GT 335 and the above mentioned driver is not applicable for this. The driver for which I got an notification yesterday and I upgraded is 341.74. So, my drivers are all up to date.

From the event viewer, I am only getting warnings and the following message:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Still trying to diagnose.

Cheers,
Ardhendu
Here is what I did and since the restart I have not received any warnings of display drivers:

Opened Regedit and added a new QWORD (64 Bit) Value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers

Named the new value as TdrDelay with a value of 8. This was recommended on Microsoft KB article for Windows 7. Restarted the system after this and seems to have worked. Going to monitor it for a while before calling it resolved.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 30th July 2015, 16:55   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been getting several task manager errors since build 10166, many tasks have their XMLs corrupted or invalid. This happens with a fresh install as well.
Old 30th July 2015, 17:30   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I've been getting several task manager errors since build 10166, many tasks have their XMLs corrupted or invalid. This happens with a fresh install as well.
Hmm, should I delay upgrading more systems?
Old 30th July 2015, 17:40   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hmm, should I delay upgrading more systems?
Well, it hasn't affected usage of the PC so far based on my experience with about 3 builds. So not a problem as yet. Long term I'll have to see.

Best part is nobody seems to scan their event logs to see what the OS is up to So, nothing on the net as of now.
Old 30th July 2015, 19:20   #201
Senior - BHPian

Have you found out a way to display auto drivers install in gpedit.msc or elsewhere.
Old 30th July 2015, 22:18   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Have you found out a way to display auto drivers install in gpedit.msc or elsewhere.
Sorry, I didn't quite get this one. Do you mean automatic driver installation via Windows Updates?
Old 30th July 2015, 23:17   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, just get the ISO (link provided in one of my earlier posts) and start the upgrade manually. You don't need to wait any longer than you want to.
I was just being lazy to do it myself. I guess I will wait for it to start by itself. BTW the logo on the task bar is missing now.
Old 31st July 2015, 00:15   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys
After an upgrade to Windows 10, Kaspersky Internet Security isn't working. Additionally there are many different applications which are incompatible with this version of Windows.

Hoping that the issues are fixed ASAP, which are the only glitches in this superb Windows experience.
Old 31st July 2015, 00:36   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys
After an upgrade to Windows 10, Kaspersky Internet Security isn't working. Additionally there are many different applications which are incompatible with this version of Windows.

Hoping that the issues are fixed ASAP, which are the only glitches in this superb Windows experience.
That's right. For me too Kaspersky disappeared. But to my pleasant surprise, Windows defender came to rescue automatically. Its updated, system scanned and that is guarding my laptop. Check on notifications; you might find an action item regarding windows defender.
Old 31st July 2015, 00:39   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
That's right. For me too Kaspersky disappeared. But to my pleasant surprise, Windows defender came to rescue automatically. Its updated, system scanned and that is guarding my laptop. Check on notifications; you might find an action item regarding windows defender.
Yes Windows defender is up and running. But would like to have the Kaspersky back into action ASAP

Regards
Old 31st July 2015, 02:36   #207
BHPian

can anyone point out bow to manually update the preinstalled OEM versions? Is it possible to perform a clean install on OEM systems without need of getting new license?
Old 31st July 2015, 03:03   #208
BHPian

Just manually updated to 10. Took about 90 mins. Prima facie, looks good. Need to use it in order to comment on the difference with 8.

Manual update is easy. There is a link on the Microsoft website from which you can update your OEM to 10. CNET website has a user guide as well
Old 31st July 2015, 04:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

Will this be on the subscription model after 1 year for people upgrading from Win 7?
Old 31st July 2015, 06:55   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't quite get this one. Do you mean automatic driver installation via Windows Updates?
Yes. I have rarely relied on windows update for drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks