Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 15:34   #1831
BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Total 5700 as opposed to Rs. 6700 for mega + HD. This will not work if you want southern channels. I have a colleague who wanted all those and had no option but to go for mega.
Well the drawback here is any new channels, you will have to pay. If you are on the mega pack then any new channels added 1 or many comes at no cost...
Old 10th October 2012, 15:58   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Well the drawback here is any new channels, you will have to pay. If you are on the mega pack then any new channels added 1 or many comes at no cost...
That is not true. I was told by TataSky that if the new channels are part of any of the sub packs that I have taken for a year, then I will get them. And my experience has been the same. Fox Action Movies was not part of the English movies pack when I took my yearly subscription. However, since Grand Sports contains the English movies pack, I get Fox Action. Similarly, I get Colors HD, which was added after I paid.

One caveat to Grand Sports, which I forgot to mention - you don't get the three Ten sports channels. Again not a big deal for me as I hardly ever watched them. To football fans that may be unacceptable though.
Old 10th October 2012, 18:14   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
That is not true. I was told by TataSky that if the new channels are part of any of the sub packs that I have taken for a year, then I will get them.
I have been subscribing to Tata Sky Mega pack for several years now and so far they have added many new channels and I get all of them without any additional payment, be sure to subscribe for the Mega pack.
Old 11th October 2012, 11:13   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Issue number two is that their customer care executives are one of the worst I have ever seen. Either the calls are cut frequently, or there is a language problem, or they make me wait for more than half an hour. So planned to switch service providers after my dad got irritated for being made to wait 11 mins to answer what were the additional channels that was added recently.
Suggest you try 080-44448080 if you haven't. They have rep's dedicated to regions to ward off the language trouble.
Old 11th October 2012, 17:56   #1835
Distinguished - BHPian

I am speaking about the representatives who pick the call at 08044448080 itself. They no nothing else but hindi. I prefer English or even Kannada if the situation demands. When they give you an option to select your preferred language, they must also have people who are fluent in the language.
Old 11th October 2012, 18:30   #1836
Senior - BHPian

whats the best DTH for just HD channels and they provide such options. I want the damage to be less than 200 a month for only HD and i dont care about other channels.

Have a STB which has every other channel paying around 135 rupees.
Old 11th October 2012, 19:03   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Suggest you try 080-44448080 if you haven't. They have rep's dedicated to regions to ward off the language trouble.
Quote:
I am speaking about the representatives who pick the call at 08044448080 itself. They no nothing else but hindi. I prefer English or even Kannada if the situation demands. When they give you an option to select your preferred language, they must also have people who are fluent in the language.
Exactly, trying the above number is the only way I can get through to customer care. The 1800 number just keeps me on hold indefinitely. And when I get through, I get agents who speak only Hindi. I would think there would be at least English speaking agents if not Kannada or any other regional language. I have not experienced Tata sky customer care so don't know how that is.
Old 11th October 2012, 19:14   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
whats the best DTH for just HD channels and they provide such options. I want the damage to be less than 200 a month for only HD and i dont care about other channels.

Have a STB which has every other channel paying around 135 rupees.
I am using Videocon d2h HD.They have the highest number of HD channels and recently they have added Dolby 5.1 sound also to most of the HD channels.
So really happy with my decision.
I am paying around 441 for south platinum pack,which covers almost all the channels including HD.
If i pay for 6months,you get 20days free,which will further reduce the cost.
I watch HD channels most of the time and sometimes tamil channels.
I got a bit confused with the package selection so i opted for the highest package.
You can check their website for the preferred package.
Old 11th October 2012, 21:56   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
I admit that it's not a sure thing. I've only needed to call Airtel twice in the last 2.5 years and was fortunate to have been served by those who speak/understood Kannada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Exactly, trying the above number is the only way I can get through to customer care. The 1800 number just keeps me on hold indefinitely. And when I get through, I get agents who speak only Hindi. I would think there would be at least English speaking agents if not Kannada or any other regional language. I have not experienced Tata sky customer care so don't know how that is.
I have Airtel and Tata Sky installed; and my experience with both have been good. There really is no need to call them if you've faultless hardware and know which package you want. If you top up once a year and change the batteries, you'll be set.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:50   #1840
BHPian

I need to recharge my Airtel HD DVR connection and was browsing the packages available. The Magnum HD pack that has all the 306 channels is priced at 591 and South Ultra 15 HD that has only 215 channels is priced at 621/pm. I am little confused as to why would Airtel price a package with all the channels lower than a package that has only subset of the channels. Is there anything I am missing here? Before I change my package from South Ultra to Magnum HD, I wanted to check with the experts here if there are any hidden surprises
Old 12th October 2012, 13:32   #1841
Senior - BHPian

Team,

All of a sudden TATA SKY HD has become expensive. Instead of Rs 250pm, I have to shell out Rs 450Pm due to their HD access fee policy that was introduced recently.

Should I continue with TATA SKY HD or should I switch to Videocon DTH HD ?

Please suggest.
Old 12th October 2012, 14:43   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

All of a sudden TATA SKY HD has become expensive. Instead of Rs 250pm, I have to shell out Rs 450Pm due to their HD access fee policy that was introduced recently.

Should I continue with TATA SKY HD or should I switch to Videocon DTH HD ?

Please suggest.
Everybodys talking about GSAT-10 and how it will benefit TATA Sky. If it is to be believed, there will be major upgrade in terms of number of channels +HD channels addition in coming months. Would be better if you can wait till Jan (3 more Months) and then take a call. We will know exactly what their strategy is by then! If they still continue to increase their rates with every channel addition, then it might be time to shift.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:36   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
I need to recharge my Airtel HD DVR connection and was browsing the packages available. The Magnum HD pack that has all the 306 channels is priced at 591 and South Ultra 15 HD that has only 215 channels is priced at 621/pm. I am little confused as to why would Airtel price a package with all the channels lower than a package that has only subset of the channels. Is there anything I am missing here? Before I change my package from South Ultra to Magnum HD, I wanted to check with the experts here if there are any hidden surprises
Is a typo, confirmed by Airtel rep when I spoke with them while upgrading mine to Magnum HD pack yesterday.

They also happened to mention that I wouldn't automatically get subscribed to any new channels that they may launch and will have to pay to get those. I can only verify that when thy do launch a new channel. Do you know anything about this ?
Old 24th October 2012, 22:11   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Is a typo, confirmed by Airtel rep when I spoke with them while upgrading mine to Magnum HD pack yesterday.

They also happened to mention that I wouldn't automatically get subscribed to any new channels that they may launch and will have to pay to get those. I can only verify that when thy do launch a new channel. Do you know anything about this ?
When I contacted the Airtel rep, they did not know why Magnum is priced lesser than Ultra pack. They also mentioned that whenever they add new channels, those will automatically be available for Magnum pack customers. As you said, we can verify this only when they launch a new channel. I have subscribed to Magnum HD 3 month pack for Rs.1684.
Old 25th October 2012, 09:25   #1845
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Everybodys talking about GSAT-10 and how it will benefit TATA Sky. If it is to be believed, there will be major upgrade in terms of number of channels +HD channels addition in coming months.
Thanks. Now I have a schedule. I was wondering how and when will Tata offer more channels (esp. HD). I have a two room subscription (one HD+) and I think I have been with TataSky since 2003 or 2004 (basically when they started in Kanpur). I have been very happy with the service. I know the earlier satellite which they were hoping for was a dud (or rather the launch was)!.

Last edited by sgiitk : 25th October 2012 at 09:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks