Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 21:30   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/packages.aspx

Is it possible to opt for a North package, while your actual location is in South ?
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:03   #1922
BHPian

Just saw a teaser on airtel digital TV.

"Two ad free HBO channels coming soon"
Although unlikely but it would be great if they launch in HD as well.
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:43   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/packages.aspx

Is it possible to opt for a North package, while your actual location is in South ?
Yes, you can opt for any package as per your needs.
Old 23rd February 2013, 23:29   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Just saw a teaser on airtel digital TV.

"Two ad free HBO channels coming soon"
Although unlikely but it would be great if they launch in HD as well.
I think one of them, HBO Defined, would be 1080i with 5.1, just log on to the HBO south asia site, this is launched on Dish TV from the 21st and airtel coming soon.
I have a Tata Sky and no mention of these channel. Guess i need to keep waiting :(
Old 24th February 2013, 09:47   #1925
J.Ravi

We were shocked to see an error message last night to the effect that we were not subscribed for any of the packages, when we switched on Tata Sky multi TV SD STB.

This is the story: we have Tata Sky multi TV connection comprising 1 HD and 1 SD STB with annual Mega South HD subscription in Bangalore. We were away at Chennai for the last 1.5 months. During our absence, my children used to watch HD TV and the SD TV remained unused in our absence. Last night, when my wife switched on SD TV, the screen was blank.

When I talked to the customer care, he answered some vague, nonsensical unprofessional way like it happens one-in-million cases, the system automatically deactivates the STB if it remained unused for a few days, etc. When questioned why was I not intimated about the deactivation when we subscribed for the annual package, he did not give a satisfactory answer, but assured that the SD STB would be activated immediately. My wife watched the programme on the SD TV later. This confusion we had was at 9:30 pm last night!

Old 24th February 2013, 21:58   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
When I talked to the customer care, he answered some vague, nonsensical unprofessional way like it happens one-in-million cases, the system automatically deactivates the STB if it remained unused for a few days, etc.
I see you might get something good in return for this hassle.

Ask them to extend your subscription validity based on the time period that that the connection was deactivated.

You may quote the earlier interaction and ask them why you should pay for those months/ days if they had deactivated the service.

Edit: Threaten to discontinue their service if firm demand does not work in the first instance.
Old 24th February 2013, 23:12   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
We were shocked to see an error message last night to the effect that we were not subscribed for any of the packages, when we switched on Tata Sky multi TV SD STB.

This is the story: we have Tata Sky multi TV connection comprising 1 HD and 1 SD STB with annual Mega South HD subscription in Bangalore. We were away at Chennai for the last 1.5 months. During our absence, my children used to watch HD TV and the SD TV remained unused in our absence. Last night, when my wife switched on SD TV, the screen was blank.

When I talked to the customer care, he answered some vague, nonsensical unprofessional way like it happens one-in-million cases, the system automatically deactivates the STB if it remained unused for a few days, etc. When questioned why was I not intimated about the deactivation when we subscribed for the annual package, he did not give a satisfactory answer, but assured that the SD STB would be activated immediately. My wife watched the programme on the SD TV later. This confusion we had was at 9:30 pm last night!
I have undergone this experience multiple times. When it happened the first time I got the same stupid response by the customer care guy. The second time I told them very clearly that it is my decision to keep the secondary box running or not running; as far as i am paying they have no legal right to disconnect this way. Ever since I have had no repetitions on this. However this is an extremely logic TS is following
Old 25th February 2013, 07:59   #1928
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Threaten to discontinue their service if firm demand does not work in the first instance.
Thanks, S_U_N. I got refund of Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 832
Size:  578 Bytes 500+ from Tata Sky in Chennai while subscribing for annual mega HD pack as the icons of channels shown in their website could not be watched by me compelling me to pay additional Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 832
Size:  578 Bytes 500+ subsequently. After protracted interaction with their customer care, I got the additional amount credited to my account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have undergone this experience multiple times.
Thanks, sumathindra. I think, this happens across all the DTH services. My brother-in-law told me that he too was a victim of this automatic deactivation by Sun Direct DTH at Chennai.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th February 2013 at 08:01.

Old 25th February 2013, 14:02   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, S_U_N. I got refund of Attachment 1055417 500+ from Tata Sky in Chennai while subscribing for annual mega HD pack as the icons of channels shown in their website could not be watched by me compelling me to pay additional Attachment 1055417 500+ subsequently.
Good to know that you got a fair deal.

What do you mean when you say "icons of channels could not be watched by me"?
Some channels in the pack were not enabled for you?
Old 25th February 2013, 14:22   #1930
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What do you mean when you say "icons of channels could not be watched by me"?
When I subscribed for annual mega HD pack, the website menu contained the icons of Sun Network channels with a fine-print of exclusion of the same!

Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-tataskymegahdpack.png

Quote:
Some channels in the pack were not enabled for you?
When I pointed out this to Tata Sky, I was asked to pay the additional amount to watch Sun Network, which I promptly did. I then escalated the matter with the screen-shot to the Tata Sky higher-ups questioning the logic of inclusion of icons of excluded channels that would misguide the subscribers. Later, one staffer called me, apologised for the goof-up and promised to credit the additional amount paid by me to my account, which was done later. After my escalation, the icons of Sun Network were removed from the menu!

Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-annualmegahdpack2.png

Click Offer 4 in this link to see the above revised menu excluding Sun Network channels.

Old 25th February 2013, 16:27   #1931
BHPian

I have to renew my subscription in a few days and I was quoted the below figures:

Primary connection (mega pack HD) Rs.6900/- and Secondary connection Rs.1760/-. Total Rs.8660/-. These guys are becoming expensive every year! I am on the mega pack since 4 years now and still have to negotiate with them. In talks with them to see if I can get a discount and also exploring when more HD channels will be added.

Last edited by sumathindra : 25th February 2013 at 16:29. Reason: edits
Old 25th February 2013, 17:56   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I think one of them, HBO Defined, would be 1080i with 5.1, just log on to the HBO south asia site, this is launched on Dish TV from the 21st and airtel coming soon.
I have a Tata Sky and no mention of these channel. Guess i need to keep waiting :(
I spoke to TS today and was told that it may take 2 months for these I also questioned him if they have the bandwidth to add more channels and he was stumped and responded "will get back to you" This is so very frustrating i tell you.
Old 28th February 2013, 01:11   #1933
BHPian

2 new movie channels HBO Defined. & HBO Hits introduced in Airtel DTH and it's free till 21st of March. They are available in channels 199 & 200 respectively.
Old 7th March 2013, 23:28   #1934
Team-BHP Support

Anyone having issues with the TataSky signal just now? My set top box shows not receiving signal for the last one hour suddenly. Went outside and saw some clouds but clear skies.
Old 8th March 2013, 00:22   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Anyone having issues with the TataSky signal just now? My set top box shows not receiving signal for the last one hour suddenly. Went outside and saw some clouds but clear skies.
nope. TS is working properly, well yes there has been massive power cuts in Jayanagar since late evening today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks