Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 12:05   #2116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Is star world premiere hd channel coming on tata sky?
Old 13th September 2013, 15:53   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Finally opted for TSHD+ Mega South HD annual pack after sitting on the fence for 1 year , Customer service guys were v.good in clearly all doubts and installation completed in 1.5 hrs after payment . even the installation was done properly and very happy with quality work done .The difference is immense compared to my old STB .have already recorded moto gp and couple of other programs and saves lot of time since you can skip all advts and finish viewing 1/2 hr slot in about 20 mins .
@ Rm_Arjuna,

Thinking of upgrading as well. I currently have a regular SD Tata Sky set top box. The best deal they say for TSHD+ is 4,990/-

Did you get any better offer ?
Also is this HD monthly fee of Rs 100/- standard, in addition to the HD channels you opt and pay for ?
Old 13th September 2013, 17:00   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
@ Rm_Arjuna,

Thinking of upgrading as well. I currently have a regular SD Tata Sky set top box. The best deal they say for TSHD+ is 4,990/-

Did you get any better offer ?
Also is this HD monthly fee of Rs 100/- standard, in addition to the HD channels you opt and pay for ?
I am a new customer to TS,however my friend wanted to upgrade from SD to HD+,he was also given the same option and he opted for HD box which costed addl. Rs.1500. Only in megaHD annual pack the price is inclusive of HD access fee which works to Rs.1200 pa otherwise monthly charge of Rs.100 is applicable in all other packs.
Old 14th September 2013, 09:26   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
TataSky's doesn't have the concept of paying additional amount for HD channels. If you pay the monthly HD access fee, you get access to all HD transmissions of channels in your subscribed channels list, if available on TS.
Old 14th September 2013, 19:23   #2120
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to a CS exec. from TS and these chaps have no idea regarding the new channel. The guy tells me that he will take a feedback request regarding the query and someone will get back "once the marketing department chaps are made aware regarding the new channel"

The chappy further informed that the free showcase movies on Mega pack have been reduced from 12 to 6. The charges for the Mega HD pack remain @6400, seems competition has had some effect somewhere.

The overall quality of the call centre in terms of the executives themselves is poor compared to where they were a year back. I opt for Punjabi as the language and earlier always used to get well informed, mature executives with great control on their diction. Now (today and a couple of months back) I land up with chaps who are in a tearing hurry to get through the call, have no information available and are only interested in egging one on towards the payment IVR. While I have no qualms about speaking in Hindi or English (as long as the executive does not have the artificial american accent) but why the tearing hurry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is star world premiere hd channel coming on tata sky?
Old 16th September 2013, 12:14   #2121
BHPian

Hi,

Called up Airtel DTH support today, asking for details on upgrading to Recorder functionality. The Airtel DVR box costs Rs.4990/- when upgrading from a normal HD box.

A new Tata Sky HD recorder connection is costing 7250/-. Does it make sense to change over? Can any one compare their HD quality and no. of HD channels offered?

MaSh
Old 16th September 2013, 13:30   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Can someone confirm whether Tata Sky's Mega Pack has HBO Defined and HBO Hits channel as well? Their Grand Sports Pack doesn't.

Also, upgrading to their Mega Pack at 5500 p.a. is what I'm planning, any disadvantages to annual subscriptions?
Old 16th September 2013, 15:42   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I am a new customer to TS,however my friend wanted to upgrade from SD to HD+,he was also given the same option and he opted for HD box which costed addl. Rs.1500. Only in megaHD annual pack the price is inclusive of HD access fee which works to Rs.1200 pa otherwise monthly charge of Rs.100 is applicable in all other packs.
I was given an option to convert my tatasky SD to HD by paying just Rs.990. And the monthly HD channels access fee is Rs.100 in addition to the packages we select. If an HD channel is available as part of that package, then we may view this HD channel if we had paid this access fee. I think this conversion is without recording facility.
Old 16th September 2013, 16:58   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Can someone confirm whether Tata Sky's Mega Pack has HBO Defined and HBO Hits channel as well? Also, upgrading to their Mega Pack at 5500 p.a. is what I'm planning, any disadvantages to annual subscriptions?
No it does not. As a matter of fact TS does not have the above 2 channels mentioned by you. I have been chasing them for a definitive response however no light till now

I am on the annual mega pack since 5 to 6 years now. The advantage is any new channel introduced comes free at no additional cost. You get to watch 12 showcase subscription movies free. However the flip side is it is expensive!

Last edited by sumathindra : 16th September 2013 at 17:01. Reason: edits
Old 16th September 2013, 17:15   #2125
Senior - BHPian

Which is best DTH service provider in Ahmedabad? Right now my brother is happy with Videocon but we are looking for a new service provider for another TV.
Old 16th September 2013, 17:17   #2126
Senior - BHPian

12 is a number lost in the mists of time. As of April or was it June this year the number of free showcase movies stands reduced to 6. I recharged my Mega pack about a half hour ago and reconfirmed the same with the CS executive, 6 it is for all Mega packs recharged after the above dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
You get to watch 12 showcase subscription movies free. However the flip side is it is expensive!
Old 16th September 2013, 18:26   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
12 is a number lost in the mists of time. As of April or was it June this year the number of free showcase movies stands reduced to 6. I recharged my Mega pack about a half hour ago and reconfirmed the same with the CS executive, 6 it is for all Mega packs recharged after the above dates.
Yes you are right, it is 10 and not 12 and since my last recharge sometime in March this year, I have not seen even one!

Not sure how you were told 6! You may want to check with them again.
Old 17th September 2013, 13:00   #2128
BHPian

i had tatasky SD 2 years back.used it for few months and never used later.

i do have the smart card with me.i would like to know if its possible to restart the service.
i believe tatasky is converting all boxes to MPEG4.
what would be the extra cost involved?
Old 17th September 2013, 15:08   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes you are right, it is 10 and not 12 and since my last recharge sometime in March this year, I have not seen even one!

Not sure how you were told 6! You may want to check with them again.
Khoj is right. 6 for mega pack annual subscription, 12 for biennial. It used to be 12 for annual:
http://www.tatasky.com/mega-packs.html
Old 17th September 2013, 17:35   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i had tatasky SD 2 years back.used it for few months and never used later.

i do have the smart card with me.i would like to know if its possible to restart the service.
i believe tatasky is converting all boxes to MPEG4.
what would be the extra cost involved?
They are converting it free of charge.
Better give customer care a call and check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks