Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2014, 16:20   #2266

Re: Reliance Digital DTH Escalation options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Thanks! I have left a complaint with the Info & Broadcast. Now the wait, begins!
Any update you got from Info & Broadcast team.
Old 18th March 2014, 21:36   #2267
BHPian

Re: Reliance Digital DTH Escalation options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
Any update you got from Info & Broadcast team.
Recently, got an mail saying the complaint has been received and they are working on it.
Old 24th March 2014, 00:45   #2268
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Asking the million dollar question...

Tata Sky or Videocon DTH?

We spent over 6 hours to find that...
Expensive Tata sky has excellent customer support that delivers what they promise with highest quality programs that are certainly not value for money

While Videocon DTH offers best value for money over ultra pathetic customer support where they offer troubles & frustrations at free of cost

Having understood both the offerings thoroughly, I've no questions on Tata sky, but to owners of Videocon. Owners please advise, how can I stay cautious? Is there some real tip or trick where I can get better support every time? How frequently does the STB breaks down? Quite apprehensive after seeing a dedicated menu for STB repair on their website & hence asking.

Appreciate your responses. Tks
Old 24th March 2014, 11:32   #2269
BHPian

Been using the Videocon d2H for the past 2 years .
1. Installation happened on the same day as payment.
2 installation for the 2nd stb happened on the same day.(1yr later)
3.Stb hasn't gone kaput so far ever.
4.Had to only once call the CC that too i tried via twitter and got a call back within an hour.

So far no complaints.
Do not know about Tata.
Maximum number of HD channels was my take away.
Old 24th March 2014, 12:45   #2270
BHPian

Does the Videocon D2H STB start up immediately. Does it show annoying ads like Zee DishTV at startup? My 3 Zee Dishtv STBs take like 45-60 seconds minimum to start up and show ads during that time, probably intentionally. I dont understand why we are subjected to all this when we pay premium pricing of 600+ rs a month for the HD platinum pack...
We always power down the STB completely (power is switched off) when not in use.
Old 24th March 2014, 12:48   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Been using the...HD channels was my take away.
Thank you

As I get into details, it's getting more & more confused

Videocon D2H offers the best deal on all channels including HD+SD & STB for Rs 6600 that includes most of the channels that we don't need. In addition for a small fee, we also get recorder facility for USB

Working at the channels SD+HD & STB that we need (no excess) to Tata Sky, we're getting for Rs 7500

We're not TV people & yet don't want to miss some important programs so recorder is quite attractive offer. Never been in such a terrible confusion!!
Old 24th March 2014, 12:59   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Thank you

As I get into details, it's getting more & more confused

Videocon D2H offers the best deal on all channels including HD+SD & STB for Rs 6600 that includes most of the channels that we don't need. In addition for a small fee, we also get recorder facility for USB

Working at the channels SD+HD & STB that we need (no excess) to Tata Sky, we're getting for Rs 7500

We're not TV people & yet don't want to miss some important programs so recorder is quite attractive offer. Never been in such a terrible confusion!!
their platinum HD pack is the most vfm.
Agreed we do not watch most of the channels.
But then there has to be an equal comparison.

I do not know about tata sky but when I recharge my account for a year I get another 40 days free. So overall the cost reduces further.

As regards PQ, I own a 42' and a 40' LED at home and cannot expect it to be any better.
Maybe one can or will be able to notice the difference if you have a 55' and above TV as experts say.

I dont think unless you own a large TV point of comparison is going to be PQ.

For me it was ASS and economy and Videocon beat Tata in money.
But over the last 2 years I havent had a single complain and so ASS for me has been good as well.

Alas its your decision!
Old 24th March 2014, 13:19   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For me it was ASS and economy and Videocon beat Tata in money
100% agreed & I don't think anyone can beat Videocon DTH in terms of the value they're offering for the money.

Quote:
Alas its your decision!
Sorry that I had to go with Tata Sky; ordered Grand Sports package that comes with free 2 months HD access & HD STB without recorder for Rs 5381.

Though we were 100% biased towards Videocon DTH this morning, especially on hearing their Rs 6600 offer (still I think it's pure VFM) the following were the reasons as why we had to stick to Tata Sky

1. Call up Videocon support, I hear an extremely loud background noises. When asked why, they said it was because there were 360 call center people working.
2. Yesterday, they were not at all answering to the point & they were helpful to raise my BP levels. However today, there were some support personnel (with complimentary background noises) who answered to point & were helpful
3. Very very apprehensive about the quality of their STB & service levels due to several complaints floating around the internet including TBhp
4. Even the local slang of customer support people was bad (the local Madras Tamil)

COMPARED TO
1. The eagerness to do the business with Tata Sky (obviously you get for what you pay)
2. They followed up twice to get hold of the business in an hour's time
3. Again, the brand name Tata + the positive reviews of Tata Sky floating in the internet. When we wanted the connection tomorrow, they promised this evening (will keep posted as how everything went)
4. Customer support was willing to LISTEN what we say & answer precise to the point

Last but not the least, during the hour of need (STB broken, unable to view channels etc), it's the customer support & the high level service that keeps the low downtime. With the kind of reviews on both these providers, my faith goes towards Tata.
Old 25th March 2014, 19:21   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Does the Videocon D2H STB start up immediately. Does it show annoying ads like Zee DishTV at startup? My 3 Zee Dishtv STBs take like 45-60 seconds minimum to start up and show ads during that time, probably intentionally. I dont understand why we are subjected to all this when we pay premium pricing of 600+ rs a month for the HD platinum pack...
We always power down the STB completely (power is switched off) when not in use.
Note: Assuming you posted this because you started experiencing this issue 'only' recently (like me), that too after an automatically pushed update to the hd stb.
When not in use I too 'switch' off the connection. So every time it starts up, now it has a black screen showing a wait time of 30-45 seconds for 'booting' up and soon later a color screen (like the home screen with in house ads) which again stays for about 10 secs or so. Now, this is QUITE a lengthy a period considering that the earlier start up period where it showed a progress bar of 0% to 100%, that took about 10 to 20 seconds or more in itself was perceived to be more. I am about to raise a ticket on this with CS.
Meanwhile when I talked to my neighbor he too said it has such wait times, but he was getting it even before he said. Strangely again, he told me that he got 2 updates in the last 1 year where as i remember 'this' was the only 1 update that i got during the same period. not sure if family came to notice any update when i am not around.
And I am not sure of or experienced the wait times normally felt in other set top boxes. Except that I have seen asianet set top boxes (non dth) cisco make used to have quite long wait times (when compared to my past d2h or tsky boxes)
Old 29th March 2014, 21:56   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Note: Assuming you posted this because you started experiencing this issue 'only' recently (like me), that too after an automatically pushed update to the hd stb.

When not in use I too 'switch' off the connection. So every time it starts up, now it has a black screen showing a wait time of 30-45 seconds for 'booting' up and soon later a color screen (like the home screen with in house ads) which again stays for about 10 secs or so. Now, this is QUITE a lengthy a period considering that the earlier start up period where it showed a progress bar of 0% to 100%, that took about 10 to 20 seconds or more in itself was perceived to be more. I am about to raise a ticket on this with CS.
Well there's some effect after I persisted on my complaint to get a decent boot up time (read: not any worser) and caught up with the biggies. My stb got replaced with the latest. Boot time is down by a third. The new RF remote is thinnerrr & lighterrr. Additional usb (havnt subscribed to this yet) and lan port (4 future?) available. So, remains a happy customer,...still..!
Old 7th May 2014, 09:27   #2276
BANNED

I have been using Dish for 9 years now. Now 9 year old Dish box is not as smooth as before. Keeps getting stuck for a few seconds every now and then. If I am anyhow buying a new box, I was wondering if I should change my provider also.

I was looking at different providers and Videocon D2H seems to have the most number of channels I want - how is Videocon reception, customer service etc as compared to other providers?
Old 7th May 2014, 10:08   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have been using Dish for 9 years now. Now 9 year old Dish box is not as smooth as before. Keeps getting stuck for a few seconds every now and then. If I am anyhow buying a new box, I was wondering if I should change my provider also.

I was looking at different providers and Videocon D2H seems to have the most number of channels I want - how is Videocon reception, customer service etc as compared to other providers?

I am in the same boat but been holding back from the switch due to following reasons
Other STBs too are sluggish (Videocon) and slow to boot up.
The channel package (Tatasky) does not include Neo I think and tennis season will be impacted
Old 7th May 2014, 10:12   #2278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Other STBs too are sluggish (Videocon) and slow to boot up.
Hmm, one of the reasons I am moving is because the DISH box is sluggish. So if videocon is also sluggish, that doesn't bode well.
Old 7th May 2014, 10:49   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Hmm, one of the reasons I am moving is because the DISH box is sluggish. So if videocon is also sluggish, that doesn't bode well.
Yes Videocon HD boxes are sluggish, it take almost 5 seconds to change channel sometimes after we press the button.
Old 7th May 2014, 10:50   #2280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes Videocon HD boxes are sluggish, it take almost 5 seconds to change channel sometimes after we press the button.
What about the SD boxes - are they also sluggish - anyone using them here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks