Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 13:10   #2446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
We have a DTH dish at home and we have been able to watch all the free channels with this.
Sometimes the alignment may need to be corrected of your overhead dish and the lnb. Who setup this DTH for you? What satellites are you aligned for?
Old 18th February 2016, 08:19   #2447
BHPian

Looks like the new era is ultimately all set to begin. Don't know much about this company but there will be many more to follow. A company by name Lukup media has started a service called dual play combining internet and TV plus some other services, here is the link;

http://m.moneycontrol.com/news/wire-...s_5523221.html

Guys pour in your opinions.
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:18   #2448
BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available

Hello Team,

Can anyone please explain to me how the Airtel HD DTH billing cycle, packs etc work? I didn't have a TV before, but had to get a new one for our full time house keeper. I bought a new Airtel DTH connection along with it, but the guy who came to install didn't explain anything.

Now I have the South Max Sun 30 HD along with some topups, totalling to Rs. 553. I recharged on 1st Jan for Rs 500 but my subscription ran out on 22nd itself. Please help me out with this.

Regards,
Syed
Attached Thumbnails
Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-screenshot_20160222142148.png  

Old 22nd February 2016, 21:26   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Videocon D2H scam

Guy's there is a new scam going on with Videocon d2h.

They regularly do some kind of update on the STB and it get's stuck like every 6 month's. The only way to rectify this is if they sent an Engineer to your home for which they charge 150 Rs (if you are out of warranty) and they complete the update with a USB stick.

Now they go one better too. The Engineer who comes won't bring the right update on the USB and they claim that the STB needs to be replaced for 500 Rs. They did the same thing to me but I escalated the matter higher up and the same Engineer came home later with the right update and later updated the STB successfully for 150 Rs.

Beware guy's don't get fooled by these cheats.
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:44   #2450
BHPian

Re: Videocon D2H scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post

They regularly do some kind of update on the STB and it get's stuck like every 6 month's. The only way to rectify this is if they sent an Engineer to your home for which they charge 150 Rs (if you are out of warranty) and they complete the update with a USB stick.

Now they go one better too. The Engineer who comes won't bring the right update on the USB and they claim that the STB needs to be replaced for 500 Rs. They did the same thing to me but I escalated the matter higher up and the same Engineer came home later with the right update and later updated the STB successfully for 150 Rs.

I am experiencing similar jittery nature of reception these days in my d2h.
Couple of months back (it was unfortunate at my side though) I had reception problems, engineer visit was made and it turned out to be a nearby tree had outgrown over the dish (at 2nd slab level) which i failed to notice/check before call. (lesson learnt)
From last week on wards again getting longer outages. Would have to check if issue is some thing as reported above related to forced error in updates. (I have the white STB with RF remote)
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:18   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Videocon D2H scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
From last week on wards again getting longer outages. Would have to check if issue is some thing as reported above related to forced error in updates. (I have the white STB with RF remote)
Yeah please check if your dish has moved etc. Usually if it is a forced error, the STB just hangs, the RF does not respond to any inputs. The front screen will not load.
Old 20th May 2016, 19:43   #2452
Senior - BHPian

We stopped DishTV almost two years ago. A few months ago, my dad told me about Free Dish. So, he got a set top box for Rs. 850 and asked me to connect it in place of my DishTV set top box.
Now I get around 150 free to air channels - there is no subscription fee.

Lot of educational, news, music and regional channels in there - though we don't watch it much, but this is still a good-to-have setup.

Thought of posting here in case someone is not aware.
Old 20th May 2016, 20:15   #2453

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post

Just been in this situation. I have Tata Sky connection n we were out for a week for summer vacation. When we returned then STB was not receiving any power. After registering complain, engineer came n replaced with so called new STB. Actually it was repaired STB. As my connection is still in warranty, they didn't charge me but picture quality is not as good as earlier. Now after reading here, I wil escalate this issue. Let's hope for good.
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:40   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
We stopped DishTV almost two years ago. A few months ago, my dad told me about Free Dish. So, he got a set top box for Rs. 850 and asked me to connect it in place of my DishTV set top box.
Now I get around 150 free to air channels - there is no subscription fee.

Lot of educational, news, music and regional channels in there - though we don't watch it much, but this is still a good-to-have setup.

Thought of posting here in case someone is not aware.
Interesting. Even we have a tatasky dish on our roof which is not being used. Wondering if we can do the same with this dish without much changes?

PS: I do not have the tools (whatever that is needed to align the dish to the satellite / angle) with me. I too can go & bring a DD STB and hook it up if confirmed.
Old 14th July 2016, 13:04   #2455
BHPian

Have been on Airtel DTH for the past 3 years and now my renewal is coming up.

For some odd reason which I cannot put my finger on, I am not entirely satisfied with Airtel and am wondering if there is something better out there.

I mostly record and watch HD channels and South Indian music channels. I always buy the most expensive pack usually for a year, but with Airtel I have noticed that I always seem to miss a few channels that I may like to watch.

Videocon D2H had rave reviews once upon a time, but now the reviews seem to be mixed. With Tata Sky, I am not sure how many HD channels I would actually get.

What do you think I should go for?
Old 14th July 2016, 13:34   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Go with TataSky. They have more HD channels than D2h now.
Old 14th July 2016, 14:30   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Go with TataSky. They have more HD channels than D2h now.
Thanks, I think I will go for Tata Sky.

Seems a bit pricey, but their Ultra Plus South HD package seems to include all the channels and it appears they may add new channels free of cost as they come to this package.

How is their service by the way? Any idea how they compare to Airtel?
Old 14th July 2016, 14:37   #2458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Are you sure ? I use Tata Sky at my in laws and handling separate remotes for TV & STB is very irritating. Airtel is very convenient that way.
Old 14th July 2016, 14:53   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
handling separate remotes for TV & STB is very irritating. Airtel is very convenient that way.
Tata Sky also gives universal programmable remote now. If you don't have one, you can buy it from eBay. That's what I did for my older STBs.
Old 14th July 2016, 19:48   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post

Seems a bit pricey, ...
Call the TataSky customer service and ask for the best deal they can offer. I recently switched from Videocon and could not find a deal on line that matched what the customer service chap offered me.
I've always had one TataSky connection going and had taken Videocon for the second TV three years ago; but now I am back to both TataSky, not multiTV deal; both TVs independent, two separate dishes.
The new remote controls are programmable ones and can learn the TV remote functions.

Never used Airtel so I cannot answer that for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks