Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 13:44   #2476
BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
In my opinion you should switch to TataSky. Videocon is no more what they were when they began.
I do NOT know, what is the issue. In the recent past, TSky has been moving around their channel numbers quite a lot. When will they settle down?
Old 26th July 2016, 13:53   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
... In the recent past, TSky has been moving around their channel numbers quite a lot. When will they settle down?
Is that a deal breaker? They have a very large number of HD channels and their SD channels are also great! Best of all, barring Dish TV, I think it's the best deal available at the moment.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:06   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Is that a deal breaker?
Nope. But it is a nuisance, like once it is OK. But, again and again like moving the same channels around one wouldn't get which is where.
Old 27th July 2016, 01:10   #2479
BHPian

I prefer multi channel audio over standard 2 channel audio, and for that reason I have switched to Airtel digital TV HD from Dish TV.
Airtel claims 7.1 Dolby digital plus audio but I hardly find channels broadcasting Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound. I request Tata sky and Video con users to comment on this subject so that I can switch to them if any of them offer better sound quality than the Airtel and Dish TV.
Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2016, 19:57   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
I prefer multi channel audio over standard 2 channel audio, and for that reason I have switched to Airtel digital TV HD from Dish TV.
Airtel claims 7.1 Dolby digital plus audio but I hardly find channels broadcasting Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound. I request Tata sky and Video con users to comment on this subject so that I can switch to them if any of them offer better sound quality than the Airtel and Dish TV.
Thanks in advance.
With Videocon D2H HD box and S/PDIF out connection to the home theatre, I get good surround sound on HD channels with Dolby audio. We have to switch to that audio track using remote for each channel,while playing.
Old 20th December 2016, 12:54   #2481
BHPian

People in Chennai, is your Videocon D2H working post cyclone? Mine is not. I know a couple in our locality that are not working. Calls to customer care ask you to press 1 for refresh and get cut. I get home channel with lots of blurs. If I change to any other channel, it is back to square one with the message STB not getting signal. I have written to customer care and also raised a complaint from website. No response so far.
Old 20th December 2016, 20:17   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
People in Chennai, is your Videocon D2H working post cyclone? Mine is not. I know a couple in our locality that are not working. Calls to customer care ask you to press 1 for refresh and get cut. I get home channel with lots of blurs. If I change to any other channel, it is back to square one with the message STB not getting signal. I have written to customer care and also raised a complaint from website. No response so far.
Your dish may have got misaligned due to heavy winds during the cyclone. I think a realignment of the dish will fix the issue.
Old 20th December 2016, 20:23   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
Your dish may have got misaligned due to heavy winds during the cyclone. I think a realignment of the dish will fix the issue.
Agree with gopalnayak - could be because of dish misalignment. Can you confirm from Settings>Diagnostics>Signal strength on your STB if the received strength is adequate(>70dbm). Else, you could slightly adjust the dish to see if you are able to recover the orientation.

I have Airteldth and initially i also had the same issue. After adjusting the dish now I am able to view properly after the rains.
Old 21st December 2016, 16:03   #2484
BHPian

Thanks gopalnayak and concorde24, I did manage to get to speak to a customer care executive and raised a complaint. They have said 5 days for resolution. I have checked with a few of our neighbors and they are also not having any signal.
Old 21st December 2016, 17:38   #2485
BHPian

Just had a question for DTH users in Mumbai. We have a TATA SKY connection at home and might be looking to get another connection. I just wanted to know what are the other choices apart from TATA SKY? It is not that I am unhappy with TATA SKY but just wanted to check if people here have good experience with other DTH providers too? Advice here would be greatly appreciated!
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:22   #2486
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Have been on Videocon D2h for the past 3 years. And recently, they took Asianet among others off from the base pack. Now thinking if I shoud switch or not.
I don't think so. I am on the South Silver pack and I have Asianet.

You need to choose a couple of free add on language packs that come with every base pack. I suspect Malayalam is not amongst one of these two add on packs in your case.

Call the customer care and get one of these two add ons changed to Malayalam. After that you should be able to watch all Malayalam channels, including Asianet.
Old 23rd December 2016, 10:00   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I don't think so. I am on the South Silver pack and I have Asianet.

You need to choose a couple of free add on language packs that come with every base pack. I suspect Malayalam is not amongst one of these two add on packs in your case.

Call the customer care and get one of these two add ons changed to Malayalam. After that you should be able to watch all Malayalam channels, including Asianet.
Thanks Oxy. THis was resolved a while back. They did their magic after I called them up. The first CC guy switched me to the platinum pack! this was resolved after an escalation.
Old 7th May 2017, 15:51   #2488
BHPian

Anybody using DD Free dish / freedish (earlier Direct +) here in Bangalore? How many FTA malayalam and tamil channels are in it?
Old 19th June 2017, 12:32   #2489
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently bought AirTel internet TV box and the experience is really amazing. It's miles ahead than the TCCL HD box setup. Too many options and bluetooth remote greatly makes more sense. Selecting any channel would be a breeze (just say the channel name decently by pressing that mic button on the remote). Also, controls the entire STD by using appropriate AirTel game app.

Now the disappointment part, though I wanted to post this in home theatre thread, This thread more relevant than that one considering that I'm facing an issue with only AirTel HD STB.

Yesterday bought Pioneer VSX-531K as my old received VSX-522K gone kaput after serving very well 5 years.

When I connected the STB HDMI to AVR HDMI IN (SAT/CBL), I hear only the Audio from the speakers and the HDMI not passing any Video through AVR. I tried to connect multiple HDMI cables/slots in the AVR. But no luck. When I connected the BD player on the same I get both AV.

Finally I connected the STB to TV directly through HDMI and used SPDIF for Audio through AVR. Though I'm really enjoying the sound output now, I don't understand why there is no Video from HDMI. Any suggestions/inputs please.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:25   #2490
BHPian

Folks, any idea when the Jio DTH is expected to hit the market?
Tatasky is now costing a bomb, it was 15+k for us this year, 4 TVs with HD boxes.

Even if we don't switch to Jio DTH, it is bound to bring a reality check for Tatasky and maybe my renewal fees will see some reduction..

I'm due for renewal in Dec'17 :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks