Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2020, 15:07   #2536
BANNED

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available

I have had DishTV for a really long time now. But in the last few years, I am very unhappy with their service. The repair technicians who attend to my calls are all cheats who try to cheat me. And problems have also increased - it's almost as if someone who comes to repair one problem engineers the next problem to occur after a few months. Have had to change the box, the adapter, the LNB everything multiple times. My parents also have DishTV & they have also faced issues.

Any other DTH provider who has good, not cheat service in the eastern suburbs of Bombay?
Old 30th December 2020, 18:40   #2537
BHPian

Need feedback. Currently I have Videocon d2h but my apt complex has got central dish antennas setup of Tata Sky and Airtel and they are insisting that people switch to one of the two, so that they can remove personal dish antennas from the roof.

So which one should I go for in year 2021? I have a Airtel broadband connection too which makes me eligible to get the Airtel Xstream box with a refundable deposit. But it has mixed reviews on the net and once you buy a box you keep it for years, so refundable deposit can be considered like a purchase cost. Besides the smart feature is not very relevant since I have a firestick.
Old 10th August 2021, 16:43   #2538
BHPian

Can anyone help me if any of the current DTH satellite providers offer box with 60Hz settings and recording feature. This is for my US brought TV where HDMI signal works only with 60Hz.

I am already aware of below things:
. d2h offers this but the box and software was very laggy - this was when I had Videocond2h.
. Tatasky offers this with HD box and not with HD+ box

Last edited by csnanjappa : 10th August 2021 at 16:45.
Old 14th August 2021, 17:25   #2539
BANNED

Anyone who has DishTV at home, do you get the Mastii channel? If yes, what is the channel number. I used to have it some time back, but can't find it anymore.
Old 14th August 2021, 18:21   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Anyone who has DishTV at home, do you get the Mastii channel? If yes, what is the channel number. I used to have it some time back, but can't find it anymore.
Check Videocon d2h channel number and try.
From their website
Quote:
Channel Availability: DD Free Dish - No 57, Dish TV - No 676, Tata Sky - No 670, Airtel - No 385, Videocon d2h- No 530
Or maybe channel 563 (Wikipedia).
I'm just guessing because I remember trying something like this with another channel. I currently don't have cable/DTH, so cannot check it out.
Old 26th August 2021, 07:03   #2541
BANNED

Quote:
I have had DishTV for a really long time now. But in the last few years, I am very unhappy with their service.
Quote:
Update: Technician turned up 4 days after logging the complaint.
Finally got fed up the regular issues with DishTV & finally installed GTPL cable at both my home & my parent's home. Bye bye to Dish, their poor quality equipment & their shady technicians.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 17:35. Reason: Posts merge & trimmed.
Old 30th August 2021, 22:12   #2542
BHPian

Anyone here using HD 6666 RF model STB of Videocon d2h? I'm trying to reset the factory settings but the incorrect pin message keeps popping up even after trying 1234, 0000 etc. Could someone help me out here?
Old 21st April 2024, 22:01   #2543
BHPian

I'm switching over to Airtel DTH with the bundle offer, Wi-Fi + DTH + Postpaid Mobile and now have to ditch my Tata Play Binge 4k HD Box.
Any idea of how to put this old Tata play box in to use without the subscription? I have a non-smart Sony TV and can attach this box to it. Will it work with the OTT subscriptions I get through Airtel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks