Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 23:16   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
I first tried getting to order the package online but it only flashed a message saying pay dues when actually there is nil. I then called cust. care but could never get through after nearly 15 attempts from 10:30 morning upto 13:00.
Evening my bro called them around 20:00 & after 10 mins. wait could speak to a customer care executive. He said since I was part of the 6 months free package, all packages available earlier would be available now till the free period is done. So within 2 mins everything was back up.
I just paid for Sports gold, sports plat and ten sports today. Even I am on that 6 months thing, I thought I will miss euro08 and paid up today :(

If I call them tomorrow will they give the sports channels free? anyway neo sports and cricket I had to pay even on the 6 months free thing. So will they credit my account with 55 rupees? for sports gold and ten sports(40+15)

This tata sky channel packaging is really bad, just to get the udaya kannada channels you need to pay 50 rupees more, 310+40+15+30 per month, +sports plat + lifestyle gold. Man, this is really annoying now :(
Old 7th June 2008, 10:05   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
I just paid for Sports gold, sports plat and ten sports today. Even I am on that 6 months thing, I thought I will miss euro08 and paid up today :(

If I call them tomorrow will they give the sports channels free? anyway neo sports and cricket I had to pay even on the 6 months free thing. So will they credit my account with 55 rupees? for sports gold and ten sports(40+15)

This tata sky channel packaging is really bad, just to get the udaya kannada channels you need to pay 50 rupees more, 310+40+15+30 per month, +sports plat + lifestyle gold. Man, this is really annoying now :(

Ooops so that makes you pay about 500 or more monthly?

These days the local cabel guys are coming up with the setup box, yesterday i got to see it my friends place. to my surprise the quality is as good as tata sky and they pay 2400 bucks for entire year. best part they get to aee all the channels!

am planning to dump my "tata sky" and go for it....
Old 7th June 2008, 20:09   #318
BHPian

Atleast you can drag TataSky in consumer court but Local cable guys are worst. maybe your cable guy is one of the kind.
Old 7th June 2008, 21:05   #319
Senior - BHPian

Good news for T-Sky subscribers, T-Sky has restored all Sports channels (ESPN, Star Sports, Ten Sports) and BBC channels until 30-June, after that they will announce the new package etc! Hope they'll not repeat the blunder again!
Old 7th June 2008, 21:31   #320
Senior - BHPian

Also there was a report in today's ET that ESPN is taking them to court over this dropping of channels. That might have prompted them to restore the channels.
Old 7th June 2008, 23:13   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Good news for T-Sky subscribers, T-Sky has restored all Sports channels (ESPN, Star Sports, Ten Sports) and BBC channels until 30-June, after that they will announce the new package etc! Hope they'll not repeat the blunder again!
yup...thats good news for tata sky users.

BTW what must have forced them to change their decision,threat of ESPN-star litigation or numerous calls from tata sky users?
Old 8th June 2008, 11:51   #322
BHPian

Yes even the Amritha channel has been restored, the removal of which had annoyed me. Seems they realised that they had bitten more than they can chew. But I doubt whether their intentions will change. They wil change things still whenever it suits them.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:49   #323
BHPian

Guys need some help,

What is the difference between Standard STB & VGA STB (in terms of picture Quality).

I think the advantage with VGA STB is that it can be connected to the PC and TV Both but is there any difference in terms of Picture Quality too when compared with Standard STB. (DishTV)

I am planning to buy a plasma sometime this year and want to know if the VGA STB will give better signals leading to better PQ on Plasma , DishTV is asking for 1000/- extra for the VGA Box when compared to the Std. Box.

Is it worth it?

Pls advise urgently.

Thanks in advance
Old 10th June 2008, 16:12   #324
BHPian

No Response so far ?

Does any one have any experience with the VGA STB from DishTV?
Old 10th June 2008, 16:14   #325
BANNED

Check this -> Set Top Boxes (STBs)

Last edited by Spitfire : 10th June 2008 at 16:16.
Old 10th June 2008, 17:28   #326
BHPian

What the games are they playing? I already missed one MotoGP because of their channel restructure Sports Plat.

After June 30, again some stupid chanell repacking?

People dont call their customer care, it sucks. Use the online facility! Much faster.
Old 13th June 2008, 10:12   #327
BHPian

Over the past 2-3 days, the national dailies are carrying some advertisements hinting at a revolution in television viewing in India.

This could very well be a teaser for the launch of BigTV. This particular advert hints at some kind of a Personal Video Recorder STB which is a very good development for us. I have been a TataSky subscriber for about 36 months now and the PVR is something I needed ever since. Also, looking at the recent changes made by TataSky, I am made to beleive that they are going for some dirty games at the expense of the subscribers.

Also, given the fact the BigTV is going to launch HD services within a couple of months, I am planning to shift to BigTV soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-bigadxs5.jpg  

Old 13th June 2008, 10:30   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Over the past 2-3 days, the national dailies are carrying some advertisements hinting at a revolution in television viewing in India.
Sounds exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I have been a TataSky subscriber for about 36 months now
Dont think tata sky is that old.
Old 13th June 2008, 10:37   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sounds exciting

Dont think tata sky is that old.
Oops! My bad, I meant about 24 months old! TataSky was launched in August 2006. 10th August to be precise (if I am not mistaken). I got my connection on 15th August 2006.
Old 16th June 2008, 19:06   #330
Senior - BHPian

BIG TV launch tomorrow ? Thats what i heard. And it is going to be cheaper than the competition.

Any confirmations ?

Most Viewed