Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 19:05   #826
BHPian

how to connect 1 tata sky stb to a tv and a laptop

I have a tata sky ( not the +) stb which is connected to my LG 21 inch tv.

I recently bought this product from a bhpian :

Team-BHP Classifieds - Watch Satellite TV on your Laptop/Desktop - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

What i need to know is -- is there a way of splitting the signal from 1 stb and giving it to 2 sources :

1 tv
2. laptop connected with the device mentioned above.

Also need to know if i would need any additional devices or wires to make it happen.

regards
kpbhatt
Old 24th June 2009, 20:21   #827
Senior - BHPian

hey kp,

i too have connected my tata sky stb to the cpu tower also apart from my lcd tv.

for the lcd i have used the av out.
and for the cpu tower,since my tv-tuner card on the cpu has the regular rf pin,i have connected the rf out from the tata sky stb to it. (rf pin is the regular pin which is used by the cable-wallahs) all you will need is the regular rf wire.

u can do the vice versa also, depending on the input source on the pinnacle unit.

hope this helps.
tc
Old 24th June 2009, 20:39   #828
BHPian

hi aadix -- i do have an RF in as well as the av\in ( red\yellow\white) setup -- will try my luck with rf cable in the weekend and update you.
Old 24th June 2009, 20:43   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
hi aadix -- i do have an RF in as well as the av\in ( red\yellow\white) setup -- will try my luck with rf cable in the weekend and update you.
This way, wont both the TV and PC be displaying the same channel?
Old 14th July 2009, 14:56   #830
BHPian

I tried connecting the RF Out from the tata sky stb to the RF In of my external tv tuner card. Could not detect the signal on Windows Media Center software. Not sure what am I missing
Old 15th July 2009, 02:44   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I have both Airtel and TS at home. The A/B test on the same TV is pending.
Pending task mentioned above has been completed !

Did a long comparison between TataSky and Airtel. I have both DTH Boxes at home.

- Hooked up both to my receiver on different composite AV inputs. Composite monitor out to the same AV input mode on my PV8
- Viewing distance varied from 1 ft to 10 ft.
- Watched all sorts of channels. Obviously the same channel on both boxes when comparing.
- Could easily and instantly switch between the sources, using the AV selector on the Denon. Almost negligible time lag between the switches, allowing for instant comparison.

Honestly speaking, there was no noticeable difference. Or I have bad eyesight. (btw, I don't wear specs and have normal eyesight otherwise).

Only on one channel - Star Sports during some golf programme did I feel that Airtel had a weeeeeee weeeeeee bit more richer grass colour. The difference was so negligible that, were I to choose between the 2 sets, I wouldn't keep PQ as a consideration. Would rather look at features/price/service etc.

Btw, I prefer the TataSky interface. It's easier to use IMO.
Old 15th July 2009, 03:35   #832
BHPian

@shuvc: IMO, I think the picture quality is same if the cable length/quality are same. My rule of thumb is unless you can correctly identify the 2 systems based on quality at least 5 out of 10 times by hiding the logo/brand, a blind test, there exists no visible difference.
Old 15th July 2009, 07:57   #833
Senior - BHPian

Any One Here got Videocon d2h dth ?I read that they sells their dth already in punjab state.How is it?
Old 21st July 2009, 12:03   #834
BANNED

You need to go to settings in Media Center setup and select the mode you connected the STB to your PC either RF or via RCA, it detects the input after that enjoy the TV on PC even your media center remote control can be configured to control STB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
I tried connecting the RF Out from the tata sky stb to the RF In of my external tv tuner card. Could not detect the signal on Windows Media Center software. Not sure what am I missing
Old 21st July 2009, 13:32   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Any One Here got Videocon d2h dth ?I read that they sells their dth already in punjab state.How is it?

Also they are selling LCDs and TVs with inbuilt STBs it seems. Would be interested to read a few review of this. I personally feel it's a good move.
They also have an DVD Player cum STB!
Old 25th July 2009, 12:22   #836
BANNED

I'm fed up with BIG TV. I had problems with my set-top box(Model 1) & they replaced me with a Model 2. But it's pathetic than the former.

Their call center is also worst, you've to wait for hours to talk to some ignorant brats !
Old 14th September 2009, 11:32   #837
BHPian

Does anyone have the complete package list for airtel digital tv. unable to source it. which is the best in the market now. Airtel/TATASKY or Big TV???? planning to get one.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:38   #838
Team-BHP Support

I am a known airtel fanboy on the forum.

The packages should be available on the website, aren't they ?
Old 14th September 2009, 11:49   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Does anyone have the complete package list for airtel digital tv. unable to source it. which is the best in the market now. Airtel/TATASKY or Big TV???? planning to get one.
Have been using DishTV for over a year now. Haven't any issue so far.

The only -ve point IMO about DishTV is that you don't get Neo Sports or Neo Cricket on it!
Old 14th September 2009, 12:35   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am a known airtel fanboy on the forum.

The packages should be available on the website, aren't they ?
I love Airtel Digital, it is a great experience. I have only one grouse though. POGO does not have dual language broadcast. Comes only in Hindi. I have addressed the problem to the CC many times only to get dumb replies saying whatever languages we get, we give. At the same time, in my Dish TV, I get the programs in english.

@sajands.. here is the link for the packages

Airtel digital TV Packages – DTH Packages - DTH Offers in India

Last edited by esteem_lover : 14th September 2009 at 12:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks