Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 21:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone managed to register online with Dishtv (so you can pay subscription online via credit card etc). I filled in the form more than 6 weeks ago. The site states you will get logon details within 3 days. Still waiting.
Old 22nd September 2006, 16:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
Has anyone managed to register online with Dishtv (so you can pay subscription online via credit card etc). I filled in the form more than 6 weeks ago. The site states you will get logon details within 3 days. Still waiting.
bigman,
better be very careful in your dealings with these morons called dishtv. do not have any dealings on the net or by their itz card. always pay the money directly to the dealer & take a receipt & pester him for the services. otherwise, they will not bother. i paid 5700 for my connection which was said to be valid for 1 year. suddenly, in my account i saw i was in the red for 1800 bucks. when the new channels (Sony) came up, i was asked to pay 300 odd to receive them & when i paid 300, still i did not receive the sony channels. on enquiring they said i have to clear my arrears first. would you believe that ? i had to fight tooth & nail to settle that matter with them. again the dealer was useful for that. so, IMO do not trust Dishtv online. their customer support staff are also so dumb, they keep repeating themselves no matter what you ask them.
Old 22nd September 2006, 19:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
bigman,
better be very careful in your dealings with these morons called dishtv. do not have any dealings on the net or by their itz card. always pay the money directly to the dealer & take a receipt & pester him for the services. otherwise, they will not bother. i paid 5700 for my connection which was said to be valid for 1 year. suddenly, in my account i saw i was in the red for 1800 bucks. when the new channels (Sony) came up, i was asked to pay 300 odd to receive them & when i paid 300, still i did not receive the sony channels. on enquiring they said i have to clear my arrears first. would you believe that ? i had to fight tooth & nail to settle that matter with them. again the dealer was useful for that. so, IMO do not trust Dishtv online. their customer support staff are also so dumb, they keep repeating themselves no matter what you ask them.
Thanks. So did you manage to access your account online ? I have never been sent my login details. If I can pay with a credit card then under UK law I am protected (even for goods/services bought overseas). So even if they shaft me I can easily get my money back from my credit card provider in the UK.

After reading your problems I can understand why so many people wanted to crack their encryption system (well it is already cracked just a case of ......... I think I will not go into detail here.)
Old 22nd September 2006, 20:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Both Tatasky and DishTv are not offering Sun network channels at the moment. Somebody mentioned that Sun is coming up with their own DTH service.

If Sun package is not offered, it is impossible to penitrate homes in South India.
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

bigman,i have registered online and even upgraded my package using Credit card
.earlier they did not give me the password and hence i called them,they said that the address in the form was not correct and hence the request was rejected.it happens if your dealer has filled the form for you and written something wrongly.

just write a mail to supervisor@dishtvindia.esselgroup.com stating that you have registerd but not got the password and username,give your name complete address and VC number and request the password and username.i got mine in 2 hrs after i sent the mail.
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:47   #81
ECM
BHPian

Tip if you are NOT able to get some $(paid) channels though you have subscribed for it,There is a soluton for this as far as my experence goes and it worked at my end after sending lot of mails to dish tv to correct my prob and one engineer gave me this solution almost 6 months back.by the way star package is free till 31st Dec.06 for those who have maxi package and paying a subscription of Rs.374/p.month.I pay cash to my dealer and keep my STB ON on paid channel say ESPN/SONY for a night.Solution is given below,try it
Go and check time/date settings and if one has reset his STB to factory reset in past so he needs to set time and date again.Keep your STB ON for blocked pay channel for 1 night and see what happens in the morning!!
(read again what I have wrote in very first line on this msg)

Last edited by ECM : 22nd September 2006 at 22:51.
Old 23rd September 2006, 01:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Yes,I got my User ID/Password email a day after I had registered for the same on their website..and the User ID/Pass is working fine..haven't renewed the connection online yet(since am a new subscriber,so,am in my initial 3 months subscription package period)..but have changed my Language Zone Package from Hindi to Gujrati,and that too worked fine,and the new Gujrati channels were unlocked in my TV within an hour of making the online Zone Change request.

-sr
Old 23rd September 2006, 11:26   #83
BANNED

ive been using the 7 star dth for around 4 months now. they say something like 175 channels. but i am missing good channels like bbc world. i get bbc food and bbc prime. but i cant watch top gear . all other channels are on. is anyone having the same problem. in my dads office without dth he does get bbc world this sucks.
Old 23rd September 2006, 11:42   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
ive been using the 7 star dth for around 4 months now.
Is this in mumbai ?? I have never heard of this DTH service.

And as for BBC its only saving grace is Top Gear, else it is just a propaganda channel esp BBC Asia where you are the British overlords looking down on the miserable natives and how they can never do it right.

BBC Asia went paid..it's now a pay channel...and I stopped getting it on DTH. I say good riddance.
Old 23rd September 2006, 22:25   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
Is this in mumbai ?? I have never heard of this DTH service.

Same here !!..I haven't ever heard of 7 star DTH !!..and 175 channels seems good..because Dish TV provides around 165 channels,and Tata Sky around 60 channels..
Jesal..please provide more information on this 7 Star DTH service..any website/tel. nos./addresses/etc. would help.

Best,
-sr
Old 24th September 2006, 12:46   #86
BANNED

well see i have a stupid box given to me free from 7 star. it gives out something like 175 channels. but close to 25 dont work at all. like bbc i want to watch top gear and tons of other channels that come on normal cable i dont get. this is in mumbai in the suburbs. i am not paying for the service becuase my society pays for it, dont want to get into that pact now. ill try getting some more info since i have shifted from old house to a newer one in versova, so i got the box here too so some channels dont work.
Old 24th September 2006, 13:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Are you confusing DTH with CAS.
Old 24th September 2006, 20:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. So did you manage to access your account online ? I have never been sent my login details. If I can pay with a credit card then under UK law I am protected (even for goods/services bought overseas). So even if they shaft me I can easily get my money back from my credit card provider in the UK.

After reading your problems I can understand why so many people wanted to crack their encryption system (well it is already cracked just a case of ......... I think I will not go into detail here.)
yeah, i have regd on line & do log in every other day, but there is nothing useful there. i saw my provisional statement online & got the shock of my life as i have said in my earlier post regarding the 1800 rs in the red.

Quote:
If Sun package is not offered, it is impossible to penitrate homes in South India
at present there are 167 channels , there is sun tv & sun news only from the sun bouquet so far, but soon all channels should be available as per the recent trai order. but the quality of some of their channels leave a lot to be desired though, especially reality tv, national geographic, star world to name a few. the audio is worse in almost all the channels, especially the music channels like VH1, MTV, V...you just cannot hook it up to your Hi-Fi, it will sound like it is coming from a well.
Old 24th September 2006, 23:13   #89
BANNED

actually after posting i think i might just have. dint bother to delete it. when i was in juhu it was fun 175 channels plus it was for free. sorry
Old 25th September 2006, 10:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

>>yeah, i have regd on line & do log in every other day, but there is nothing useful there.

Communicating with them directly from your a/c is most the most effective means of communicating with them. That is what I found out.

And in case of upgrading your a/c or changing your package plz remember to keep the STB switched on for minimum 3 hours on any pay channel after receiving notification that they have upgraded your package.

BTW I have discontinued with DishTV now !

Most Viewed