Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 14:16   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

TataSky DTH Service Support

The TataSky DTH in parents home suddenly gave a message that they have not subscribed to the channels (Any of them) when actually they had subscribed and balance was there in the account.

Called up Cust. Service and they aplogised for the technical fault from their side and set it right.

Second day I got a call from the Cust care about the incident and if things are fine now. The call was to inform me that they would reverse the amount that had been deducted from the account when the service wasn't available to us. Good job! Even I forgot about this.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:12   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
1080p is not used for broadcasting anywhere in the world, not even in the US.
That could be true for terrestrial broadcasts, may not be for satellite or IP TV.

Quote:
The difference between 1080p and 720p is noticeable only when you sit close to (less than 6.5 feet ) a 50" plasma TV.
Mine is 42" (only!) so I have to get even closer, like 5 feet

@ketan, you just need to click on "introducing Sun Direct HD" link towards bottom-right corner of the main page.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:19   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
^ I had a quick look at their website but couldnt find information about the HD channels or the DTH HD subscription!
Ketan, try this:
Sun Direct HD

You can choose between South Basic and Rest of India basic

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th March 2010 at 15:20.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:45   #934
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks,

So, its like Dish+STB+Installation+1Yr HDPack+1Yr Metro pack (you still have to go buy more channles) is availble for 9990/-.

I guess it will be a good idea to wait for other providers to come out with the HD content and that will bring this price down for sure.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:52   #935
Senior - BHPian

SUN HD DTH is way too expensive given that they have only a few channels on HD. Its better to wait.

I got Tata Sky Plus and haven't regretted it. Customer service is good. Signal clarity is also good. The recording feature is excellent. Upto 90 hrs and I have a backlog of programs that I've recorded that I need to watch still!!! Its a good feature and once you use it you'll get hooked to it.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:00   #936
BHPian

The STB provided by SUN Direct HD is of Samsung make. It is having a HDMI out and a composite out along with SPDIF port for 5.1 sound output via an amplifier/home theater and a USB port.
With the remote of STB, we can even control the TV's of different makes by configuring the code of the TV manufacturer.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:42   #937
Senior - BHPian

Want to buy TATA Sky Plus, but am waiting to see if HD will be offered. Cant keep upgrading the set top box. Any info when others will start offering HD?
Old 15th March 2010, 14:44   #938
Team-BHP Support

Big TV

Last week without any warning lost all the channels on Big TV.
Called up and was told that they no longer support the old plan I was subscribed to.
I also had Top Up plans with Elite, Regional and a-la-carte Colors.

Asked them to put me on a plan and they added me to the Silver pack.

Later I went thru all the plans on the website. Chose Diamond as it contained everything I needed.
Subscribed to it and asked for the Elite and Colors subscription be removed.
They were part of the Diamond pack.
Unable to do it last Friday due to some server issues.

Finally managed to get a customer service guy on Sunday.
As per them the IPL craze had kept the lines busy.

It took me over 20 mins of holding on before I got the customer rep guy.

Now there were a lot of issues with billing.
Since I was subscribed to the Regional pack prior to my enrolling in the Diamond pack. I was being charged for it.
As per them Diamond pack has 1 regional pack free.
But I was being charged for it.

The correct way to do it is remove subscriptio for regional pack and activate it in a future date.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT FOR FREE.

Please be aware that you might be getting double charged.

Call up Big TV if you are a subscriber and check for what plans are active on your account.
If there is an overlap cancel them.
Verify if the Regional pack is FREE and if the subscription offer for you marks its as FREE.

regards,
Old 6th April 2010, 13:09   #939
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of taking DTH as the cable quality is sad, which one you guys recommend "Airtel" has very bad review on mouthshut...
Old 6th April 2010, 14:13   #940
BANNED

I have been with TataSky almost since its inception. Very satisfied. In case of faults they have very good service - normally showup within an hour and a half!
Old 6th April 2010, 14:18   #941
Team-BHP Support

If you understand how Reliance works, have a bit of patience, then you can try Big TV.

I have had only one issue with them
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post1783615

But that apart the quality etc on my NON HD ordinary 21" TV is good.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:20   #942
BHPian

Tatasky is the best. The new Tatasky now comes with mpeg4 quality. Do check before buying any other. Their service is just best.

When my set-top box remote was not working i called the customer care to change it. As my set-top box was in warranty they replaced it free and all this happened within an hour.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:11   #943
BHPian

Airtel launched recording facility from mobile. Check www.airtel.in/digitaltv for more details..
Old 10th April 2010, 01:14   #944
Senior - BHPian

Airtel is offering DTH for 999 for existing Airtel customers. Hows the offer! I was just thinking to get it while its available at lower rate and compare it with my TSky. However, another thought is to just wait for some more time and switch to something which provides HD / better STB with didtial a/v output.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:03   #945
Senior - BHPian

Saw this ad in Y'day's Times of India.

Article Window

Sun-HD has an offer. They are giving a discount of Rs.2,490/- for your old Set-Top Box. So effective price of their HD-DTH with 1 year subscription comes to Rs.7,500/-.

They need the Set Top Box and the smart card.

Now, about my case, I am desperate to have HD-DTH since I bought 46" Full HD LCD TV. I have 2 set top box of Dish-TV lying useless as I shifted to Tata-Sky one year back.

Is it a good buy at Rs.7,500/-.

Also, is it safe to give Set Top Box and smart card to Sun-DTH as that was issued in my name by Dish TV ?
Attached Thumbnails
Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-sunhd.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks