Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 18:26   #1096
Team-BHP Support

The oft beaten question:

Guys which is better Airtel or Tata Sky?
Old 8th November 2010, 18:47   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The oft beaten question:

Guys which is better Airtel or Tata Sky?
From what I've seen (and owned), go for Tata Sky. Costs a bit more than Airtel, but worth it. I have bought Airtel and regretted it. Their customer service is pathetic btw.
Old 8th November 2010, 20:13   #1098
Team-BHP Support

Called up Tata Sky. They say HD boxes are out of stock. Will take at least 15 days to get one!
Old 9th November 2010, 12:05   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Which HD DTH to go for 40" LCD TV?

Guys,

Kindly help me to choose the Best HD DTH service provider in South Delhi. Right now I am using SUN Direct SD connection. For last 6 months Sun Direct service is pathetic. Most channels disappeared due to Satellite problem. Customer service is a joke.

Now I need a new HD connection.

Which HD service provider to go for 40" Samsung LCD? Viewing distance 10' - 11'.

My top preference is TataSky over Airtel and Big TV.

Anybody using TataSky HD in Delhi?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vinu
Old 9th November 2010, 12:40   #1100
BHPian

guys
i own a sun hd , iget 4 hd channels-nat,discovery,hd service,dd hd (from 7 to 10 pm).
the quality of these hd channels in my plasma is amazing.
the dd hd doesnt have audio,is any body experiencing this problem.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:00   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
From what I've seen (and owned), go for Tata Sky. Costs a bit more than Airtel, but worth it. I have bought Airtel and regretted it. Their customer service is pathetic btw.
I've been using Airtel DTH for almost 2 years now and never had any reasons to complain.
I'm yet to contact their customer service (never had the need to), so don't quite know how it is.

The advantage Airtel had over others was the inclusion of Worldspace radio but then that service is stopped in India.

If you're looking to get the HD connection Airtel has an HD STB with recording capability which IMO is missing among all the DTH providers.

The cheapest DTH service is by DishTV.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:29   #1102
BHPian

Guys, bought a Satellite LCD from Videocon over Diwali. This included freebies like a Videocon Dual sim phone and along with that Videocon D2H South Diamond pack for 12 months free of cost. Sounded good to me. Installation was done next day and since then i have no issues with it. Since it was raining all of last week here in bangalore, i was a little skeptic. But no problems whatsoever and the reception is very good.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:45   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I've been using Airtel DTH for almost 2 years now and never had any reasons to complain.
I'm yet to contact their customer service (never had the need to), so don't quite know how it is.
Same here. I am having Airtel DTH since close to 2 years, and I am very happy with it. I will probably upgrade to their DTH-HD package soon.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:31   #1104
Senior - BHPian

@ deepakhon. How do you rate Airtel's Channel Guide in comparison with TataSky's.

In TataSky it's very easy to schedule a Program for watching later with onscreen alert.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 9th November 2010, 16:58   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
How do you rate Airtel's Channel Guide in comparison with TataSky's.

In TataSky it's very easy to schedule a Program for watching later with onscreen alert.

Cheers!

Vinu
@myavu, I have not seen/operated TataSky interface for more than 2 years. Sorry, I do not remember anything about that.

The only channels I end up watching are Pogo, CN and Hungama, courtesy my daughter. The only time I get to hog TV is during an F1 race. In effect, I am not a power user of the features. I just remember the channel numbers, as there are very limited ones that I need to remember
Old 10th November 2010, 10:44   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

The advantage Airtel had over others was the inclusion of Worldspace radio but then that service is stopped in India.

If you're looking to get the HD connection Airtel has an HD STB with recording capability which IMO is missing among all the DTH providers.

The cheapest DTH service is by DishTV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Same here. I am having Airtel DTH since close to 2 years, and I am very happy with it. I will probably upgrade to their DTH-HD package soon.
Maybe I'm the unlucky one. I got the HD set top box and I have paid the subscription for one whole year. I have been facing transmission problems right from day one and the customer care does not even understand my problems. I had the number of the guy who installed the dish and when I call him about my problems, he says call up customer care and lodge a complaint, when I call up customer care, they don't care a hoot about my problem

I am able to watch only a few channels properly. Most of the channels are not transmitted properly and it is irritating when I watch them. When I contact customer care, they say that I have not subscribed to that channel. I have told them that I am getting the channel, but it is not coming on properly. Then they say that my account balance is negative and hence the problem. This when I have paid subscription for one whole year.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:01   #1107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe I'm the unlucky one.
I've described my experiences with Airtel DTH customer care on another thread. After the initial hiccups, i havent had much reason to complain.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:47   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Guys,

Kindly help me to choose the Best HD DTH service provider in South Delhi. Right now I am using SUN Direct SD connection. For last 6 months Sun Direct service is pathetic. Most channels disappeared due to Satellite problem. Customer service is a joke.

Vinu
Sun Direct DTH Changed to 91.5° E Measat(from 93.5°E Insat) and their Technicians are re-aligning Dish Pointing at 91.5° E .Call SD or Hire a Technician to Realign Dish.
Here is more on this:
Exclusive: Realignment Procedure - SD moving to MEASAT - Big TV, Tata Sky, Dish TV India, Airtel Digital TV, Sun DTH on SaveOnDish.com

Regards,
DC
Old 10th November 2010, 13:16   #1109
BHPian

Considering this is an automotive forum....

I dont think Airtel DTH has Discovery Turbo (last time i checked). Although its not the end of the world, i hope many are aware of this fact before choosing Airtel DTH.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:35   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am able to watch only a few channels properly. Most of the channels are not transmitted properly and it is irritating when I watch them. When I contact customer care, they say that I have not subscribed to that channel. I have told them that I am getting the channel, but it is not coming on properly. Then they say that my account balance is negative and hence the problem. This when I have paid subscription for one whole year.
Very sorry to hear this. Perhaps it would be best if you could escalate this issue at Airtel.
The only reason I am hanging on with Airtel is due to the HD STB with recording feature. At this point its priced exorbitantly, waiting for other players to launch this and then switch over.
DishTV has the cheapest HD options ATM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks