Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 22:34   #1111
Team-BHP Support

Installed Tata Sky HD today. Had some hick-ups in getting there guys to come. But I guess that was more due to some other issues. Once they knew they had to come, they came within an hour installed and left.

I must say I am blown away by the HD package. An absolute must for the Nat-Geo/Discovery viewers!
Old 18th November 2010, 16:56   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Installed Tata Sky HD today. Had some hick-ups in getting there guys to come. But I guess that was more due to some other issues. Once they knew they had to come, they came within an hour installed and left.

I must say I am blown away by the HD package. An absolute must for the Nat-Geo/Discovery viewers!
How much did it cost you? and i suppose this will be a new set top box...
Old 18th November 2010, 17:02   #1113
BHPian

Ampere Sir, have you noticed any glitches during showers. I have a videocon D2H, and sometimes in heavy rain, have disruption in services. But otherwise have nothing to complain. Whats your experience from tata sky
Old 18th November 2010, 18:11   #1114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
How much did it cost you? and i suppose this will be a new set top box...
2599 for the STB (which includes the installation charges. )
Please note the HD STB is not easily available. If you call Tata Sky for an installation, they said 20 days to wait to STB to arrive
( no stock). I was lucky to find one with a local dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Ampere Sir, have you noticed any glitches during showers. I have a videocon D2H, and sometimes in heavy rain, have disruption in services. But otherwise have nothing to complain. Whats your experience from tata sky
No issues what so ever! Works like a charm. In our apartment they had a prior deal with the residents. Hence they had installed one bigger disk for all. So as more folks take the connection, Tata sky folks come and connect the wire to the STB. (Wires from the disk are already done. Hence it was an easy job, thanks to prior planning).

(Not sure if bigger disk is the reason, why I dont see any glitch)

But having said that, its only 4 days. Need to wait longer and check the performance.

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2010 at 18:12.
Old 20th November 2010, 23:20   #1115
BHPian

I wanted to purchase a HD connection. I was researching for two months as to which is the best HD DTH. I was browing India boradband, saveon dish forums which gave lot of feed back. It was a tough choice since most of them give same channels.(Only Discovery and NG are ttu HD channels. Some providers give additional upscale channels). Unfortunately there was not a single place to see a proper demo. Finally I saw a demo at Vasanth for SUN and Tata shy HD. Could not find any difference in quality. But the quality was not upto my expectation. After some thoughts, decided and purchased SUN HD. The sole reason is it offers bigger dish(I hope better reception) and one upscale HD channel of tamil and telugu movies/ songs. I was very skeptical about their service as the feedback by everyone I asked was uniformly pathetic. But to my surpise, the technicial called me within 48 hours of purchase and installed it the next day. He was very professional in installation and explanation.

The quality of the two HD channels is AMAZING. Far far better than what I saw in the demo. The contents are of course excellent. I am enjoying the HD to the core, The HD service is 24 hours tamil/telugu music with one movie in tamil and telugu every day. Though it is not a tru HD, the clarity and sound is very good. Excellent timepass channel.

I am not sure if the SD channels are better with HD connection. The reason is I have SCV cable set top box and the quality of SD channels through this is far superior than even the HD box and I continue to watch the SD channels thoriugh the cable.

Folks it cost only 2940 Rs. Go ahead and enjoy the HD phenomenon. This is to be seen than described...
Old 15th December 2010, 18:18   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Tata Sky HD services in Delhi-NCR

Hi Folks,

Any idea about when Tata Sky starting HD services in Delhi-NCR.

Patiently waiting since Diwali

Regards

Vinu
Old 21st December 2010, 14:51   #1117
Team-BHP Support

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

BIG TV
I was not home for a couple of days. In that time my account ran out of money. I came home, switched on the tv and there was no picture. Blank grey screen.

Called up customer care after putting in a Rs 300 recharge.

They asked me to press the red button on the remote.

The first installation screen came up. After it showed a Good Signal reading, it moved to the channel scan. Gave me an Error Type 2 occurred screen.

Tried a couple of times and the same message pops up.

Called customer care. They said that since I am out of warranty a Rs 175 service charge would apply. I declined logging any complaint.

Thing is I am shifting my house sometime next week.

Called up customer care and asked them the rates for shifting. Did not inform them about the error. Was told the cost is about 500.

Now I would rather buy a new connection
1500/- Rs to Sun and get free channels for 4 months
or pay 3k to Tata and get free channels for a year.
or pay 2590 to Big TV again and get 12 months free.

Is it a good idea to do so.
Old 21st December 2010, 14:54   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows if Movies Now channel will be available on Tata Sky?
Old 21st December 2010, 14:57   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Sky HD services in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Hi Folks,

Any idea about when Tata Sky starting HD services in Delhi-NCR.

Patiently waiting since Diwali

Regards

Vinu
I don't think there's any region wise service for DTH
Old 21st December 2010, 15:06   #1120
BANNED

I am waiting for TataSky HD for the past four months. I mailed them and got a call back within three hours - we will contact you when we launch TataSky HD in Kanpur. My subscription expires in May. I am seriously thinking of switching service providers, provided they offer what I need - twin connections - at the moment one HD one normal.
Old 21st December 2010, 15:17   #1121
BHPian

is TIMES MOVIES available on tata sky?
Old 21st December 2010, 16:42   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
is TIMES MOVIES available on tata sky?
Not yet. As per hifivision.com forums, it should be available in a few days.
Old 21st December 2010, 17:02   #1123
BHPian

I want to get an HD connection but the only thing holding me back is the monthly rental. I watch very little TV and mostly use it to watch the F1 races. I would love to watch Star Sports in HD but the problem is that all the DTH companies require me to subscribe to their top plan when i opt for a HD STB. I don't see the logic behind forcing customers to subscribe to all the channels they won't watch, just because they can afford to buy an HDTV and an HD STB.
Old 21st December 2010, 19:41   #1124
Senior - BHPian

I just upgraded my Tata Sky to HD. When i called Tata Sky customer support, they said they don't have HD boxes in stock. It will take a month's time. After couple of days, a dealer called me that he has stock. I asked him to deliver it to me. He charged Rs. 100/- extra.

When the technician tried to install the new HD box, it always hanged up at the signal strength screen. Next button was not showing. I requested for box replacement and had to wait another 10 days. They don't have replacement boxes too in stock.

Finally it was delivered last week and everything is fine now. Nat Geo and Discovery are amazing in HD.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:46   #1125
BHPian

Hi All Tataksy HD users, at what resolution have you set your STB to. I have hooked my TSHD STB to a Samsung LA40C550 LCD via component input.
The TV detects the 1920x1080i/50hz , i did a check with 1280x720 and felt it had better picture quality on Discovery and NatGeo. How about the other users?

I am eagerly waiting for MoivesNow to turn to check out the 5.1 and 1080i video. Sent a few sms to HD 58888 and just get the same autoreply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks